Someones a hater....

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by legal_rasta, Jan 18, 2009.

1. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

advaya, your subtlety is world class, you should start an assassin school or something.

2. Omnipotent

Omnipotent Member

lol that was my first reaction
    you guys gotta stop catching so many feelings
    just laugh it off and move on lol

3. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't understand exactly what you mean (though it is likely something I would take as a compliment, being weird and all). I wasn't being subtle about privilege or anything. That is just something I've taken workshops in and have a passion for. I just am saying I see a huge change in this forum. I've been here a long time, and realize that is natural for things to change. It's just sad to me to see what this forum has become, the negativity is weird.

The thing that confuses me the most is that so many people believe locks are a way of processing energy; they absorb it and transfer it. I don't know why we want to expose ourselves to this negativity.

4. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Furthermore, though not completely related, I think what we need to do instead of getting so hurt over a random internet post is to change perceptions of dreads. Instead of changing or evolving people's views of dreads, we are reinforcing stereotypes.

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i posted a really good (i think anyway) comment on there but it hasnt shown up yet...hopefully it will soon...

i like the you dont bathe cause theres no water in africa and jamaica part...jamaica is an island..surrounded by water with many rivers... and if theres no water theres no life..its so incredibly ignorant

6. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

ha i dont think it came up, but yeah i tried to write a response and i said the exact same thing. Jamaica is an island!!!