Social media addiction

Discussion in 'The Media' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Does Pinterest count as social media? Because that is some awesomeness.

Hipz3y and ShonaMaree like this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's because there's still 10 times the number of people over the age of 30.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If i was a kid, i'd go for snapchat, but over the age of about 13, think it was lame and for kids, lame video chat with bunny noses and ears

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Hip Forums. You do the hippity hop and you don't stop. If you say things people like you get these little red squares telling you you've said something people like. Especially popular here is the All American love-in game. You must be wise or you could find yourself among a sea of smiling faces it's a way I've never felt.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

A sea of smiling faeces lol

Excuse me

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Instagram added a "stories" mode which provides a lot of filters and what not to make it have features like Snapchat.

8. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I can see the addiction. You can easily establish a certain identity or status in comparison to offline and get hooked on that. Constantly feeling the need to maintain that. You can easily express yourself and say things online that you wouldn't dare say offline. Easy to get addicted to the attention we receive or the image we create.

9. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I think I’m in the minority for social media use... I have never used Facebook or Instagram... I very briefly had a MySpace when it came out haha but I never got into it at all... I recently got SnapChat and have about 5 contacts in it because I think it’s funny sometimes to send those silly photos... when I joined this forum it was probably the most “social media exposure” I’ve had in awhile...

Even photos in general... I like taking pictures for savoring the memory but when I’m traveling or hiking or camping, etc. I prefer to mostly live in the moment rather than snap 100 pics of the scenery... a couple here and there I do take but then I put the camera/phone away and just enjoy

10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

If social media was liquid, I'd be mainlining it. Since it's a powder, I just snort long lines of it.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i know this is just spam anyway, but still, don't you get banned for posting nudes on instagram?

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Instagram is my favorite social media, I suppose. I use facebook and snap sparingly.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I realized today I should just delete my facebook. I kept it around to keep up with local bands and to know when/where they were playing. But my transformation into a tea drinking, in bed by 10 pm, introverted old lady is complete. I dont remember the last time I went to a show and dont really have a reason for facebook anymore.

No one posts anything interesting anymore anyways. Its just politics and babies/pets.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I need Facebook for all my pool. But it still annoys me,Ike actually I don't want to know the latest nascar results so I haven't even looked at my newsfeed but yes it's all politics. I hate politics. I hate it even more when people I know have nothing to do with the politics they're whinging about, yet they whinge. I just shake my head I don't get it, guess I never will.

But I need it for pool as erryone uses it for matches and results etc. I also need it for iRacing as our leagues main front page is on Facebook. We have over 400 followers. :)

I spend more time on Facebook messenger than Facebook atm. I've found some fun as people I've never met but we are in a group and it's pretty chill.

My newsfeed is literally:
    Nascar x5 of the same article written differently over 5x pages.
    Denver Broncos x2
    Someone political rant
    Another rant followed by "if you don't agree unfriend me now" - I never agree but I don't unfriend them.
    Pool
    Pool
    Nascar
    Nascar
    Broncos
    Pool
    Sexy pic
    Sexy pic
    Meme
    Meme
    Nascar meme
    Sexy pic
    Some random fact I don't believe
    Another random fact I don't believe
    Food idea
    Sexy pic
    And a shit ton of fantasy Viking art, and a shit ton of Thor pictures that all say the same saying lol. I got one guy in America he posts all that every 5mins.id unfollow him, but he talks to me a lot. I think he likes me.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm also at the age where a lot of my friends are having kids so, expert parental knowledge experts. :p

And those dumb memes with names but my name is never on them lol.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

shit, i don't get any sexy pics on my newsfeed. i have one friend who is really into fat women twerking, so those videos pop up a lot. but that's it as far as sex, and those really aren't anything to look at either.

i really only have facebook for work, i need it to manage our facebook page. it's especially been ruined lately; i've taken on a role where i'm kind of locally important (it's a shitty small town, so it's really nothing to brag about) so i've been flooded with friend requests from the local trump fans who are generally just important enough that i don't want to offend them by denying their requests.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Whips, chains and ductape used to be good eye candy but they rarely post anymore. The "girls" were fun to talk too as well.

I'm also apart of some fetish pages so they post eye candy too at times, and then, well all my friends are pervs so I get their stuff too. Lol.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh yeah, the "if you are one of these names you'll be pregnant in 2018" or something

My name is on just about every single one lol

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you never see those with men's names (not just the pregnancy one, but any of the list-of-names memes).

it's because men are still too busy posting memes comparing lebron's stats to every other popular basketball player ever.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've never seen my name on one, not even crazy bitches one. :p so they're totally made up and not legit lol.