So, the Pope says there's no hell, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Deidre, Mar 29, 2018.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

heaven and hell aren't places. they're how you experience wherever you are.
    part of that is how you make yourself, and part of that is how you make everything else by how live and act, the example you set, and how you affect everything directly.

you live in a statistical universe, which means you don't control anything absolutely except what you choose, but you are absolutely responsible for doing so.
    you can have all the gods you want, or whatever you want to believe, but some things are just the same whatever there is.
    evil isn't a side, its a form of behavior, and being aggressively illogically inconsiderate, is that kind of behavior.

goodness and the desire to be feared are absolute binary opposites. logic, consideration, honesty and imagination together make heaven,
    and hating any of those four, is what turns any heaven into a hell.

and if you have the problem of thinking everything should have to be all the same kind, then any heaven is going to be a hell for you,
    because in a real heaven, every kind of everything that's not about causing harm is welcome there.

Driftrue and Nitocris like this.
  2. You will create monsters in the subconscious by engaging in any behavior that is offensive to you. Especially anything that harms the body.

Nitocris likes this.
  3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The new pope is everything the Catholic church traditionally hates, but modern Catholics love, which is enough for him to get my support. He was elected only because his predecessors were dropping like flies, and they were tired of replacing them so fast. Perhaps God was hinting he wanted someone different. Whatever the case, I believe he's right and there's no hell. For me, life is a thoroughly homogenized version of heaven and hell, and is a gift we are given with no obligations. If you don't like your gift, feel free to return at any time for a complete refund, but the fact that suicides are almost always people with poor impulse control and quite rare in most cultures, suggests few people seriously believe it isn't worth it. No pain, no gain, because too many people are just flat out lazy. If there is a God, he knew who he was dealing with and that hell is redundant when people are so often their own worst enemy.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well my worn out boots are taking me to town and I'm gonna start some trouble and I'm gonna get loud. Serve me up a drink and I'll shoot it right down and jump up on the bar and yell ONE MORE ROUND!

I'm going straight to hell, ain't nothing slowing me down.
    I'm going straight to hell, so you'd best better get me one more round.

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Have fun.

6. Straight to hell

7. I long to be one of the people touched by the light.

8. parua

parua Members

The Pope dresses funny, but I don't really pay too much attention to that either.

Toasted Oats likes this.
  9. Do you talk to Someone other than yourself?

10. I talk to "God" or the "collective unconscious." I literally do. It's not like a conversation, either. I can't ask question and receive answers. it just tells me things and directs me. People speak with power untold. That much I can say. People are not just "people." They are part of this great, larger thing that can speak in complete synchronicity. They break the pattern, in my mind.

Sometimes I talk to Cindi and Clint. They love me. I desperately need love. I'm so, so alone. I reject myself, and desperately need to be accepted by someone.

Driftrue likes this.
  11. Henderson

Henderson Banned

You're not alone all the time. You're not alone now. And other than that diaper incident, I totally accept you. :grinning:

12. There was no diaper incident.

13. Rags. It was a picture of rags.

14. Henderson

Henderson Banned

Look, I'm willing to compromise. Let's just call them diaper rags and be done with it. Never let it be said that Henderson is not willing to negotiate.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hell or the "underworld" in many cultural traditions is a fictional concept of flames and demons etc. But thats not what the "underworld" actually meant in ancient times. The underworld was referred to the southern hemisphere on earth, and the first religions talk about how the Anunnaki created, enslaved and used humans to mine for gold in the Abzu, or Southern Africa. Since the mines were much heartache and toil for humans, it's easy to see where newer formats of religion like Christianity actually get the idea of hardship in Hell, it's just highly fictionalised in comparison to its true origins.

16. Desos

Desos Senior Member

I think that the christian concept of heaven and hell is terribly wrong.

When I was growing up I was taught that anyone who is good and believes in Jesus is going to heaven, and everyone who is bad or doesn't believe in Jesus is going to hell.

Over time I learned that this is not the way that things work at all.

Ok so when you die you initially either go to a place of rest or a place of torment, but this is actually only temporary. I don't understand it completely so for now lets just talk about Abraham's bosom (a place of rest) and Hades(a place of torment), but there could be more places like these ones. So when you die you either go to Abraham's bosom or Hades. You can see this in the story of the rich man and Lazarus. Luke 16:19-31

Now, when Jesus died he went to Hades/Death and paid for the sins of all of humanity in three days and nights. But Hades couldn't hold Him, and He was given the keys to Hades and Death. Revelation 1:18

This made it possible for men to never have to go to Hades.

So then basically what all the dead are waiting for is the end of the age, and we will all spend this time waiting in either a places of rest or a place of torment. But just because you initially go to Hades that does not mean you are going to be in hell for eternity, if you are able to atone for the mistakes that you made during your life in death.

Now when the end of the age comes first the dead in Christ will be ressurected. Then they will reign with Christ for 1000 years. But the rest of the dead will remain asleep. Revelations 20:4-6

Then after 1000 years the rest of the world will be judged. But it will actually be fairly quick because it seems like the judgement will have already been made by this time, and everyone that can enter paradise will have their name written in a book called the book of life. Revelation 20:15. Everyone else will be thrown into the lake of fire. All that they will have to do is open the book and see if your name is written in it. But I said before that not everyone that goes to Hades will go to hell or as I prefer to call it the lake of fire, if they are able to atone for the mistakes that they made during life while they are in Hades. So if after spending who knows how long in Hades, and then another 1000 years after Christ returns, and you still can't atone for the mistakes that you made during your life then at this point you will be thrown into a lake of fire for all eternity.

So then everyone else will go to heaven, though the saints of Jesus Christ will hold a special place throughout eternity.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i really don't remember what i was referring to when i posted that, but my best guess is i was thinking of the man-gina guy. so no, he probably doesn't have me beat unless we're talking about some unusual contests.

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i do this.
    but have you tried asking questions?
    you should read conversations with god.
    that guy knows it was god speaking to him, but also knows it's his own mind.

19. There aren't any questions I want to ask. Something speaks through other people via synchronicity.

20. Desos

Desos Senior Member

Also I'd like to add that at some point the saints will judge the angels as well. 1cor 6:3