Some Interesting Study Tips

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Motion, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Eric! likes this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if people just paid attention during class and did the assigned work, studying would be almost completely unnecessary.

3. Jackoutt

Jackoutt Banned

You must work hard, but not sit like a zombie))

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I take fewer classes. It takes longer to get a degree, but you enjoy it more. That said, I already got my degree, so easy for me to say. :)

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Many people today simply do not realize that college provides you with the tools and they are no good if you don't know how to use them. Remembering the underlying principals is the most important thing and they can be applied and developed to use in the work environment.
    I learned how to build a coffee table at college and used the principals and design criteria during the 6 years that I spent designing an award winning London theater. I also spent 17 years designing an electrode heating system for a 600 seat auditorium that had no access to boiler flues. Although it is the only system of its type in the world, component by component, their was nothing that I did not learn at school.
    On the other hand, I met the technical director of a large PLC recently who asked me how to wire the plug on his wife's hairdryer. I had to hide my laughter.

My version of a coffee table. :yum::yum::yum:
    images38RI8Y9L.jpg

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Oh yea.. and try typing your notes on a laptop. Typing makes for much faster note taking! If you don't know how to type, learn immediately! It's practically necessary to get through college, not to mention getting a job. WPM on your application means "words per minute". That indicates they want to know how fast you can type. Mine is ridiculously low, but I can manage reports and stuff much better knowing that I can type! :)

7. PaulReidGkG

PaulReidGkG Members

haha, pretty nice idea, I have never thought about that before