Soccer Players = PUSSIES

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by SirTokesAlot, Jun 24, 2006.

1. boothy

boothy Senior Member

not gonna bother argue? why start the thread then? did you think everyone would agree or something?

2. KParker730

KParker730 Member

actually soccer is really popular among american kids. most of them stop playing by their teens though because they think its not manly enough or watever shit they think

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

wait wait wait...

are you serious? football and soccer are two different games, which require different types of skill and conditioning. both, when played at high levels have some of the most skilled and conditioned people in the world. its comparing apples to oranges here. you can't compare the conditioning of a soccer player to the conditioning of a football player - because they're not playing the same sport, they train specifics for their sport.

even in football, you can't compare everyone and you can't hold everyone up to a set standard of "in shape" - you have lineman who can't compare to a WR or SS or DB because they can't match there speed. but take the strength of the lineman and he more explosive strength than a WR will. apples and oranges again. they play different positions, each having different skills, each needing different aspects of conditioning and strength.

"american football players, who just have to eat a shitload of food to be good!" oh wow, that has to be the most ignorant statement i have ever read. just sad is what it is...shit, i'd say lineman are the most importan segment of a footall team. O.lineman allow plays to be run and completed, without them you can't run the ball, and you will have little time to complete a pass. D.lineman disrupt the offense, they stop the runs, they hit the QB, make way for the LB's and others to blitz. the line is where a football game is won. so yea, just give these players tons of food to eat and they'll be great [​IMG]

4. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Of course I didnt think everyone was gonna agree... but these posts are just not worth my time responding to. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this whole thing was turned around on me for whatever reason. I put what I think out in the open, then all the sudden I become this 'jealous chubby mr. unlit joint in mouth unactive ignorant 15yr old'. Peace

5. boothy

boothy Senior Member

yeah but you know what europe and soccer is like... it's amazingly passionate... going to every game of your team without fail, people in tears over a bad result... it has its good points, being so involved with the game, but of course, it has its horrible points, riots n shit.

6. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

I see pretty much everyone's opinion............i have played soccer for 11 years and ran track for 8 years. Just like fitzy21 said, "require different types of skill and conditioning." For soccer we do drills and short distance sprints and ball control type things. For track i do long distance so for practice we just run our asses off for about 1 and a half to 2 hours then come in and do about 30 min of leg press. Just depends on the sport how you train. Although doing track helps out with soccer like you wouldn't believe! But yea I don't dissagree with anyone because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

7. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I'm not really a fan of soccer, and I'd have to say back in school most of the people on the soccer team I hated, but christ have you even ever played soccer? It's a painful sport. I played it for 6 years even though I never really liked it, and let me tell you, shin guards do shit.

BTW, football(our american version) is a pretty pansys sport compared to rugby.

8. dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater Member

i've played soccer, football, baseball, basketball, and ran short track and of all of them, soccer took the most stamina, agility, leg strength, hand/eye coordination, and smarts to play.
    You say you play hockey? I have yet to see one hockey game where a player does not embellish a foul. It happens in all sports.

9. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Amen... rugby is as tough as American Football.... without the pathetic padding all around you! So.. much more tough basically... half the american football players would shit themselves on a rugby field without the pathetic guards around their faces, of any of their padding.

And we don't stop the game every 10 seconds either...

10. KParker730

KParker730 Member

yeah it kinda sucks that most americans kind of stop playing/paying attention to soccer at an early age. i have to watch some world cup matches on the fuckin spanish channel! haha oh well its a cultural experience, listening to spanish for a few hours every day.
    Oh and Fitzy21, i wasnt comparing american football and soccer like they are the same game. you have to admit though, no one could be a good soccer player if they were 300+ pounds! in high school football, kids do eat a lot more than they should so that they can weigh more, so that they can be better at football. that is shit and im sure is part of the reason everyone in america is fat. people see their "athletes" in football, wrestling etc. and they are overweight, and so they think they can! do a real sport people... like long distance running! that will put you in real shape

11. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Wow.. you really dont know what your talking about. Not all football players are overweight. Despite what you may think.. they go thru a lot of conditioning, training, etc. Different sports call for different body types, thats what seperates them all. Sure, go run 500miles, but I think I'd rather watch 2 teams of big ass neanderthals battle it out for a couple hours and see some good plays.

12. KParker730

KParker730 Member

i didnt say all football players are fat. i know that they arent all overweight, i am just saying i dont think its as difficult of a sport as soccer is.

13. Yoseff

Yoseff Music Addict

And I'd rather watch two athletic teams compete in a sport so competitive that they often end in draws.

it's all down to opinion, in my opinion. honestly, I'd rather watch a game of soccer than anything else. But like I said, 'tis merely my opinion. No need to go jumping down each other's throats about the issue.

Back to the first post, if i'm properly remembering it, the drawing of the foul or being a pussy or whatever you wanna call it takes skill. If the players don't do it right, or over do it, or whatever, the ref wil catch on and he will call the acting player on it. I see absolutley nothing wrong with it. If it'll lead to your team getting an advantage, then more power to you. In my mind, it's the same thing as a trick play in american football. Aything to give you the advantage...

14. WishIWasAHippie

WishIWasAHippie Senior Member

Yeah, embellishing doesn't happen in ultimate frisbee ;)

...then again, there's no refs even in big tournaments (at least there's not supposed to be according to the rules...)

Oh, and fuck you if you think Soccer is for pussies :)

15. The_Javican

The_Javican Member

hahaha, what's your deal g.i. joe. plus, have you seen those guys kick each other? they could practically kick your head off

16. gratefuldeadhippy

gratefuldeadhippy Member

wow somebody attacks the sport you enjoy and all the sudden your Mr.Understanding eh?

well look just because soccer players need to be slimmer quicker and lighter on thier feet doesn't make them pansys. it makes them contidioned to thier sport.haveing the ability to experiance pain dosent make someone a pussy. i've seen soccer players take hard fucking hits to the guts and face and keep playin'.

second embellishing happens in EVERY sport in basketball i see the spurs Manu Ginobili go straite to the floor to try and draw fouls. it's a tactic used.to force his defender to back up. he's been called on it many times.

i bet if you every had to fight on of these "PUSSIES" you shit your pants

17. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I prefer pro wrestling.
    :)

18. The_Javican

The_Javican Member

yeah man, my buddy lane plays soccer, he's a BEAST. it's not like he's huge, soccor just gives you mad muscles :H

19. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I dunno...I played hockey, and I had a best friend through high school who played soccer.
    He was probably a bit quicker in a sprint, but muslce-wise? He looked like a string bean until he gave up on it.
    It's more of a sport than say...nascar or golf...and it's cool for pick-up games in a friend's backyard when you're 10...but I still gotta say that "Soccer Faeries" is a pretty accurate term.

20. gratefuldeadhippy

gratefuldeadhippy Member

How so?

just because someone chooses to train for speed and quickness instead of strength and muscle mass doesn't make them a pansy. does that mean everyone who doesnt train for big arms is a little girl. or is this more faux macho hockey BS.

look soccer requires lean dense muscle mass trained by low weight with high rep. to have BIG musical you need high weight low rep. the higher weaight causes more riny ripps in the muscle tissue. that when healed causes muscles to bulk up and look much bigger.

but it doesn't make you proportionally stronger. so just because he looks slim doesn't make him weak.