So what are they proud of?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Higherthanhell, May 23, 2007.

1. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

2. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

3. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Nice to see it outlined so concisely. Most people look at the sound bites and not the actually effects of this administration.

4. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

5. gardener

Those that tend to support him, just buy the sound bites and continue to see their portfolios do well, they never bother to look at the whole picture. I don't think they are that concerned about our nation surviving only their holdings and their own families footings in society.

But then these same goals hold true for our congress caving into his funding of this war, be they Dem or Rep.

6. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Quite possibly some richer Republicans do [as far the economic realities of America go].
    He has a base in the POOR sections of America also - what about them ?.
    As this list is more than the economy I think his support base is more varied and the rationale is more varied than rich people looking in their bank accounts.
    Not to be sarcastic but I guess they are all right wing christians ? right ?.

''just buy into soundbites''

Is it not all that this old [2004] article is ? JUST SOUNDBITES PUT TOGETHER BY SOMEONE ELSE. Who shockingly is anti Bush. Each individual one gathered from newspapers and news affiliates that both of you have mocked in the past. That does not matter though - right ?.
    Neither You or HTH are going to concern yourself with the truth [I'm not suggesting all of it is not true]the half truth or the outright rubbish that is within this thread - are you ?.

''Bigger picture''

And is that what is going on in this thread then ? .

IT WOULD BE NICE TO READ SOMETHING ORIGINAL FROM HTH FROM TIME TO TIME !.

7. gardener

The poorer sections of US society have bought into GW because of his "Christian" stance, but if they once looked critically at what they had been sold and what they had actually bought, they might wake up. The poor historically seek out religion as a promise of something better. And because religion is based on faith, rarely do those people who follow it ask for an accounting of the promises they backed up.

Not sure what exactly your beef is. If you think one or a few of the points are false perhaps you could give some references to the truth.

8. gardener

Just like Collin Powell's proof to the UN that Iraq had WMD. They were basing their intelligence on old information. Thing is the old intelligence I am working on keeps proving itself more and more accurate everyday.

Oh, and let's not forget Cheney's insistance that Iraq was part of 09/11. That was the truth wasn't it? And he still believes that....or does he, but someone in marketing told him if he repeated it enough the American public would.

Is the world safer now without Sadaam? Was the loss of innocent life worth it?

9. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

No doubt some on all sides - do not concern themselves with what they have bought - they only like the packaging.
    It is a little patronising though imho. Each individual has a choice however myopic their view is.
    None of us in this thread are with out some form of bias and we are deeply apposed to each other stance on certain issues and way of looking at what is and is not the reality.

I see your point - but is that not the truth of us ALL . Are you a religous man ?.
    Could you completly defend every single action and batt off other peoples negative view of the person/party you voted for [and who actually made it too office] and their time in office ?.

My beef is seeing one more cut and paste and reading no crititical views of what is put up as ''evidence''. Most of the time it is like fighting against the waves - but i've seen this THAT many times I could not walk on by.

I think you are honest enough [i might be wrong] not to buy into every single one of these 100 ''Bush accomplishments'' - and can appreciate a lot of it is a little unfair and bending the truth. Though you may have the opinion Bush is the worst president in history - and the finer points do not matter at the end of the day [even I have irrational dislikes for certain politicians].

10. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

11. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Sorry - maybe I should have been more clear. Each individual one of these 100 has a back story and months of arguements and realities behind them.
    I'm not suggesting if we went through them all - we would not come across the truth with some of them - or we I would disagree with some of them.
    Yeah a fair few times. Just post stuff in your own words. It is true none of us are that original - but lets be unoriginal in our OWN words rather than that of others. It is just a little lazy.
    Obviously you have seen it a few times yourself - i'd imagine ?.
    Yahoo
    That could not be further from the truth - I love the truth.
    If you can metaphoricaly look me in the eyes and honestly say you have looked into every single one of those ''accomplishments'' and in all honesty say they are completly accurate. Then fair enough. I very much doubt you could.

12. gardener

I am neither republican nor democrat, though I've been registered as each at one time or another. Today I am registered as a Green Party member. If what HtH posted is a cut and past from somewhere else without citing his source please advise us of the original source.

I am definitely of the opinion that during my lifetime, GW is the worst president I have ever experienced. Not just because of Iraq, but mainly because of his total disregard of individual rights and the constitution. And he made most of those revisions to benfit corporations. Those infringements to my mind are something the American public should never have sat still for. Not that I wish to undervalue the lives that innocent Iraqis and Lebanonese have seen lost since his coronation. Those lost lives are something we as a nation should never take lightly. They are not just Hadjiis that can be snuffed and laughed about. They aren't just towell headed computer images that can be wiped out without concern like in a computer game. They are real living human beings.

13. gardener

Maybe you would like to defend Wolfowitz, Rumsfield, Ashcroft, Powell? Those that wished this war upon the world? They've all bailed ship, but they will end up rich and powerful.

The rest of us will have lost family and children, but they will remain power sources for the world unless we wake up.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/01/23/politics/main266421.shtml

Wolfy's girlfriend has certainly benefitted, Powell's son has a place on the FCC, Ashcroft's holdings in Citicorp, Rumsfields interest in the bird flu vaccine, none of them will leave office in debt or with dead children.

14. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Fair enough - thankyou for your candour.
    Even though you did not say if you could defend their position on the issues.

You might have noticed I have in my last post.

I agree - BUT it does not matter who is PM or president - during a war innocent people are going to die.
    If you were of the mind - the rationale was false - then I think we have traveled that path enough times not to walk down that one again.
    I'm sure on other conflicts we are on the opposite ends of the debate.
    Maybe on a few we are of the same mind.
    I know all of this is frustrating and the deep hatred you feel is very real to you. So I won't use to much energy attempting to alter your opinion.
    I just think as dumb as Bush looks and quite possibly is - i still do believe he did the right thing for a compassionate reason - along with a myriad of other leaders who are not as dumb as he is.

15. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Defend the Iraq war ? - I defend my opinion of it as strongly as you do.
    You choose to see it as power mad money grabbing scumbags - I don't.

16. gardener

Your link in the last post just takes one to a general yahoo search page not a specific quote.

It's not a hatred, it's a fear and a dread. And what Bush did and continues to do by foisting executive privelege on the American people is simply something I can not sit by and let happen without comment.

17. gardener

That's exactly what it was.

18. gardener

I suppose you saw it as advancing democracy?

19. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

The point was how many times it has been posted and how un-original HTH was being posting it.

I obviously have no idea wich one he picked it from - possibly the commondreams site.
    The originator is

100 Facts and 1 Opinion
    The Non-Arguable Case Against the Bush Administration

by Judd Legum

I truely do not wish to put a gag on you AT ALL - just come at it on a honest and level playing field.

20. gardener

As to the Green Party...not sure I can defend them any longer, but not aware of any other party I want to switch my registration to at the moment. I registered Green when Nader was still in the picture. If Ron Paul's movement goes anywhere I may reregister to give my vote some credibility.