Social media addiction

Discussion in 'The Media' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Perfect example. Girl you had two kids and they're not even 3, this doesn't apply to you, yet.

And what about the one who has twins? I message and say congratulations on having two babies to the same father and I got unfriended? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

FB_IMG_1532507083067.jpg

2. ShonaMaree

ShonaMaree Member

I use Facebook sparingly, mainly to run a couple of pages. Rather than unfriending people I unfollow them if they are clogging my feed with content I don't want to see. I can still check in on them if needed or god forbid I can arrange an actual face to face catch up!
    Social media is certainly addicitve, I try to limit my time on it or I get nothing else done! Switching off for a couple of days is hard but worth it.

bluewatersurfer likes this.
  3. ShonaMaree

ShonaMaree Member

Awesome alright, can get lost in it for hours!

bluewatersurfer likes this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice I Am Only An Egg Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

Y'all heard of 'Snapchat Dysmorphia'? Apparently people are seeking out plastic surgeons to make their faces look more like Snapchat versions of themselves. I'd say it's a bunch of shit but professions say it's a form of Body Dysmorphic Disorder which is real enough, I guess.

I hope my niece, currently 15, can escape all this trendy, stupid bullshit long enough to make it to adulthood. She was teased about her weight online once, which is ridiculous. She is in no way overweight. But I guess teen girls take that kind of talk seriously and it really bothered her. I'm so glad I grew up in the '80s.

What Is Snapchat Dysmorphia? The Troubling New Plastic Surgery Trend

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

so they have the surgeons give them dog ears?

McFuddy and Irminsul like this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol and a big red clown nose. :p