so where will your spirit land?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by pabsy, Aug 25, 2005.

1. pabsy

pabsy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

ok...so most of us have a place on this planet where we feel in harmony and totaly absorbed by it..
    for me thats a place called the Broadwater where no one ever goes...at least i dont see anyone..... if i'm feeling down or stressed after work i kick my shoes off and run through the woods to my secret place....sit on the bank my feet in the water and just let my mind wander as i watch the sunset...its breathtaking and every day its like i see it all for the first time... i never want to leave it...my spirit is drawn there....
    so where will your spirit land?

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:) that's beautiful, pabsy :)

hm... I'm absolutely in love with Sedona, AZ, but that's a bit far for me to just drive, although I love vacationing there. But there is a park close to home that I like going to, which overlooks part of Lake Ontario and I could see the Toronto sky line if there isn't too much smog, it's quite nice.

3. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I just recently found The Arb in Ann Arbor...it's this park in the middle of the city that when you go into it, you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere...There are some real cool spots there.

But when I was a kid, I used to go down to the creek by my house and climb under the bridge that goes over it and sit and listen to the water flow and the birds chirp, the wind dancing in the treetops...

I used to write poetry down there when I was a kid...it felt like home.

4. happyhippyflower

happyhippyflower Sucker Punch

My spirit will land in a homeless person's empty beer can

5. pabsy

DancerAnnie - your spot down by the creek sounds so beautifull...have you been back there?

6. pabsy

happyhippyflower...haha..if it was a full one i'd join you!!

7. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Sure have...I currently live in the same house I grew up in...still there...but it's different now...there's a lot of overgrowth and the creek is dirty and barely-there...and someone built a house not far from my spot...so if I went down there I'm sure they'd probably call the cops for trespassing on their property :rolleyes: . Seems all of my childhood memories are disppearing like that...

8. pabsy

then your poetry is your testament to its past beauty... when i was a kid there was a spot at the bottom of my garden i called my 'shady place'... i often wonder if its still there for future generations... i guess not...everything changes......

9. Insomniac_devi

Insomniac_devi Beast Toast

My grandmother lived in Ohio, on top of a hill with a forest behind her house. No one lived there, and I would go walking in the woods everyday, and sometimes I would go play near the old coal mines. I went back there a few years ago( I hadn't been there for about 7 years or so) and it was all bulldozed over, with big machinery everywhere. It was really sad to see, because I used to live with my grandmother, and now everything I remember is gone.
    My friend Lori (kind of a second mother to me) lives in Citrus County, and aside from the different kinds of foliage, it reminds me of my grandmother's place. I like to go there whenever I can, walk in the forest with the dogs following me everywhere, and just thinking about everything.

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I think my spirit would probably land in Mauritius Island... somewhere...

11. pabsy

insomniac devi -nothing like solitude and a peaceful place to feed the mind...

12. pabsy

penny - Mauritius... never been.....heard its beautiful....