so what, in you're oppinion, is the greatest animal of all time?

Discussion in 'Animal Advocates Support' started by razm, May 21, 2004.

1. razm

razm Member

the human is the greatest animal

2. peacegal

peacegal Member

Surprise, surprise at the above response. I think there's a few contenders for greatest animal:
    the Mandarian Duck. I thought the wood duck was the prettiest waterfowl until I saw this guy. Stunning.
    Commerson's Dolphins. Tiny little black-and-white dolphins, marked like dutch rabbits, and only a few feet long.
    the cattle of India. The ones with the long curving horns and huge floppy ears.

3. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

I was totally going to say ducks! I love ducks (not sure why, maybe because they float :confused: ). I haven't seen a Mandarian but I like the Wood Duck.

4. peacegal

peacegal Member

Wood ducks are great, I actually saw the Mandarian swimming with a small flock of wood ducks. They are similar in size and appearence, but even more brilliantly colored.
    I just kicked myself for not having a camera with me. Here's a website where you can see a picture for yourself, and I'm sure you'll agree that this duck rocks :) http://just-jan.smugmug.com/gallery/74350/1/3402942

5. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Wow, that's an incredible looking duck. I have never seen one so colorful like that before. If I was ever reincarnated as an animal I would so want to be a duck. But I would want to live someplace safe away from hunters and really wild duck eating animals. Ducks are cool.

6. metro

metro self-banned

Hard question to answer, I'm fascinated by most all animals, so many interesting and beautiful ones...
    I agree about the Mandarian duck, it looks like it was painted! Gorgeous.

I love primates, there are so many funky looking ones: a couple favs are loris and tarsiers, very cute.

I also have always been intrigued by the timber wolf.
    Pandas are super cute too, even as adults they never lose the cuteness[​IMG]

7. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

Doggies!!! [​IMG]
    :)

8. lunaluvcat

lunaluvcat Member

This may be a boring answer, but lately I've realized that cats and kittens are one of my favorite things in the world. I cant pass a cat without saying hello to it. I could hold a kitten for hours and my 2 beasties never cease to entertain me. I beleive cats are a gift from God to give us unconditional companionship. I love them.

9. razm

razm Member

I thought you'd get a kick out of that peace.....and surprise surprise you judging the "best" animal on looks.

10. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

how about the loon...a duck that dives! well, not a "duck," but whatever. what more can you want? it floats, swims, and flies, and can hold its breath for like 3 minutes!.

11. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Best 'farm' animal
    Pigs: As Chruchill said, dogs look up to you, cats look down on you, pigs treat you as equal.
    They are incredibly intelligent animals (easily beating dogs in any mental test) actually very clean and generally misunderstood. Babe is one of my favourite movies, those piglets are just so cute.
    I like cows as well, they seem so chilled out and have soulful eyes.

Best companion animal
    Bunnies (of all ages): They are so utterly adorable. Really sweet and full of character. We have a rescue rabbit (Branwen) and I'm trying to talk my parents into adopting a friend for her. I'd set up a rabbit commune if they let me.
    Dogs are [almost] as good. You can have a lot of fun with them and they are very smart and loyal.

Best wild animal
    Dolphins: Very beautiful and intelligent. They have a great sense of fun too. Wolves are wonderful too.

So for me it's a three way tie between Bunnies, Dolphins and Pigs.

TTFN

Sage

12. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

Wooly mammoth, wolves, humans, albatross, flying squirl.

13. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

My favorite animal by far is an elephant. Then tigers as well....i love cats big and small. But elephants are such gentle, loving and smart creatures and I would love nothing better than to spend my life studying them or working with them. I am going to school to be a vet tech so mabye my dream will come true!
    BTW, that was the coolest duck I have ever seen :)

14. Red13Faerie

Red13Faerie Member

PANDAS YAAAAY

15. Tisha

Tisha Member

I agree with you. Cats are almost otherworldly. When you look into the eyes of a cat, you get the feeling that you are looking at a superior being. I love ALL animals (except maybe select human animals...) but am really fond of sharks, snakes and bats and hermit crabs. I would go on...but my cat, L.C. is staring at me menacingly...

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cuttlefish can change color to match whatever is in the back ground even as they are swimming. They make flashing "lights" when attempting to catch prey like neon signs --they mesmerize their prey with the changing colors. Some scientists tested their intelligence and concluded"we're not smart enough to figure out how to test them adequately". So I like cuttlefish,(among other creatures.)

17. dmob12

dmob12 Member

[​IMG]
    I just googled greatest animal of all time and it asked me if I meant "greatest anime of all time"...

wow

18. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I like horses and felines. I'd hit it. :drool5:

19. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Bugs bunny

20. -fleur-

-fleur- Member

Geese.