So um... uh... what do yall think of Eric Clapton these days lol

Discussion in 'People' started by zer0, Dec 19, 2021.

1. zer0

zer0 Members

When he first went on his anti lockdown rant last year I figured he was just having a bad day, but he kept whining louder and going on anti vax rants and crying like a baby that he can't tour (like he's the only entertainer who had to make sacrifices) AND the latest news is he sued some poor German widow and made her pay thousands of £££ just because she tried to sell her late husband's Eric Clapton bootleg cd on ebay for £9 (which she didn't even sell after she found out it was a bootleg).

Honestly I could let his anti vaxer rants slide as his right to an opinion, but now he's totally losing it and attacking little old ladies. Clapton u suck and you weren't fit to carry Jimi's spare picks lol

"Eric Clapton sued a woman who listed a bootleg CD on eBay for $11. She now owes thousands"
    Eric Clapton sued a woman who listed a bootleg CD on eBay for $11. She now owes thousands

DiagonalZone and scratcho like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's been said that he's quite a racist also.

DiagonalZone and etherea like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

[​IMG]

I have my strong leaning toward fully vaccinated populace.

And that doesn't change the way I feel when I hear "Tears in Heaven", no...

I don't read it when they post a position of his though.

4. zer0

zer0 Members

Yep, I made the mistake of delving deeper into the story and apparently he's said some nasty stuff.

Great point of discussion... Do we separate art from the artist? I also try not to let the artist's personality taint their product, but on some level isn't it all part of the same package? I dunno, I guess it's a grey area, but in some cases (not necessarily Clapton) it's impossible to separate the two. I can't watch the Naked Gun movies without cringing every time OJ comes on screen o_O

scratcho and soulcompromise like this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Cream era and earlier, yeah... After Cream broke up, no.

MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  6. He's very right wing!

scratcho likes this.
  7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

scratcho and zer0 like this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

zer0 likes this.
  9. DiagonalZone

DiagonalZone Member

I am glad we can have a dialogue about iconic people who despite their work were really awful and we can acknowledge this

etherea and zer0 like this.
  10. zer0

zer0 Members

Is that a British thing? I'm American and I've noticed that people here are largely unable to differentiate the art from the artist. Meaning, if they like someone's work, they automatically must idolize them as a human being (and get really angry when others point out flaws). Whereas in UK, the first thing I noticed (when touring the Tower of London haha) was the way people over there can honor historical figures while recognizing what lousy humans they were.

11. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

These people become so famous their egos won’t fit through the door, with so many fans idolising them they start to think their word is god. . He has a great platform there to do good, but used it to spread hate, he doesn’t deserve it at all. I wonder how many of those wogs bought his music and helped put him where he is today. Still nothing to worry about, look at his tragic personal life, karma is bitch.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022