Social Media and the 'Narcissus Trap'

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Joshua Tree, Jan 10, 2018.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

ok gorilla, chill

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Don't worry about his last reply. He does not seem to want to talk to me either. Perhaps it is because I took the time to explain cancer treatment to him and disagree that doctors study for 7 years and work long hours purely to fulfill a twisted ambition to become murderers.
    Perhaps we should start a thread on the fine line between being articulate and becoming a troll.

Meliai and GLENGLEN like this.
  3. David0301

David0301 Members

no bro, i do wanna talk to you, read my previous post, wilsjane, i wrote back

4. David0301

David0301 Members

i agree, i recently signed on facebook though, but not to show the world pictures of my teeth but with my business profile, it is a good means to stay in touch with your clients and also to advertise,

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

gorchilla

6. David0301

David0301 Members

i did not know that you were addressing me, maybe write my name david0301 , or quote my message so i know

7. wilsjane

You seem to have missed my posts explaining cancer treatment, but prefer to concentrate on a picture which was taken more than 20 years ago. As most members already know, it is something of a contrast to my character and was adopted as our avatar by Jane who posted it as a bit of a joke.

8. David0301

David0301 Members

i see, thanks for explaining, if the picture was taken 20 years ago then the leather pants needs an update, put a recent photo of it , i wanna know how it looks like now :tonguewink: just kidding...back to your post: ok, i will look for your cancer treatment post sorry i did not know it was meant for me, as said maybe call my name or quote me

9. Kerri

Kerri Members

Definitely not worried , just a couple eye rolls :)

Good idea for a thread though!

10. wilsjane

I do not think that you are a nasty person and I am not intentionally 'in your face' as you put it.
    I just think that you should stop and think a bit more before posting and treat us as associates, rather than acting as if you are at a party that you are about to get kicked out from.
    If you wonder why I reacted to your ridiculous comments on cancer, I have medical qualifications and have spent hundreds of hours over the last 40 years with a girl I went to college with (now retired} who has dedicated her entire life to cancer research. Our conversations were about helping and discussing the origins and reasons that cells become malignant and their relationship with benign growths. Before you ask, I have never jumped into bed with her. LOL.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I think you should let Jane post more.

12. wilsjane

Would be fun, but we would need t add our name to every comment. She does not suffer fools gladly, so I would be slightly worried that she may get our account banned. However she does not resort to personal insults or foul language, so we may be OK. At the moment, due to government austerity she is often in her office until 8pm, so it may be a while before (as she would put it) she has time to waste on the internet. LOL

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I think you should get back to work too. I'm the professional time-waster around here...

14. wilsjane

I can work while this site is running in the background. I just post a few comments and replies while I am having a cup of tea (I drink a lot of tea) and waiting for inspiration.
    You would have laughed at a comment that Jane made to one of her friends a few weeks ago. "Yes, I have a Facebook page and regularly check it a couple of times a year". LOL

15. David0301

David0301 Members

lol i dont want to know if you jumped into bed with her.
    yes, no doubt you know a lot , i even wondered when having read your comment, but please lets stay grounded, dont call somebody "ridiculous" just because hes view is different, you called my opinion "ridiculous" and this is not nice mr leather pants

"acting as if i am at a party that I am about to get kicked out from" you really think i act so? well... maybe thats because.... i am... a homo-path rather than an alo-path. You know the endless discussions that have been going on for 100 years now about homeopathie vs allopathie. It has nothing to do that I dont like you or her , or gorilla, or that bikini-girl, its just that... my view is different. So please dont spit at me , just my view is different. Btw I replied to your comment in the other chat-room

16. wilsjane

I only called you view ridiculous when you suggested that a REGULAR doctor was involved in a murder conspiracy. I have no doubt that governments are quit capable of getting rid of someone if they want to.
    My light hearted comment about not jumping into bed was simply because the internet seems to find a sexual hidden meaning in almost everything posted. Many people would find it hard to believe that I would sit up all night with an attractive girl discussing medical research, but that is me.

David0301 likes this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Anyways

Apparently being addicted to likes and such on social media is a thing but I dont get it. I rarely post anything on facebook because it makes me feel uncomfortable to know people are viewing it and giving it likes.

I mostly use facebook to scroll through and make fun of all the narcissistic people

David0301 likes this.
  18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Um...your avatar is a selfie. Are you really practicing what you're preaching here, homeboy?

Tyrsonswood, Orison and Meliai like this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Buurrnn

20. David0301

David0301 Members

yes my homegirl i do practise what i preach, i did it because i noticed people take you more serious when you have a profile photo, secondly im not bragging here , did not upload any more photos, allthough.... i could upload some nice ones to brag heheh :tongueout: but thats not the issue here, btw why do you conceal in your profile where you live? i am not scared to reveal, i live in tenerife so what, will anyone come over here to see me ? lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018