So, wait...New England May Be Seceding?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Chris L, Jan 14, 2005.

1. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale Member

Without the New England states that back the middle/lower class societies of America, there would be no one to fight unjust laws getting passed. There would be California left, sure, but I would think they would go along with the New England states and break away. The South has not and would not stand up to oppression because, well, they're as red as they come and would side with whatever the president wants.

I know I'm not making sense, and I can understand where you're coming from, but if the North were to leave, America would fall into shambles. It would become one huge, homophobic, racist nation with all the military and nuclear power that we have now. No one would dare question the judgement of the government, and the America that a lot of us once loved would be lost.

2. Megara

Megara Banned

seceding serves absolutely no purpose. It benefits no one. Guess what, george bush is gone in 4 years. No state is stupid enough to leave. No state has anywhere close to any significant amount thta would want to leave. I'm in vermont, a "blue state"

Do people forget that we have a republican governor? Isnt the mass gov republican too?

These artificial "red" and "blue" divisions of states are silly. No state is all red and no state is all blue. Most are purple.

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

yea, mass has a republican as governor. though, if i could own Cape Cod to myself, i wouldn't mind seceding.

4. Chris L

Chris L Member

Reasons for any state to secede:
    1) Terrorism, supposibly being commited by arabs
    2) the loss of civil liberties, in the name of counter-terrorism
    3) The idiotic wars, that we will all eventually be forced to fight in
    4) The embarrasment of being american (for instance...USA attacks Iraq, alot of people are against it, but its called their war anyways)
    5) the economy
    6) the two party system (both parties have totally evil assholes running them)
    7) Corporate takeover
    8) So much other stuff...

Of course, many people are too brainwashed to realize all of this, and will never want to get out of USA because of their ignorance.

5. HonkyTonk

HonkyTonk Member

So i am supposed to sucede beacuse of terrorism, a myth of a loss of civil liberties, a war, because everyone hates america (like they didn't before), a good economy, two party system, and becuase we have a large capitalistic economy?

You're a fucking dumbass 13 yearold, go some pubes, read about economics, then post.

6. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

You're right that no state has a large proportion of its population that favors secession...yet. Not many modernized countries can truthfully make the same claim. But there are growing secessionist movements in New Hampshire, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Massachusetts and Vermont Republicans are a lot ideologically closer to mainstream Democrats than they are to Georgia Republicans.

True, but if secession ever became a reality the nations would need some kind of geographic border. State lines seem like a pretty good place to start.

7. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

That seems like the best reason of all for the blue states to secede. The blue states are the ones that are terrorist targets (as a result of US foreign policy), but most of the chickenhawks live in the red states. If the blue states seceded to pursue a peaceful foreign policy, maybe the red states would think twice about an aggressive foreign policy that could land a nuclear weapon in Atlanta or Houston.

If people feel that they are being oppressed (rightly or not) they have every right in the world to secede.

You obviously have a short-term memory. Just because the Arab world has hated America for a long time doesn't mean "everyone" has. The United States was well-respected in Europe, Latin America, East Asia, and Africa under Bill Clinton's administration. Then George W. Bush declared "Either you're with us or with the terrorists" (that's French for "Fuck you, Europe!") and our foreign policy has devolved from there.

The economy is mediocre at best and less capitalistic than at any time since LBJ, but even if it wasn't, people have the right to secede if they think they can do better.

8. Chris L

Chris L Member

1st off, those arent reasons your supposed to want to secede, their simply reasons somebody else might want to secede.

2nd off, you mean to say that being groped by airport security isn't a loss of civil liberties?
    And that the fact that the american dollar has been continuously droppping in value isn't evidence of a bad economy? Or the fact that nobody, unless your working in walmart, can seem to keep a job for too long? And you mean to tell me that walmarts putting small, family owned buisnesses out of buisness is not coporate takeover?
    You mean to say that a 2 party system, especially when both parties are full of total assholes, who all want the same things, and say the same things, except word them differently, isn't a bad thing, and is great for a 'democracy'?
    Or that you, the one who is a big enough man to say anything you want over the internet, will end up fighting in some idotic war, and trust me, theres many more to come, and theres also a draft to come. You'll end up fighting for absoluely nothign, dying for absolutely nothing. Have you been seeing the news? there were no WMDs in iraq, nor were there any connections to al quida. Yet, we still went in there, and over a thousand american people are dead now...for what? Some assholes in 5000 dollar suits in washington DC thought it would be fun to attack another country? Thats a good thing? Thats not a reason for somebody, who doenst stand for any of it, to want to secede from the US?

3rd off, why the hell do you have to bring age into this? It might be the most pointless thing for any argument...

9. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Sure we have lost some civil liberties, economy is a bit down, blah, blah, blah. But secession is not happening. :rolleyes: Do you really think the government would just peacefully let states go? :rolleyes:

10. Chris L

Chris L Member

Not at all. Nor do I think secesion will happen...but to say that those aren't reasons for somebody wanting secesion is just idiotic...

11. HonkyTonk

HonkyTonk Member

Being groped by airport security? it's SECURITY, whenever i go to anything in D.C. i go through 100 metal detectors at the least. I don't care it's in the interest of security and i would rather be inconvientanced than dead.

A weaker dollar is good for US manufacturers in that demand for US goods is on the rise with the cheaper dollar, Unemployment is at what has been the national average for a long time, 5.4-5.7%.

We have a two party system becuase most people are too stupid to look into 3rd parties and most 3rd parties appeal to a small group of people.

I also plan on joining the services after college, so you have no legitimate reason to call me a coward. There will not be a draft and there is no reason for one to occur, should one occur though, it would be a good thing.

12. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

Quebec already tried that...didn't work...

13. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I fail to see how being searched to make sure you don't have a weapon when boarding a public plane is really an invasion of privacy.
    Alot of businesses want a lower dollar, makes American goods cheaper in foreign markets.
    Umm, no one can hold a job, the vast majority of people I know have had the same job for a long time. And no, even though I hate Wal Mart, it's not a monopoly yet, it's capitalism.
    There are 3rd parties, the Republicans themself were once a 3rd party, the Bull Moose party came in 2nd place in the 1912 election and 3rd parties have thrown the elections for other parties in past elections. The fact is most 3rd parties have ideas that only a fraction o the popualation supports, that's why people vote for 2 mainstream parties, because their ideas are mainstream. And if you're 1 of those people who really think Democrats and Republicans stand for the same thing, I feel sorry for you.
    You have no proof of a draft except your own paranoid beliefs. And people have different ideas of what nothing is.
    What can I say, bad intelligence. You can blame Bush all you want, but the fact is the government dozens of countries around the world, even those that were against using force thought Saddam had WMD's And my personal beliefs is I could care less what excuse we use, because to the UN, a body that is supposed to support freedom and democracy, going to them and just saying,
    "this guy is a murderous dictator who has killed and even gassed hundreds of thousands of his own people and has a vendetta against a whole ethnic group that is 20% of his country and has been playing you guys for jackasses for 12 years." well that just isn't enough to get anything done.

14. element7

element7 Random fool

yeah, but Quebec is hella fun 'round a special day. Especially in Quebec city.
    Well if New England secedes, by all means please include some provisions towards immigrants from the rest of the 'red' states that be up shit creek when it's all said and done.

15. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

England said much the same thing , Yet the US did it any way !

16. Chris L

Chris L Member

I'm not trying to bash you here...but how, in any way at all, is a draft a good thing?

Just curious...cause that makes absolutely no sense to me...enlighten me :confused:

17. Megara

Megara Banned

witty remarks dont make that true.

There was economic benefit for the US to leave britain's control.

Can anyone prove any economic benefit for a US state leaving the nation?

18. Chris L

Chris L Member

In what way? Like, for instance, a state wanting out in order to avoid paying off the country's debt? Or are you saying something that I'm simply not getting...

19. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

"Every man is under the natural duty of contributing to the necessities of the society; and this is all the laws should enforce on him." --Thomas Jefferson

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens, and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. We can never be safe till this is done." --Thomas Jefferson

"I think the truth must now be obvious that our people are too happy at home to enter into regular service, and that we cannot be defended but by making every citizen a soldier, as the Greeks and Romans who had no standing armies; and that in doing this all must be marshaled, classed by their ages, and every service ascribed to its competent class." --Thomas Jefferson

20. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

England did not think it was an economic benefit, Did it ? When the US broke with Britain it didn't think about the problems it would cause for Britain, It looked only to the future and the benefits it would reap, the same for a US state..... If they became independent they would also be independent of the debts the US created, ? let the good times roll !!!