Soccer Players = PUSSIES

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by SirTokesAlot, Jun 24, 2006.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

yea, i do think its fine, i've been thrown out of games because of people going to the ground "like a little pansy"...it's employed in most every team sport there is, or atleast different variations of it. it happens in football, basketball, baseball, hockey, hurling, cricket, rugby,

a foul is a foul, but if your smart enough, you can make that foul into something bigger which helps your team out.

of course skill is important, i never said it wasn't. but it is a skill to fool the ref. not everyone can do it, but it is a skill employed in almost every sport there is. it takes tremendous skill to play a professional sport. tons of hard work, practice, conditioning, game prep...so taking advantage of a foul is fair game in any sport. it doesn't make them a pussy, a pansy...it makes them a smart player.

sure, some players try to do it too often, the refs pay attention and catch on more now. they won't get the call. but a well played act on a foul can be the difference in winning or losing for your country...

2. fitzy21

no, nothing wrong with it. but he's calling them pussies and theres no basis for it.

taking advantage of a foul is a smart play, its good strategy when you actually UNDERSTAND what they are doing.

3. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

like i said before... thats bullshit and a pussy way to play a sport. And Ive seen it in one game of soccer more than I have ever seen it in any other sport. "Fooling the ref is a skill"... haha anyone can go down and cry about it.. Its certanly nothing to be proud of. And if thats the only way you can win is by pointing fingers because you fell after someone tapped you - then yes, you have been labled a pussy

4. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Yeah but did you notice how their not wearing any body protection or padding at all.

5. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

lol sirtokesalot do i sense jealousy? is your chubby ass dissapointed that you didn't make the soccer team? and what's with that posed ass picture in your profile? couldn't light up that doobie because mommy and daddy were home, but still wanted to feel badass? lol...

on topic though...i played football (american) for five years, and had to give it up because of injuries, but in hgih school there is always that rivalry between the soccer and football teams and it doesnt make sense to me. yes football is rougher, yes you have to be able to take a hit that many people can't, but soccer requires a lot of agility and muscle control that football doesn't....there differnt games it's a stupid comparison...

and yea i don't really agree with dramatizing an injury to sway a call, but hey sometimes that's what you have to do...

6. gratefuldeadhippy

gratefuldeadhippy Member

i second that.

so what does that make basketball players? ultra-pussys
    if you even touch their hand it's a foul\

come back and talk to me when you broken(well fracture) your foot playing soccer like i have.
    oh i guess what i kept play too ass-wipe!

7. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Your hilarious. You gotta attack someone before you get your point across to make a stronger impact? Your a waste of my time..

A) Basketball players (most of the time) arent crying after they get their hand touched to increase the penalty of the other player are they?

B) All of the soccer players Ive seen go down in these games Ive been watching arent getting their foot fractured or anything, otherwise I wouldnt be posting this. Thats a different story. They fall - they cry.. thats what Im bitching about.

8. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

For the record.. since people are turning this thread around and pointing it at me.. I'll add that I have played soccer, for a couple years... and I currently play travel hockey (goalie).. so dont try and make it sound like I dont know what its like to get hurt playing a sport.

9. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

lol you talk like i sat here strategically planning my post to have maximum "impact" on you. and when you see an obviously posed picture of a kid with an unlit joint in this mouth it raises an eyebrow...

but seriously man, i don't understand the point of the post in the first place....if soccer isn't your thing just let it be that...

10. Buritos

Buritos Member

Yay Hurling.

11. ArmOutsideIn

ArmOutsideIn Member

how about everyone in this thread just sparks up a bowl and loves everyone:)

12. fitzy21

now, thats a great idea

13. JvY

JvY Member

your just stupid, soccer takes a shit load of skill, also smarts which is why they stay on the ground to make there injurys look more severe so Refs may hand out yellow/red cards.

I hate it when people dont even think b4 posting

14. Radiohead

Radiohead Member

and that it has nothing to do with marijuana.

15. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Off topic threads are allowed here... shut the fuck up. And anyways.. I'm not gonna bother arguing with you

16. gratefuldeadhippy

gratefuldeadhippy Member

B).
    [​IMG]

O? RLY?
    pussys cry blood

17. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Yeah, off topic threads are allowed, but this one seems like it was made just to start shit.

18. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

All I have to say is.........Ronaldinho........

"Despite being blessed with breathtaking skill and almost supernatural ball control, the endearingly-modest Ronaldinho Gaucho still blushes when he is mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Zico or Pele. He may not pursue the kind of legendary status afforded to Brazilian greats Garrincha, Didi or Vava, but with each passing game the feeling grows that Ronaldinho could become one of the finest players the world has ever seen." © 2001 - 2006 FIFA

I don't care if he isn't american.....this guy is fucking unreal![​IMG]

19. KParker730

KParker730 Member

Are you fuckin serious?! I just read this... and it completely pissed me off. soccer players are in so much better shape than american football players, who just have to eat a shitload of food to be good! soccer takes SKILL not just being a fatass american

20. boothy

boothy Senior Member

not trying to be generalizing at all but... your an american... its hardly a sport you guys kinda understand like the rest of the world is it? i mean, have you been playing it on the street since you could walk?