Some one wrote DYKE on my locker

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Moro, May 22, 2004.

1. Moro

Moro Member

Urgh, people are so immature!!
    Seriously, I got to school yesterday, and across my locker, in vivid or white board marker or something, someone had written DYKE in big capital letters!
    I told my form teacher, who made me tell the deputy principal, but thereś really nothing they can do.
    ...I don't know what to think. I just shocked - I didnṫ think anyone at my school would do anything like that. I mean, I love my school, itś great, and I just don't get it.
    I guess Im angry about it... I dunno, I just still really shocked. Why would someone do that???
    The only good thing about it was that it came off pretty easily when I wiped it with wet tissue paper.
    Im kinda scared now...
    ~Moro

2. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Thats all that happened?

15 year olds are notorious for not just writing 'dyke' but assasinating a targeted students entire identity and reputation through months of vicious rumours.
    Having small crowds of students circle another and beat and humiliate them (now the new thing is taping it on Digi-cam)
    Girls will destroy other girls by not just 'dyke' rumours but spreading complex lies and tricking others to believe them.

If your over-weight then may God help you because they will often crush and bully and terrorise a fat kid in relentless never-ending cruelty.

Sometimes they kill other students - this has been an increasing problem.

Someone wrote Dyke on your locker?
    I wouldnt be scared at all... chances are good it was 'random' (I think every guy I knew got 'fag' written on something at some point in those years)
    Otherwise its a good chance its just one or two girls who are jealous of you.

The possible 'benefit' - because it said 'Dyke' you may possibly be in line fo r a lot of compensating status as a 'hate crime victim' or 'oppressed minority' status.
    Then its actually possible to have dozens of student and faculty actually rally behind you and give you a higher social status than anyone!

Be thankful if your not fat or ugly though...... there is no hope then.

3. Moro

Moro Member

4. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

I'm sorry that happened as it made you feel vulnerable and upset.

I actually would be vaguely amused and kind of enjoy it if someone were to write "dyke" on my locker, actually. I mean I'm sure I'd be outraged for 30 seconds but then I'd simply show my friends, they'd be pissed, the teachers would be furious, and yeah...as brock said, wham, you're oppressed.

True oppression results in no benefit for the oppressed minority, but if that were to happen to me, I'd be seen as a martyr. Only good would come of it as long as the writer wasn't some sort of violent nut.

But I don't know your school's environment, so it's hard to say. My only advice is to milk it for all it's worth - we've put up with too much serious shit in the past not to revel in the support we are blessed with now.

5. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

DYKE!
    sorry couldnt resist:p . fuck em though. when someon puts you down it means that they have a problem, not you. dont make thier problems your problems. this worlds tough enough with out piling more shit on yourself.

6. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Did you know that constitutes as a hate crime? You should report it and press charges. Joking or not, it's wrong.

7. Defence_mechanism

Defence_mechanism Member

i feel for you, man. it must've felt horrible.

what angered you most about it? was it because it was immature, homophobic and pathetic? or was it because you're not out yet?

because i think it would've been very difficult to see that written on your locker if you were still in the closet. but if you're out and you're just angry because you didnt realise that homophobia was still rife around your school, i'd say keep an eye out. if you know who it might've been, try and catch them out on something else that they do. the dickheads need to be caught.

otherwise, if you didnt rub it off, you should've put a little apostrophe over the 'e' and underneither written "Just be it". ;) nothing like a little exploitation of commercial sweatshops to go with your witty lesbianism :)

Dyké
    'Just be it'

8. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Im with Defense on this one,

Probably the worst thing you can do is become visibly upset because this is exactly what the idiot-sauvant graffiti artist was looking to test.

Honestly Im not dismissing your concerns - Im just saying that its not that bad, probably means nothing and at least it didnt say 'Fatty'.

Try to see the bright side of things dear!

9. WalrusKeeper

WalrusKeeper Member

I always feel like ol' Aotearoa is a wonderfully safe place for us, but young people are idiots - take it from one of 'em, I'm only 19, after all.
    I'll tell you one thing, you needn't worry, have you seen how badly Kiwis are beginning to react to homophobes?! Anyone says something about me these days and my mates will go psych!
    Meh, just lax out and let it pass, are you in the North or the South, it seems worse in the South (I just moved down here a year ago for Uni)...
    Oh well, peace, love and open doors!

Matty!

10. butterfly

butterfly Member

That's really awful :(

But y'know, someone sent me a really really bitchy text message the other week, and at first I was shocked, then I kinda laughed because what that person thinks of me means nothing at all, I've got my friends and I know they love me. I thought of all the things I could do back to this person, but then I just thought fuck it, I'm not going to sink to whatever pathetic level they're on. So I just ignored it, and ignored her. Turned the other cheek if you will.
    Don't show them it affected you, because all they're trying to get out of you is some kind of a reaction, it'll piss them off so much if they think you didn't even notice it, or if you did that it didn't even matter, and it'll make THEM insecure :)

11. butterfly

butterfly Member

or if they do it again write "and proud" underneath

12. Moro

Moro Member

otherwise, if you didnt rub it off, you should've put a little apostrophe over the 'e' and underneither written "Just be it". [​IMG] nothing like a little exploitation of commercial sweatshops to go with your witty lesbianism [​IMG]

Dyké
    'Just be it'
    lol, thanks, that really made me laugh.

Yeah, I live in the South Island. This is probably the first real homophobia I've experienced (except for this girl on the bus, but she's stopped now. go figure)

Thanks for being so supportive everyone. I was just so shocked and I didn't have anyone else to talk to about it.

Thanks everyone! I feel a lot better now!

~Moro

13. Defence_mechanism

Defence_mechanism Member

glad you're feelin better. anything else we can help you with while we're here? :D

14. serra

serra tentacle girl

that's really fucking rude and juvenille!

you know what i would do if i were you? i have this hot pink sparkley nail polish from when i was 12 or so, i would take it and go over the writing in hot pink sparkles and add stars and lightning bolts and things.