So What About Dragons?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Dax, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Dax

Dax Members

So what about these things called dragons? No not your mother in law but the legendary creatures which appear in one form or another in practically every culture around the globe.

There are African dragons, Indonesian dragons, Indian dragons, Chinese dragons, Japanese dragons, Philippine dragons, Korean dragons, Vietnamese dragons, Siberian dragons, Catalan dragons, French dragons, Sardinian dragons, Scandinavian dragons, Germanic dragons, English dragons, Welsh dragons, Hungarian dragons, Slavic dragons, Romanian dragons, Portuguese dragons, Greek dragons, Turkish dragons, Lithuanian dragons and many other dragons.

Why do they feature in countries that far apart? European and Oriental dragons are very similar and in most cases are able to fly and breathe fire. Some people say that dragons may be mental representations of human fears of snakes but hey … I think there is only one poisonous snake in Wales and when last was anyone there bitten by one? Perhaps they represented something the ancients hadn't encountered before. I mean the indigenous peoples of the United States referred to a steam locomotive as an "iron horse."

They even mentioned in the christian bible. Revelation 12:3-4
    "And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it."

Now what could this "Dragon have been?

2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Planet 9 or aka Planet X
    A magnitude 20 star
    Orbits the sun about every 20,000 years
    The fiery dragon of old
    Supposed to destroy all life on Earth when it eclipses the sun with its asteroid belt and fast orbit.

I'm glad my scales and body are green, I only have two heads and the only part of a woman I eat, is her pussy.

Eric! likes this.
  3. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Probably because of all the countries in between. China talks about dragons in their folklore. China touches Russia and Korea. Dragons spread from Korea to Japan and from China to Russia. From russia dragon lore spreads to eastern Europe then western Europe. I mean we're in the middle of a global pandemic right now. It should be no secret how things spread across the earth. Like this has given me a whole new perspective and understanding on how everything from viruses to ideas to culture to dragon myths spread

Eric! likes this.
  4. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

I guess China handled the dragons about as well as they’ve handled COVID 19

GLENGLEN, Eric! and everything bagel like this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Dragons were most likely the spacecraft the Gods used to travel in, especially in Asia where it says the Gods travelled on dragons but to look at that face value you'll have your nay sayers.

You need to understand the truth behind myths and undoubtfully, every myth, even a fabled myth has its truth behind it.

When a rocketship blasts into the atmosphere what does it do? Creates fire, smoke, the ground shakes, it takes off in a plume of thunder.... Reads like a dragon to me.

But dragons around other parts of the world were entirely different too.

Tbh, I just think someone found a dinosaur skeleton one day. Kinda looks dragonish if you don't know what you're looking at, especially a brontosaurus or brachiosaurus or diplodocus.

Drager1 and Driftrue like this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

dragons do it in flight.

Driftrue likes this.
  7. WhatJustHappened

WhatJustHappened Members

that’s a bit like picking the blueberries out of a muffin.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if that's what eating her pussy is like, she should see her gynecologist immediately.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ay, there's always one lil raisen at the top. ;)

Gul Dukat likes this.
  10. WhatJustHappened

WhatJustHappened Members

Pretty much the only time in the existence of humans where the phrase “think outside the box” actually applies!

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Don't keep them indoors.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

winged reptiliod people who evolved on their own planets as the conditions of their world favored. human legends are human legends.
    people, however strange the appearance of people of one world, might be to the people of another, are people.

likewise creatures, who might be less then sapeint, but certainly sentient, are what they are too. the only big deal is people making big deals.
    because of what they tell each other to believe or pretend, which is almost the same thing.

if there is any such thing as a life form that is not a person, other then maybe a tree or a vegetable, it is having an interest in making things.
    i wish people wouldn't depict them as angry mean and threatening, and i think we've matured to the point not everyone does, i mean, no more then the diversity in the rest of us.
    and yes, i do question the personhood of humans, who lack that interest in creating things that has resulted in our surrounding ourselves by things humans have created,
    that enables us to imagine ourselves another kind of thing from other life forms.

so whether or not something we can imagine, exists on our own planet, the unknown being unknown, prevents nothing from doing so elsewhere.