Something Fishy About Nick Berg Video?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Angel_Headed_Hipster, May 15, 2004.

1. CrAzYStaRR

CrAzYStaRR Member

The whole thing is just messed up. For those who brought up the blood issue, that is the first thing I noticed. I just cant believe that they are still allowing people to view it. I watched it, and felt sick. I just cant believe that his parents are not fighting to get this video off the net.

I know this sounds really bad, and people will disagree with me.... but people are mad at what our soldiers did to those prisoners, but look what they did on 9/11. I think what we did to them was MILD!

2. psychedelic_unclesam

psychedelic_unclesam Member

It would be mild to you. You grow up in a culture of sex and violence. And you have no first hand experience of the realities of whats going on.

To Muslims, they basically sentenced them to eternal damnation and hell, beyond the physical life.

A Man being naked around another man is a serious thing to their culture.

Again, we grow up used to watching sexual innuendo's and acts from the time we are 2 years old till death.

Its just cultural differences and perception.

In regards to original post, yeah I am suspicious of the vid. I only watched it once. The screams did seem odd to me, but i've never watched someone get decapitated before though so i don't know.

What really bothered me was the ORANGE JUMPSUIT. I mean, come ON! I can't think of any reason they would have him in that?

Im not saying either way, but I agree this needs to be looked at, and not by people that benefit from it.

3. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

Gotta admit, that orange jumpsuit is enough to make anyone question the veracity of this vid. I hope there are people who can be trusted to sort things out actually looking into it. I, for one, would like to know for certain what is up with this.

4. razm

razm Member

5. razm

razm Member

right right....check this out....http://http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3577.....the dude was done in, nothing fake about it. Actually, I cannot believe that you are not enraged.

To bad I can't use the friggin edit button here.......would'ved save some bandwith......course that doesn't matter when you have money and you're capitalist right? Fascism rules alright!

6. know1nozme

Oh, believe me, I AM ENRAGED! I have no doubts that the guy was murdered. I'm just not certain WHO did the murdering. I'm totally pissed off, but I'm confused about who to be pissed off at. There is a little (well, maybe not so little) paranoid part of me that's screaming that he was murdered by the C.I.A. and the vid is a scam to make us believe it was someone else and fuel our outrage against "the terrorists" (partially to get our minds off the atrocities committed by U.S. soldiers). But to be honest, I don't really know - it's just intuition. I'm waiting for more info, but I'm still mad as hell!

This is what the lies told to us by our government has done to my capacity to trust anything they say, anymore. It started with the "War on Drugs" and that campaign of misinformation and has just carried over into everything else.

7. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

There was no way of knowing if this video was going to 'enrage the public' into lobbying behind Bush.

Personally Im shocked it didnt have the exact reverse effect!

When these types of videos have been released before (Somalia, Viet Nam) they have driven the AMerican public into retreat mode.

The CIA would have been pretty ballsey to have assumed it would have worked in 'favour' of Bush. Im not sure this video has worked in Bushs favour anyway!?

People.. please THINK about the implications of theories before going 'hog wild' on things like Orange Jumpsuits.

Honestly... be honest.... do you really think the CIA was going to take the time to murder an American citisen (so Bush can get re-elected and Cheney some more money) then somehow just 'forget' to remove an official prisoner uniform?
    What? Do you think the prison numbers on it actually identify a real prisoner ID that was entered into the system?

Did they realise afterwards "Shit... what if people recognise the Orange prison suit.. ahhh shit.. they wont notice anyway"

Please.. think about what your jumping to and what that would mean.

Now before you go all 'Dick Cheney's Oil buddies' on me, try and think about what that theory actually means.
    Dick Cheney is already VERY wealthy. He is not only wealthy but if he never earned another dollar - the interest on his money would keep him a multi-multi millionaire for the next 30 years.

Cheney and his 'buddies' are all old men in retirement age now. Most will not live more than another 10 years.
    Do they really have that much motive to murder a 26 year old american - just to make another million off some Oil deal ... WHICH THEY ALREADY HAVE!?

Please.. Please.. lets put some more thought into our theories.

..and this is coming from someone who basically agrees with most peoples sentiments in this forum!

8. know1nozme

I am thinking. I'm not 'hog wild.' I'm just not rushing to judgement at this time.

Actually, I think it is more likely that they accidentally killed Berg and in their panic to cover it up before all the blood coagulated, they made a few major errors, like deciding to set this up to piss off the U.S. public and fuel the rage against Iraq. Let's face it, they are not Mosad. The C.I.A. has gotten very sloppy over the years since Bush senior was in charge of them, way back when. Look at how much has been blamed on them concerning the accuracy of the information they provided leading up to 9/11.

Now it's possible that the C.I.A. is simply willing to take the fall for that fiasco (9/11) and aren't defending themselves as well as they could be - after all it's so much easier for the Bush administation to blame a faceless organization (like the C.I.A) that isn't up for re-election for this mess, than for them to shoulder the responsibility themselves. The C.I.A. is under the umbrella of the Executive office, aren't they?

I'm jumping to no conclusions. This is all mere suspicion and speculation based upon my own paranoia and mistrust of the government, as I qualified in my previous posts. I'm thinking relatively clearly, I'm just writing it down and posting it. I have come to no conclusions, and I don't think most of the people posting here have (nor should they) at this time, either.

9. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

That's the standard conspiracy theory approach: it could be a CIA conspiracy, it could be aliens from mars, it could be Zarqawi. Since you're "sceptical", you conclude we'll never know.

Therefore we'll never be sure if the WTC has explosives planted in them, if the pentagon was hit by a missile, the 9/11 jets were piloted by robots, all al queda videos were staged, afghanistan was an oil plot, the DC sniper was a conspiracy to distract the public, berg was killed by the cia, etc etc etc forever.

This is not what it means to be a sceptic.

10. know1nozme

I am very aware of "what it means to be a sceptic," and while the word never appeared in any of my posts to this thread, I will challenge you to prove that I am not, in fact being skeptical in a reasoned and logical manner.

Your argument that questioning the materials we have seen thus far in this particular story and hypothesizing other possibilities is the "standard conspiracy theory approach" is simply untrue. I said I questioned the veracity of the materials presented to me. More to the point, I question not the murder of Mr. Berg, only the identity of the murderers. This may have something to do with the fact that they were all masked. I don't think this is an unreasonable doubt, and I'll thank you not to throw me on the "Conspiracy theorist" heap just yet.

Perhaps you should read the "Skeptics Manifesto", as published by Skeptic Magazine. I ask you to note that at no point in said manifesto does it say that a skeptic may not put forth alternative hypothetical scenarios.

http://www.skeptic.com/archives06.html

11. Nick

Nick Member

One of the masked guys does kinda look like elvis in a way.

Nick

12. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

interesting what happens when people begin debating and new theories are processed.

I never noticed the orange jumpsuit really or made the connection.

I never thought about how Nick Berg(who did speak fluent arabic)seemed completely emtionless.he knew he was gonna die...so why didnt he struggle?

why werent his hands and legs flailing like a normal reaction to severe trauma as the knife slowly sawed his head off?even tied..your legs can still kick.

although....in the video...it appears that the other 4 men are holding him down..so that could explain the lack of motion.

I just never thought of the possibility that he was dead shortly before the beheading...but looking back...it could very well be a possibility.

and that's beyond fucked up.