So you call yourself a hippy?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Ohio_Grown, May 14, 2004.

1. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

Exactly Man! Differences make the world a more interesting place! And I also agree that Hippies are just excepting loving people

2. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

Yeah, I've noticed too, that a lot of people on the Marijuana forum think being a hippy is all about drugs and it isn't... Most people do abuse it... But not just hippies do that kind of stuff (protesting)... That's also activists... :)

~ Sapphire

3. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

heres what is says in the dictionary: hippie - a young person alienated from conventional society, who has turned to mysticism, drugs, communal living etc.

which is a load of bollocks in my opinion.

4. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

It seems like so many people are confusing activists with hippies. I am reading a book called Voices from the Love Generation. It's completely filled with just interviews from actual hippies during the Haight-Asbury Time. They weren't just all about protesting, they wanted to live their own lives without authority and going by the rules. People get confused at this, and sure they were completely against the war, but you may think that not all activists were hippies too. I haven't read everybody's replies so I'm sure what I'm saying has been said already, but whatever. People are people. Stereotypes live on. Hippies just got started in the 60s, who cares if you believe it's over. Sure things have changed, but they are still around. Think about jocks, preps, etc. every stereotype has started somewhere. The greasers of the 50s are the thugs of today. It's all in a matter of how you look at it, but really if you want to go by any belief, I say go for it and do what you want. Call yourself a hippy or not, but as it has been said before, we are all here because we agree to a certain extent of stuff, so live it up and enjoy the amazing people that are here. Peace.

5. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

getting stoned is a personal choice. not all stoners are hippies and not all hippies are stoners.
    hippies weren't originally so political. that came with vietnam. if someone wants to protest that is wonderful. but it doesn't make them a hippie. i know plenty of people who are most definately not hippies who have been in protests. it's just some people's thing.
    prom is only superficial if your school says you HAVE to dress up. i personally did not attend mine. i have better things to spend my money on and do not enjoy dances. if someone wants to go, that's awesome. i probably would have gone if my best friend could have taken me. i would have dress up as much as any other flower child would have because of the money thing. i would have expected him to do the same.

EVERY PERSON SHOULD DO WHAT THEY WANT AS LONG AS IT LETS OTHERS DO WHAT THEY WANT. LET EVERYONE BE HAPPY AND FREE.

6. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

You're assuming that people here consider them selveshippies. This is the Hip Forums not the Hippie forums. Just because this particular forum is called "Young Hippies" doesn't mean that everyone in here considers themselves hippies. In fact most do not. On the main page, where it describes each forum, under Young Hippies it says, "For teens into the hippie lifestyle." It doesn't say, "For young hippies."

-Peace

7. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

Rock On Peace ..I completely agree with you..

8. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I believe wholeheartedly in peace and love. When my family get's in an argument, I sit there thinking, 'This isn't neccesary....'

9. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Wow this place was different back then o_O

10. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

I think that being a hippy means not forming to what everyone wants you to be, so you cant really say that someone inst a hippy, without being un-hippy yourself..wow, thats confusing