So, the Pope says there's no hell, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Deidre, Mar 29, 2018.

1. juggawatta

juggawatta Love

Me? Lol.

Last year I called out to God. I said, where are we on the map? I asked to know and God delivered the answer.

The answer was Steven Paddock. I recognized him as the rider on the red horse, given a great sword (his high powered gun) to take peace away.

Technically, the red horse had been riding long before Paddock and continues to ride. But it was through Paddock that the red horse was visible, recognized and fulfilled.

The black horse comes next but nobody knows when or where. We do know the black horse will come to affluence though.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, Ok.

3. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

I am a former Catholic for what that's worth. I really like the pope. He has made religion more about people and less about the bible. We live in a world with much inequality and I feel religion should be a force trying to level the playing field....but it does the opposite. He is pointing this out to the developed nations...they're not listening.
    Shame.

I am impressed by some of the younger HF posters that liked the pope. I really think the younger generation has the right ideals towards people and less regard for institutions. I hope they can keep these values.

Final caveat, I think the posters are young as their profile picture indicates this. Then again I am not a flower:)

YouFreeMe and tumbling.dice like this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the concept doesn't come from anything in your bible. it was invented by a man named dante, who was writing what may have been intended as satyre.
    so in that sense he's absolutely right. the only problem with stating anything absolutely about the unknown, of course is, that it owes nothing to what any of us tell ourselves or each other.

but if there's some parallel universe in which we can experience existing without our present physical form, which is to say, life, in its narrower sense,
    then if we can't accept the diversity of forms from other world which people who have lived there would think of themselves,
    then it is our own prejudices, our own uncanny valley, that would be our own hell, of our own making.

5. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

Shame on those within the church that have abused children. I feel for the victims and their families. I feel for those good people within the church who have had their reputation tarnished. I commend the victims in speaking out to obtain justice. May it be fair and swift.

Deidre likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sin sin sinner! You're all sinners!

scratcho likes this.
  7. scratcho

Damn reet!

8. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Amen to this.

9. scratcho

The pope says there's no hell? How would he know?

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's an educated guess.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Substitute "there's no hell" with any theological or metaphysical claim that any pope has made and the same question has probably been asked, at least since the enlightenment.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If he would claim the opposite perhaps.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Huh?

14. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Exactly. Come to learn though, he didn't quite mean it the way the media spun it. I'll defer to giving him the benefit of the doubt.

15. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

The Pope is not that honest.

In fact, I know he is a liar for a fact as I have the proof I need that this is an outright lie.

Even the bible belies what the Pope is lying about.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
    DL

16. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Stats show that the less religion in a country, the more peaceful it tends to be.

Regards
    DL

17. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

True. The religious are finally smartening up and rejecting their putrid Gods.

Regards
    DL

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

There's no hell.
    I say that with confidence.
    You won't believe me if you don't believe me, but I thought I'd say it anyway.
    : )

19. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

You are saying that with more faith than confidence me thinks.

There is a good reason that most atheists say there is likely not God.

They know that to say there is no God is a logical fallacy just as your statement is as it is un-provable.

BTW, I agree with you.

Regards
    DL

Driftrue likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The thing about hell is, and at this point we must look further past Christianity as by now, you should all realise that Christianity was constructed throughout the ideas of religion before it, that the underworld/hell was not a physical holding cell or a prison, but was actually the name denoted to the southern hemisphere.

The bible has been re-written and reworded so much it has almost lost its original authenticity, actually no. It has lost all its credibility and authenticity. The bible has been re-written to conform to one God, but the original word for "God" in its original format was written as "elohim". That is who God was reffered as. Problem is, that is a plural word which means "gods". Now let's look at Genesis 1:26 "let us create man in our image. Genesis 11:7" let us go down and confuse their language."

Clearly the original works of the bible were not written God, instead they were written about several gods or deities.

Now let's get to the underworld and hell. Now that we have established that in fact, there was always more than one god, and I will not capitalise that word, we now get to actually pick the bones about what biblical tales have actually told us. Now remember, everything in the bible is echoed through much older beliefs and structured tales. The underworld or hell, was actually the southern hemisphere and more accurately what the Sumerian called the "Abzu". Enki, later Christianised as Satan, had control of the underworld/southern hemisphere/abzu/ south Africa. It was here that human life started, but not for a joyous reason. The reason hell is known as a bad place is because the Abzu continent was an industrial mining zone and our creators (the gods) created man to take the toil away from the gods by mining the area of gold.

Southern Africa has always been a thriving gold mining continent, not just now but forever ago too. Enki was a part of the first holy trinity, he was given rule of this underworld, while his brother was put in charge of the upper zone or northern hemisphere. It is not a coincidence that the most prized archaeological finds are all found in the northern hemisphere, a heaven in its own right.

So hell was never this scary place used for fear mongering or a spiritual realm for your spirit if you were evil. As man populated earth, the gods became restless, nobody feared "hell" they feared being sent to southern Africa to work in the mines. From there, you didn't come back, you were worked through pain and tormail to eventual death, which is echoed through the interpretations of what hell actually was.

GreatestIam likes this.