soaking your mushrooms in lemon juice.

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by psychedlic soldier, Dec 7, 2009.

1. psychedlic soldier

psychedlic soldier Member

So one day my dad told me that if you grind up your mushrooms into powder, and let it soak in lemon juice for like 15-20 minutes it makes the shrooms stronger. So i bought a quarter, grinded up and soaked 2 grams, like he told me, in lemon juice for 20 minutes. The trip was amazing, and i couldnt beleive what was going on from just 2 grams, it felt like i ate 4 or 5 for god sakes. I WAS going to do that with my whole quarter, but im so glad i didnt now.

BUT. Was this just some kinda placebo affect? because i really strongly beleived that doing this would make my trip real powerful. Placebo, or does doing this with lemon juice accually make you trip harder?

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

The acidity in the lemon juice extracts the active chemical (4-ho-dmt). Not doing this means you will shit out a portion of the mushroom still intact, still containing the active chemical.

It's just an extraction, done in a cup. :)

3. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

known as the Lemon TEK, many people swear by it. Never tried it myself but from what I understand, it is supposed to increase absorption rate due to the acidity in the lemons.

4. PsychedelicLover

PsychedelicLover Member

I think I am going to try this next :) I have an awesome Limeade recipe that I make with fresh squeezed limes and lemons :)

5. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

I thought it just converted the psylocybin to psylocin which is actually the active ingredient, thereby bypassing the need for such conversion in the body.
    Not sure though, mushrooms are an area I have just started to study in earnest.
    But by doing that conversion it would also make more of it available before excretion as you said. Maybe both are at work.

6. Trips509

Trips509 Member

It makes it hit faster but I don't know if it makes it more intense but maybe it does a little. I have done this a few times but I don't remember. Last time I did mushrooms was last summer.

7. Trips509

Trips509 Member

This is true which is why it kicks in faster, and I guess it does make more of the chemical available to you so it might make it a little stronger.

8. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

Isn't there a lot of acid in your stomach? I could see the argument if you were making tea and discarding the powder, but I don't totally see how it would make that much difference if it all ends up in your stomach anyway.

(Hippy3 who runs Mycotopia always says lemon, oj, vitamin C don't really make a difference even in the tea.)

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

There's not that much acid, and you can't control how long the mushrooms soak in it. What you can control, is how long they soak in something almost as strong as stomach acid, lemon juice. You should also pulverize your mushrooms into a fine powder while soaking it to increase surface area of absorption.

It's just pre-digesting the mushroom before it hits your gut, which makes the job in your gut go MUCH MUCH faster and better. Lemon-tekking consistently results in a stronger and SHORTER trip, because it hits you right away, all at once, instead of being slowly absorbed over some time.

10. PsychedelicLover

PsychedelicLover Member

See me with a camel pack of lemon juice next year.

Does it matter how long it soaks?

11. Trips509

Trips509 Member

Mr.Writer got right on, you are pre-digesting the mushrooms. I would grind them to a powder and soak for at least 15-20 minutes.

12. PsychedelicLover

PsychedelicLover Member

Will it do anything bad to them if it soaks longer though? Could it be something you prepare, dose and still have some to re dose later? Or would you have to make more.

13. raz5

raz5 زینب

how much lemon juice do you need?

14. Katie89

Katie89 Senior Member

thats a good idea. how did it work for you?

15. GregTheMagician

GregTheMagician Senior Member

that's probably what it does

16. Stoned Philosopher

Stoned Philosopher Member

i did this but grinded my shrooms in my weed grinder since thats all i had... it seemed to kinda work..? i dont really know i was tripping at a decent level from 2 grams, but i had tripped like 5 days prior so i might have had some tollerance buildup and thats why it wasnt over the top... or because i used a weed grinder..

17. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

Ive tried it before and it works well. But prefer to eat the mushrooms, because the Lemon Tek shortens the comedown, and I love the comedown.

18. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

It doesnt convert psilocybin to psilocin at all. It converts both into their respective citrate salts, making them more soluble in water. As an added bonus, the citrate is also more bioavailable orally than the freebase, so it hits harder. The downside, as people have noted, is the slightly shorter half-life. You get 4-6 hours instead of 6-8.

I like to grind mine, soak in lemon or lime juice for 30 minutes, then make lemonade or limeade and strain.

19. GregTheMagician

GregTheMagician Senior Member

So how much lemon juice would you need?

20. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Here's how I did it. You just need enough juice to cover and soak the mushrooms. 15-30 minutes is the time frame.

[​IMG]