Soda?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by wiufcaoltp, May 28, 2004.

1. wiufcaoltp

wiufcaoltp Welcome To The Interzone

Hmmmm.

How many of you drink soda? How many of you think it's unhealthy and disgusting?

Me, I don´t drink as much as some people. The only soda I drink alot of is coke, and when I don´t have coke I have coffee because of my caffeine "addiction". I put it in quotes because I hardly need it to survive or to get by, but I've been used to it for such a long time that I don´t have the motivation to stop. I know this is pretty horrible. What's worse is that I almost always have a cigarette with coke, a habit I picked up from Penny's sister, Marie. I'm trying to stop both, because I know coke or any soda can rot your insides to a degree and prolonged indulgence of caffeine can cause heart problems apparently. Plus it's fattening, but about that I don´t much care. I don´t eat very much, and what I do eat is usually healthy.

I rarely have more than a couple glasses a day, though. If I have more than that I start feeling impure (more in my mind than body). I mean, I imagaine myself being dirty inside, I don´t physically feel it or anything. Oh, and I don´t ever drink soda with meals, except at a restaurant sometimes. I drink water when I eat. I do plan to stop soon, however. Maybe I'll go on the internet and look for scientific facts about how coke is bad for you, and read these things until I'm traumatized.

What about all of you?

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i drink soda almsot constantly, i know its bad for me but thats wat we have in the fridge, its not un common for me to drink 6 cans of soda a day if not more

3. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I rarely drink carbonated drinks.

4. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i dont drink pop really, actually not at all. ill randomly have a coke but that barely happens. i stick with iced tea, its my fav.

5. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Alex, ice tea is my favorite!!! Let's hang out and bond!!!!!

6. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Actually, I drink soda relatively often. I think (for whatever reason) the coffee gives me an energy boost. Whether it actually does, I don't know.

7. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I used to be a soda junky - now its the occainal sprite or mt dew.

Ice T isn't my thing, so sorry Marc I guess we can't bond

8. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

My pregnancies took soda away. First soda, then koolaid, then punches. All I have left is orange juice and lemonade. My ex says that I will turn into an orange one day.

9. joe

joe Banned

rUM

HEHHE 10 LETTER RULE MY ASS!

10. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

I used to drink a lot of soda, but now I've tried to cut down because I hate how yucky it makes me feel.

Ever since, I have become a huge water and iced tea fanatic! Mmm. :)

11. dhs

dhs Senior Member

hegh? elaborate

12. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I think it is unhealthy and disgusting. Every once in a long while I will have a Hansen's Soda, but I usually detest all sodas.

13. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i dont drink it as much as i used to.

now its like an occasion, if im with a friend or something.

14. hiro

hiro pursue it

I didn't drink alot of pop for a while and then I did and now I am going back to drinking it not as often.

15. dhs

dhs Senior Member

peer pressure is a bitch eh?

16. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Soda for me is like cocaine: When it's not around, I don't even think about it, but when it's there, I'm all over it and I can't stop until it's all gone... then I'm okay again.

Like, my mom never buys cokes, but she bought a 12 pack yesterday and I've already had like 5.... :) And I haven't had one in forever. It's crazy. My teeth hurt. But it's so good... :D

17. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I hardly ever drink soda, I like ice tea though. I mainly drink water...gotta keep hydrated ya know!

18. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I have a root beer obsession... I can't go more than two days without it. It's really a pitiful thing. But it's so damn good.... :)

I don't need help! I'm in control!

19. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

It's Pop damnit, not Soda. Anyhow, I prefer Sprite, Mt. Dew, and Livewire. :)

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't think pop is unhealthy unless you drink it all the time. It is loaded with sugar, but a little bit won't hurt. I like drinking pop from time to time. I really like Jones Soda. I can't say I am a big soda drinker, though.

I think I'd rather drink tea or lemonade, or juice.