SO, this Hurricane hit SERF right?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by crummyrummy, Aug 30, 2005.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I have usually been a weekend warrior when attending gatherings, but the one time I wasnt, I was pretty out of the loop for stuff like warnings of coming weather. Think sufficient word got to those that live off the beaten path?

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

probably, but i know i've weathered some intence stormsat gatherings, not a hurricane exactly, but wild weather nonetheless
    the fs usualy keeps anyone who cares updated on possible storms
    is there a serf regional goin on now? & if so where exactly?

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

naw, but I noticed in the sw that the family showed up like 2 months early sometimes....and stayed a long time after. I only visited during peak week. when I was just staying at cougar hotsprings, it would be weeks sometimes between town visits........not exactly rainbow but ...well still away from TV and internet....

4. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Member

i'm sure they were warned. fedies are always in and out of the woods. and the locals can be pretty cool. even if they're not i'm sure they wouldn't let anyone face that weather without being warned. ((good vibes to any family caught in bad weather))

lovin you family

5. WhiskeyJackJD

WhiskeyJackJD Member

seerbeer@aol.com

I've been trying to find a place to suggest that the "site finding" and 'site preparing people' could do some beautiful work down near New Orleans. (And of course, since many would have to take leave from jobs, get well paid for their work). That problem isn't going to go away. While most urban homeless might not heed the call to try wilderness living in tent towns, I suspect there are enough who are ready for governement by consensus and a new start with new ideas concerning what is and what isn't important in being alive so that, were the land to be made available from the National Park lands, and the Rainbow People 'hired' to show the way. And the federal and state funds provided for tents, kitchen equipment, latrine building, calm units, and food for as long as required, a workable 'new way of life might well spring up on a permanent basis. Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I can 'see' it happening. Can anyone else? Blessings - Chuck from Olympia

6. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

The closest gathering I know of to that area going on now would be in southern Illinois, the earliest stages of the Shawnee gathering. Don't think anybody would be showing up for the ( regular ) MS gathering this early.

We have our share of TechnoHippies. Enough of us have radios with NOAA Weather Band, or satelite or cell phone internet, ( I was on this forum on a friend's PDA from earthmother's field, and she's pretty far off the beaten path. ) that we no longer have to rely on the Feds for severe wether warnings. They have been known to lie.

7. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

:eek:
    you have got to be kiddinme

8. makno

makno Senior Member

white man speak with forked tounge ....you dont need a satalite ta know which way the wind blows ...