So, This Big-Ass Gorilla...

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by volunteer_tommy, Sep 27, 2014.

1. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

Okay, so I have a tendency to have dreams where I'm on a quest, with a sense of urgency behind me... things chasing me in dreams, however, are exceedingly rare. So when I do, they tend to intrigue me. I had one last night that was nothing short of interesting

It's starts with this big ass gorilla. No, this isn't King Kong... it's probably about ten feet tall, and really, really wide. Like, it waddled to walk, and it was bipedal. It was flabby, and looking back on it, doesn't look very real at all. But anyway, it was at some kind of zoo, and I was there with a group of about five friends, I think it was. Although, these are people that I have never seen before in my life. Apparently one of them, this girl with blond hair, was my girlfriend. There was another girl and two guys. Never seen any of them in my life.

Anyway, we're there looking at it for who knows what reason, because I hate zoos, and somehow it manages to bash the door to its cage open. With this enraged battle cry, it starts coming towards us, smashing everything between us and it. My group of friends and I take off running, just as it crushes a spectator who was running too slow into a bloody pulp with a single swing of its massive arm. We leave the zoo, and seconds later it follows, crashing the gate down and climbing over it. It had such rage in its eyes: I could tell that its only purpose was to destroy and to kill. It seems we're right by some small city of big town, and we run into it, hearing calls over the radio and some kind of loudspeaker system that the animal has gotten loose and gone on a rampage, and to stay away from it at all costs.

What happens next is pretty horror movie-esque. We run into the city, beast trailing us, and all hell breaks loose. People start panicking and run confusedly every which way, and meanwhile, the thing is mauling crowds of people, entering buildings and ripping them down, but always headed our direction. Police open fire on it, but it only angers the thing more - its hide is too thick. So we run into this shop kind of thing, only it is a roof and open aired, except for the back wall. There are brick buildings on either side. It has all sorts of weird things in it, like hemp clothing, antiques, etc. One of my friends makes a beeline for a trap door located towards the back, and we all head down it, closing the trap door above us. It's pretty well lit for a basement, and there's a whole bunch of other things not on display down there. I run over to the wall off on one side of the (wooden) stairs down, and grab two javelins leaning against the wall. I toss one to one of the other guys and then open a secret door right in the middle of the wall. My girlfriend is in hysterics, and I push her and the other girl though, then tell the guy without the spear to go and lead them to safety. He knows what I'm about to do and just says "Thanks. I'll take care of them." The blond girlfriend asks "what about you?" To which I reply, "This ends now." I nod to the other guy with the javelin as the door shuts on the girl trying to drag me with her, and then heft my javelin, preparing myself, and recite a line from Horatius: "For how can a man die better, than facing fearful odds? For the ashes- OH SHIT!"

At which point the ape beast comes crashing through the ceiling above the trap door, crushes the wooden stairs, and turns to see us. We run around on either side of it, and to my horror it heads towards the secret door in the wall that is now shut and invisible - something that should be impossible, as it's impossible for the creature to know it was there... even though it somehow did. So I shout, and it goes berserk. It is flailing wildly, trying to hit us. I loose sight of my friend, and I shout again, getting as close as I can, and thrust with the javelin as hard as I can towards what I perceive to be a weak point on the back or near the armpit... just as an arm smashes into me and the world goes black.

I don't know if I killed it or not. I know that it killed me

Anyway, I have no idea as to what it means. Just thought it would be cool to share, and hopefully even if you can't make anything of it it makes a good story.

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i had a strange dream last night that involved me being in school. i'm not sure if it was high school again or college, i just had the feeling of having just started school, and the feeling newness that it had been a long time since i had been in a classroom. also had the feeling that things seemed a lot different this time. for one, everyone had smartphones and tablets and we were all consumed by them. idk what this is supposed to mean, if anything. maybe it's a hint that i should pursue education?

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I dont have a big ass

4. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Was it on your left or right?

5. storch

storch banned

We all carry personal baggage. All baggage originates in the past, and is therefore not real. The ego believes that the baggage is real and that it needs to be responded to--that past wrongs need to be righted. Of course, there is no way to change the past, and so the ego attempts to superimpose the face of the past onto anything in the present that even slightly resembles the past, and it does so for the purpose of having something to punish. But such an ill-conceived solution to what is essentially an anger problem is doomed to failure. And so the ego, believing that it is both the victim and the martyr, is certain that it is justified in defending itself, completely unaware that it is the one who is offending all--even the true self who harbors it. This is something common to all of us.

The gorilla in your dream represents your ego. It is bloated from the baggage it carries, and that’s why its width to height ratio is unbalanced. It is an animal. It is a destroyer of that which will not acknowledge its strength and superiority. If you fight it, it becomes stronger because it feels even more threatened. It will impose its will on all, regardless of whether the perceived offender is an enemy or a loved one. Where ever you go, it follows. Any room you attempt to hide in is no more effective than a room that is missing three walls. The gorilla knows where to find you. It knows all of your secret places--all of your insecurities . . . because it is your insecurities.

Ok, scratch that. Due to some new information that has recently come to light, I believe that the gorilla in your dream represents a certain Hip Forums moderator, and that the arm that smashes into you represents that moderator's finger, and that the experience of your world going black represents that moderator's finger hitting the ban-button. It sounds to me like you had a genuine precognitive dream. Congratulations . . . I think.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I thought all gorillas had big asses.

7. mojopin

mojopin Members

When I was younger, I frequently had a recurring dream of a huge gorilla chasing me. I'd run and run and run, until I got to this wire fence thing which was too high for me to climb over. So I found a gap at the bottom of it, and stuck my head under with the intention of climbing through it. Anyway, once I got my head under it, the gorilla would BLAAAAAAAAAAAAH right in my face and I'd wake up.
    I'd always wake up with my head down the side of my bed, in between the wall. Every single time

8. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

rather than considering the meaning of the dream, how do you feel about it? What does it inspire you to do?

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I think the dream demonstrates a clear impulse toward the heroic. So maybe you could do some heroic thing like become a volunteer firefighter, ER doctor/nurse, etc.

If you can return to the dream, ask the zoo to refund the cost of admission.