Some success seen in Iraq

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by wackyiraqi, May 3, 2007.

1. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

2. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

3. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Yup, yup, yup, killed a bunch of 'em, we did. Skeert 'em real good. We win.

4. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

5. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

6. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

7. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Have you thought about varying what you read ?.
    The link you gave was from people giving a negative spin - try people giving things a positive spin. Sure both are doing it for there own personal agendas - but hey at least you would be reading something positive. :)

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Hey Wacky... when did you become such a koolaid drinker?

Oh, geez. I guess that changes everything. LOL!!

9. gardener

Perhaps you'd like to give a link to some of those positives you are so sure of.

10. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I don't want you closing any of the sites down - i know what you lot are like :rolleyes:

11. gardener

I only ask because many of the hospitals and schools that we supposedly rebuilt have ended up as unusable. One hospital because supposedly the staff used too much water to clean the facility it was deemed unusable. In fact the contractors that built it who were paid with US funds built it substandard. They were promoted as successes, but in just a few short months of completion they can no longer be used.

12. guy

guy Senior Member

such statements of success are wishful thinking like an elephant defying gravity

13. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Success would be when people stop paying attention to the propaganda and lies they are fed and start using their own minds and eyes and ears. Oh, but then there would not BE an Iraq war......

14. mandell

mandell Banned

The Vietnam war claimed the lives of 58,000 U.S. combat personnel and the lives of between 2 and 5.7 million Vietnamese, a large majority of whom were civilians.

For those who sold the bullets, guns, napalm and defoliants to kill, bomb and burn the countryside, it sure was a success on the business side of things...

I see the same thing happening in this Iraq war. Just a lot of killing on both sides with nothing eventually resolved. :mad:

But a lot of money is being made tho'. Blood money.

15. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I know i read
    http://pcrproject.com/blog/2007/05/01/rick-barton-discusses-iraq-reconstruction/

I agree that a negative story is that some of the hospitals are not perfect infact many are a disgrace - The point of looking at POSITIVE stories - you say to yourself NOT all [you said MANY - that means NOT ALL ] the hospitals or schools are in a sorry mess. Even those designated as not upholding the same level as was promised or ''advertised'' - even those ones are not fundementaly BAD.

10. Al Musayib Maternity Hospital Partnering Agreement Reached -- Blackanthem Military News, AN NASIRIYAH, Iraq -- In an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust and cooperation, the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), the Provincial Reconstruction and Development Council (PRDC), and the Iraq Ministry of Health (MoH) signed a partnering agreement March 28 to build Al Musayib Maternity Hospital (MMH) in Iraq's Babil Province. http://www.blackanthem.com:80/News/...spital_Partnering_Agreement_Reached5473.shtml

6. - Iran's electricity export to Iraq is set to increase to 500 megawatts as a new power line comes on stream in Khosravi, Kermanshah Province. The 400-kilovolt transmission line, which will be 200 kilometers long, is scheduled to be put into operation through a 450 billion rial (roughly $48.64 million) investment, said Aziz Karimi, Managing Director of the West Regional Power Company. http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=8084&sectionid=351020103

To be fair just words at the moment.

http://iraqreconstructionnews.blogspot.com/2007/04/iraq-reconstruction-news-12-april-2007.html

I am not blind or ignorant to the negative reports - you wanted some positive news - i'm giving you some.

16. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, there's a lot of media bias. Today they're failing to show the good side of the tornadoes in Kansas.

With regards to Iraq, the worst blow to that country, most likely, is its educated class- anyone with enough money and brains is already out of the country and not looking back.

"...In an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust and cooperation, the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), the Provincial Reconstruction and Development Council (PRDC), and the Iraq Ministry of Health (MoH) signed a partnering agreement..."

Here in the US, if a corporate CEO issues a press release that says "this move will position us in the marketplace for enhanced growth," (or "substantial future upside potential," or "successfully execute on major current initiatives," or "lead further transformation across all our media," or just insert any other corporatespeak bullshit), he believes that saying so, of itself, makes it true. In this case, the paperwork Says So so therefore that paperwork, of itself, magically makes it happen. He imagines himself a visionary, who paints a poetic image and then through the mere force of his personality, it is sure to happen.

That sort of corporate manager mindset is playing itself out in politics now with this "CEO President" we have.

17. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I thought that thread you posted was funny -

I agree -
    That is your POV mine is : I hope they do - eventualy.

18. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

''To be fair just words at the moment.''

Who here will check back in 6 months to see if it has come to pass or is furrther down the line ? - my feelings - not many - but like you guys and gals i'm a cynic.

Lets write this down ''Al Musayib Maternity Hospital (MMH) in Iraq's Babil Province''
    I am. http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11076&Itemid=131&lang=english

19. gardener

This is something we don't hear about when Iran is painted as the new global boogeyman. Thanks for the link.

20. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

Sometimes to get answers you don't need to ask a questions.