Something cool... the 'peace' sign

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by NotALabel, May 8, 2004.

1. NotALabel

NotALabel Member

Today I was at the Mind Body Spirit event in Mansfield, and I noticed, on one of the stalls selling runestones, a very interesting rune. It was Algiz, the defence rune. Here it is:
    [​IMG]
    I never knew before, but this looks like the peace sign, just upside down and without a circle! D'you reckon thats one of the factors that led to the peace sign, its anti-defence?

Just something to ponder on...

2. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

while looking it up; i found some christian page saying how evil peace symbol is: you might want to see that; http://www.nisbett.com/symbols/peace_sign.htm
    I, personally, think it's stupid to seek evil in ANYthing. Don't kill me for that. There might be some link between those two things, who knows?

3. thepixies

thepixies Member

big whooptang what it meant before everyone knows and loves it for what it is now. poo wiff to you mr christian

4. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya i am christian and my religion says that it is evil because it looks liek a "broken cross" which is evil to us because god was cruicifide ont he cross which is the big things for christians but ya me personally dont have a problem with it i actually gave the peace sign to oen of my teachers and she though i flipped her off lol

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

hahaha the peace sign is meant to be hateful to the church? um ok. i actually cant even respond to this because it makes me laugh so much

6. dreamergirl

dreamergirl Member

wow... kinda sad that something that is supposed to be positive and stand for peace, is thought of by many as "evil"...

7. borut16

i have to agree unfortunatelly

8. Peace

borut how did you get a custom avatar. where is the link to upload it?

9. borut16

go on User CP and then select avatar. You can upload it or just give them a link. It works either way(however, it must be under 16kb and under 70 pixels width and height).
    EDIT: here's a link http://www.hipforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar

10. Peace

where exactly is the link to upload it? i dont see it on that link you gave me? sry to be a trouble:(

11. NotALabel

NotALabel Member

I think the option might only be available to HipForums Supporters (i.e. you have to donate).

12. borut16

seems like you've managed to do it! Now your turn; how did you get that 'in complete harmony' thing?
    EDIT: Never mind; i've figured it out

13. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

okay, I do not find that site credible, because a) there is no Hebre letter "van" and b) the "vulcan sign" is not satanist, it was used for the Cohen blessing (the blessing the ancient Jewish priests used)

14. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

I was with my friend today and she was talking about how some anti-American country back however long ago made up the peace sign in order to enrage our country. They thought it would cause an uproar because people here were anti-peace. I found this interesting but I don't know if I believe it.

15. i_need_a_miracle

i_need_a_miracle Cajun Cornbread Jigger

it is stupid to seek out the evils of something...everything has "evil" in it to some extent probably...so for the people who own nothing but a bible and rock back and forth churning their minds everynight trying to dissect everything to the last "evil" drop...a word of advice: "GET A LIFE!!!"

16. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've heard that the peace sign is supposedly a cross with broken "arms"....

17. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

18. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

That's kinda weird. I don't have a problem with the peace sign. Heck, I even wear a peace necklace everyday!
    [​IMG]