So, who still has a home phone?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by metro, May 20, 2004.

1. BigBong

BigBong Member

That is why they have "mute" and "silent" options.. It is only rude and inconvient if you allow it to be.. Oh yea.. And about the battery dying.. As long as you stick the phone the charger every night or every other day you are good to go..

2. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

i agree. i've never thought of it that way, but you're right. i dont have a cell anymore either. cant pay for the shit. lol. i like not having one, less crap to worry about.

3. metro

metro self-banned

yes, but many people don't use those features...I'm not talking about people calling me, I mean when I'm talking to someone and their phone rings so they answer it w/o a second thought. And you just have to "wait" 'til they're though speaking to resume your conversation. About the battery, apparently many people also do not do this because I can not tell you how many times I was talking to someone and their battery died. If you use your phone all day, often the battery wears down by evening. A pain in my ass I say!

4. metro

metro self-banned

yep, I had a year-long contract, probably the biggest waste of $ I've ever spent. [​IMG]

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Only charge your battery when it is dead or almost dead! The battery has a memory, and if you put it on the charger while the battery isn't dead or almost there, it gets used to not having to stay charged as long and it won't be long before you have to replace your battery. Trust me. Only charge it when it needs it, then make sure you leave it on until it's completely done charging. Just turn it off if you aren't using it, like at night or whatever.

6. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i have a home phone
    i hate cell phones and dont got one, it makes it easyier for the stalkers to find me if i have a cellie.........

i use my moms or my grAMMAS cell if completely neccesairy

7. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

my husband and i only have cell phones a cable modem. i like having it for emergencies and we call a lot of long distance so it's cheaper for us.

8. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i have both, but i rarely use either.

9. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

I thought that I was the last person alive that didn't have a cell phone! Whew! This made me feel good. I have a home phone, although I rarely answer it and never call anyone back... I hate talking on the phone. Don't know why... I couldn't imagine one being in my purse or something all day. *shudders*

10. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

ive never ever owned a cell phone in my life, i also seem to live in a town where no one seems to know how to use them in a civerlised way.
    people screaming down them, normally right outside my house at two in the morning i wonder whether they're the same type that go on tv talk shows as they certainly seem to love washing there linin in public.
    my parents are desperate for me to get a mobile phone, i say ring me at home if you get the answer phone i'm ethier not in or don't want to speak.

s

11. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

All I have is a land line,but that is also the only way I can connect to the internet,since dial up is the only option out here in the Ozarks country.Besides I have no need for an electronic leash,and a governmental tracking unit.Call me paranoid if you will,but the technology is built into the cell phones.Think about that and you daily use of your cell phone.

12. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

This is a myth that started when cordless phones first started coming out. It may have been true for a few battery types, but its no longer true. It actually can do damage to the battery to let it die completely.

13. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

actually, stella...that's not true. ive researched it and have info. from cingular as well.

it IS true.

14. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I'm right! They lady told me that while she was replacing my battery for the third time because I just put it on the charger every night when I got home... :)

15. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

It must depend on the type of battery then, because I know for a fact that newer batteries DO NOT recieve damage when they are charged while not being 'almost dead'.

16. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

http://www.rechargeable-phone-batteries.com/about_rechargeables.htm

17. metro

metro self-banned

me too, I'm definitely not a phone person. [​IMG]

I don't know, it just always amuses me how people will talk about the most ridiculous/unimportant stuff on their cell, just to talk. Who cares if you just crossed the street or went into Starbucks or saw a cute guy?! Gotta use those minutes.. ha ha. alright I'm done[​IMG]

18. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

same here bro

land line only
    and
    i often refuse to answer the damn phone if i'm in the middle of doing something
    i unhooked the answering machine too
    and guess what...

people call back later.
    :p

19. broken_dreamer

broken_dreamer Member

i love the phone i can sit on it for hours.

20. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

If it wasn't for my slow ass dial up internet connection, I would get rid of my phone. Its the only one I have, except my cellphone, which doesnt work. I don't want bothered with people, and if someone needs desperatly to get ahold of me, well tough shit for them. If you need me, then come visit me, but make sure you call first.