Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Pete's Draggin', May 27, 2018.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you actually read the credits?

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Isn't that the best reward, especially after finishing a great video game :D

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

ugh, video game credits are the worst. especially when you aren't allowed to skip them. i don't have a damn hour to sit through all that.

McFuddy likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Finally got around to watching this movie.

It looked amazing, sets and CGI especially were top notch, the most convincing CGI movie so far, and not just within Star Wars.

But......

As far as story goes, Meh, didnt actually feel very Star Wars-ish, was just a heist movie really, or a buddy action movie. Didnt even really need to be about Han and Chewy and I would have felt the same. I actually liked Woody Harrelson the most in this one.

And again, as far as Star Wars goes, this movie didnt really have anything to do with anything. We got to see how Han won the Falcon in a card game and thats about it, whoop ti doo

It was ok, but it could have been Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in space and I would have liked it more.

I think Rogue One was better

hotwater likes this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I never saw it at the theatre. I had mixed emotions about it, but I'll take your word that it was good, Pete. Should be out on DVD soon.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I sat through the credits once in the movies for Mission Impossible 2, just to hear the new Metallica release lol.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wow, this Don Glover / Childish Gambino dude has had quite a life. He was born at Edwards Airforce Base, was a writer for 30 Rock at one stage, Emmys for another show, that massive hit song he had this year, now a movie star

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree he has a great future ahead of him

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They do have a point Solo was the blandest character in a movie called Solo

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Could mean the other characters are just real groovy ;)
    I mean didn't bother me. Young Solo was portrayed fine. Ford groupies cannot be pleased here any way i guess.

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Ford Boi's

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

thinking of buying it this weekend

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yeah.

It's out, but I am watching "Wonder Woman" tonight. Might need to go pick it up, but I can't bear to part with $30 or whatever it costs on DVD. :weary: I should wait until the library has it for me. The problem with that is it never makes it out to the shelves where I can get it. I have to ask them to get it from the back. At least it doesn't cost $30...

EDIT: I'm wrong. Target has the dvd for 19.99, not 29.99... a more reasonable price to be sure. But "Wonder Woman" will do for now.

15. Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell Members

Fall asleep while watching it!

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

probably said I had to pay for it twice because the SD wasnt that great, grainy and dark.. Think I complained and wasnt charged watched in HD all day because its a long movie and I liked it more than most the past recent ones.