Social media addiction

Discussion in 'The Media' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider You Can Still Call Me Neo

Does Pinterest count as social media? Because that is some awesomeness.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

that's because there's still 10 times the number of people over the age of 30.

3. If i was a kid, i'd go for snapchat, but over the age of about 13, think it was lame and for kids, lame video chat with bunny noses and ears

4. Ged

Ged Nuclear Frisson HipForums Supporter

Hip Forums. You do the hippity hop and you don't stop. If you say things people like you get these little red squares telling you you've said something people like. Especially popular here is the All American love-in game. You must be wise or you could find yourself among a sea of smiling faces it's a way I've never felt.

5. Ged

Ged Nuclear Frisson HipForums Supporter

A sea of smiling faeces lol

Excuse me

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam Senior Member

Instagram added a "stories" mode which provides a lot of filters and what not to make it have features like Snapchat.

7. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I can see the addiction. You can easily establish a certain identity or status in comparison to offline and get hooked on that. Constantly feeling the need to maintain that. You can easily express yourself and say things online that you wouldn't dare say offline. Easy to get addicted to the attention we receive or the image we create.

8. Jude96

Jude96 Member

I think I’m in the minority for social media use... I have never used Facebook or Instagram... I very briefly had a MySpace when it came out haha but I never got into it at all... I recently got SnapChat and have about 5 contacts in it because I think it’s funny sometimes to send those silly photos... when I joined this forum it was probably the most “social media exposure” I’ve had in awhile...

Even photos in general... I like taking pictures for savoring the memory but when I’m traveling or hiking or camping, etc. I prefer to mostly live in the moment rather than snap 100 pics of the scenery... a couple here and there I do take but then I put the camera/phone away and just enjoy

9. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

If social media was liquid, I'd be mainlining it. Since it's a powder, I just snort long lines of it.