So, wait...New England May Be Seceding?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Chris L, Jan 14, 2005.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

yes I remember memorizing that thing in junior high too.......

four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal......

we are now in a great civil war......

thats all I remember, but Im still shocked that I remember that....... this was more than 15 years ago.

2. Co0kiezGurl

Co0kiezGurl Banned

Somehow I think it was more that they felt it was an inconveniance/annoyance than an invasion of privacy or whatnot. People get really damned uppity waiting to get through security these days, and if you ask me, they're being damned ignorant and selfish. Excuse me if I'm ok with it (even getting a patdown) because I don't want someone with a weapon getting on the plane with me. And yeah it's fucking annoying that we have to take off our shoes and shit, but damn we wouldn't have to do that if someone hadn't tried to fucking blow up a plane with a bomb in his fucking shoe. Frisk me, go through my shit, whatever. I don't give a good goddamn because I'm sorry but I want to be safe on the plane. I have nothing to hide anyway...and I think probably MOST of the only people who do have a problem with it either have something to hide or are just feeling selfish and inconvenienced....well boo fucking hoo.

I'm sorry but if the dumbasses who let those hijackers on the planes 3 years ago had been doing their damned jobs, the 9/11 bullshit probably wouldn't have happened. My roomate that year came back to school in AUGUST before the attacks, complaining because the security had given her shit at the airport and taken ALL of her BOXCUTTERS. If the security guards at all the other airports in the country had just been doing their damn job, like those who pissed off my roommate, then those idiots would have gotten their boxcutters confiscated...and then what would they have done? Well who knows...but at least they wouldn't have their little sharp toys.

Like I said...if you don't have something to hide, and if you're not a selfish little prick, why should the security at the airport seem so bad?

I'm sorry....but that's a big pet peeve of mine.....BIIIIIG pet peeve.

3. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Exercise your freedom to choose, be frisked , or walk ! Because if I see security slack off at the airport , I'm gunna scream my f---kin head off !!!!!

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i had a successful seccession years ago. i really suggest you try it. no one may notice, but thats probably better for you, as no one will go to war to bring you back. just think, you too can succesfuly suceede in succession. (would be funnier if i learned how to spell)

5. Chris L

Chris L Member

same here, I had to memorize it earlier this year (I'm in 8th grade). it sucks though, cause its not like thats all we have to do, ever week and a half, we have to recite a memorized poem.

It's not that they have something to hide, it's simply that some people aren't comfortible with being frisked by a total starnger. And they feel intimidated when they see guards standing in the airports with assault rifles. They feel annoyed when they have to go through ten thousand things just to get on a plane. Some people don't think that way, and thats fine, but some people do, and when they don't speak out about it, it's like they're surrendering their rights to the airport security/cops/governemnt/whatever. Thankfully, some people speak up about it, and thats how these things get changed. If your fine with it, good for you, but don't call other people ignorant and selfish cause they're not going to stand for something that makes them uncomfortible. Remember, different people feel different ways. Nobody's the same, and don't look down on people simply because they have different feelings and thoughts than you do.

(^not said in a bashing manner^)

6. Co0kiezGurl

Co0kiezGurl Banned

Heh, I like your little non-bashing-manner disclaimer :)

Personally though, I think it IS selfish. I'd rather have these searches and things going on at the airport, than have the chance of someone getting on with a weapon or bomb, that may not quite be of a sound mind, and then everyone else on the plane dying because of them. I'd just rather it be safer on a plane due to amazing security, than, as I said, die trying to get home one of these days. I'm going home with my fiance on Friday, and I'll feel a lot better knowing the security is doing their jobs. It should be expected when you're planning to take a plane flight somewhere....something that can, and does sometimes, end in tragedy because of some asshole crazy person.

It's not the fact that they have different thoughts and feelings...it's the fact that they aren't thinking rationally about what could happen on a plane if security lets someone on with a weapon or whatever...and they aren't thinking about the world we're living in... and they aren't thinking about the comfort of other people on the flight. I don't expect this kind of security everywhere else and I CERTAINLY wouldn't like it everywhere else...but when it comes to flying, I certainly welcome it.

Besides...as long as I've known, there's always been some kind of security at airports...I don't know if it has been always, but like I said, as long as I've known. But it's there for a reason...because some people are fucking crazy and try to sneak stuff on in their freakin shoes...crazy man...crazy. It's like those stupid warnings on some things...like on a blender "do not stick hand in blender while it's on" or something just as dumb...they're there because that has happened before. The security is there because people have been crazy and tried to kill everyone on a plane before....I just don't appreciate people complaining about it because hey...I'd rather not die...y'know?