Sold out on Etsy and unmotivated ):

Discussion in 'Show it, Sell it, Swap it' started by Bella Désordre, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

How do you get your motivation to make more products? I feel burnt. I wanna take a break but am afraid people will forget about my store.
    Any advice for finding more motivation? What gets your creative juices flowing?

2. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

let me clarify, I meant sold out on my best sellers. I still have a whopping 5 items in my shop ;)

3. chemigals

chemigals They call me Chemi

Hello, I always find that getting some new materials helps,for instance I make crocheted things and when Im having a lull Ill go out and buy some pretty yarn or something.Sometimes I take time out for a couple of weeks, but I also think that it does you good to have a rest.Thats when I always come up with new ideas and stuff cuz I just end up messing about with stuff I got.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

EAt a magic mushroom.

5. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Thanks Chica, new materials motivate me too, but my fabric obsession has turned into hoarding lol.
    lol at Orisno. I got some awesome pot and listed a few more items this weekend. Coincidence? I think not.

6. knitphomaniac

knitphomaniac Banned

For me, a couple of things factor into it: firstly, it's just finding some new materials to work with. But secondly it's a matter of mixing it up as well. In my etsy store, I've a few different things that I sell, and in turn a few different things that I make, therefore working with a few different mediums. I'm not just knitting or crocheting, but doing beadwork and selling patterns as well. That way I can spend one week working with yarn, the next with beads, the third week with something else... being able to mix up my routine occasionally helps me stay creative.

7. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

It happened again...3 sales all in a few hours...
    Apparently Mondays are busy shopping days for Etsy?
    worst part, my camera won't upload pics in my comp. I think the extra USB plugger inner thing came unplugged, but my husband has so many wires on this comp. I don't wanna mess with it.
    I guess I can't list anymore items until he gets home.