Some Bomb Test Madness

Discussion in 'History' started by Mallyboppa, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Why were the people never Given a Vote on these tests ? Is it really OK for governments to blow shit up just like that
    http://youtu.be/b5XTFd495aE

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I agree.For some amusement you should look up "How I Learned to Love The Bomb" by The Television Personalities on YouTube.I can't post it from my tablet.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sure! But only when it's on the other side of the world :p

4. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

In ten years of my asking not a single person have ever been able to tell me the simple distinction between a lynch mob and a democracy. You might as well be asking if its OK for a mindless mob to do whatever the hell they want. Dr Strangelove was not an exaggeration.

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

There are thousands of things that should be voted on. And the only response I hear is "you vote for the people to make those decisions"

We don't even need most of those people, we could just vote for everything ourselves and we wouldn't even have to worry about filibusters and such childish nonsense.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Wu. Not everyone knows everything.
    For example I ran into someone that didn't know the difference between the sun and the moon. Did I go online and tell people in every other post?
    No I told them the difference and then they knew.

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

because it is pretty hard to have a "secret" nuke program if you have a vote for every "secret" test. ;)

8. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Perhaps but who would give the go ahead for a secret nuke program given the choice ?
    Not me , not on my Shift ,not in my backyard !!

And what about the Nukes Accidentally dropped on north carolina that would have been a nice secret test for a few people don't you think

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

According to forty years of surveys by the National Science Foundation, one in five Americans insists the sun revolves around the earth. Lack of knowledge alone is not the real issue when we have just elected a president who contradicts every word that comes out of his own mouth. It is the mindless mob relying upon memory centric Three Stooges logic and, likewise, in forty years of research the only reliable criteria ever discovered for predicting anyone's career potential is the amount of working memory they possess. They are behaving like cattle merely following the food around, complaining about the service, and letting whoever is strongest lead them right over the cliff.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I can swear you said you were from an Asian country.

1 person likes this.
  11. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I was born in Charleston, SC and my parents were from Saint Louis. However, I was brain damaged at three years old, abused for ten years, and now think unlike anyone else I know which is why I write what is called, "The Book That Can Never Be Written".

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

unforgiveable.....the stupidity of mankind....There was a documentary about Area 51 I watched recently...and the nuclear testing they do there is unnforgiveable, too...People did get sick and die because of it there....and that was kept a secret for as long as they could.

I wonder when mankind as a whole is going to wake up.

maybe never...:(

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The atmospheric tests provided insight into the phenomenon of EMP and created the Neutron Bomb which is nothing more than a nuclear weapon exploded in the atmosphere
    which bathes the target in a shower of neutron radiation, killing everyone, but causing only minor damage to the city or military target below

Hotwater

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is certainly true now.

i would much rather vote on issues, even with all the lawyers trying to obscure which vote means what,
    i can wade my way through that just as well as anyone we get a chance to elect,

then for personalities, about whom we never know enough that is pertinent to make really reliable decisions.

of course none of today's major powers had today's technologies when they were fraiming their constitutions.

after the ecopocalypse, it might be hundreds of years before we again have the populations for the scale of nations that exist today.
    or for the extraction of oil or coal, or for a space program.

(the meek who inherit the earth, will be neither christian, nor entirely human, though genetically mostly human descendents)

15. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

A neutron bomb is a smaller explosion to begin with and is specially designed to produce only ionizing radiation that is deadly to life, but leaves the target area safe to enter within days. They are banned as making nuclear war all to easy to contemplate because a single bomb can kill entire armies or population centers and an invading army can move in without any opposition within days if they can stand the smell of all the dead bodies. Perhaps three neutron bombs might be needed to kill all seven million people in NYC who die puking up their guts, their hair falling out, and boils erupting all over their bodies.