So now that the Muslims BEHEADED someone, you still think we're the badguys?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Wicked Eyes, May 12, 2004.

1. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

God, you are an idiot.

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

just a point. THE muslims didn't behead someone, SOME muslims did. that just irritates me.

3. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

Yes, you are the 'bad guys'.

The bad guys are people who think like you. People who generalise and think that all muslims are the same, and all non-muslims are the same. Small minded, bigoted people who think their country is the best in the world, and see all foreigners as 'the enemy'. People who hate other religions and think that every member of a certain religion thinks the same and has the same political agenda. People who take pleasure from the loss of innocent lives during an attempt to help a country, because they're still angry about someone attacking them 2 years ago. People who think that two wrongs make a right.

It would be very convenient if all the bad people of the world happened to live in one country, or follow one religion, or look the same. But the truth is that these people are evenly distributed everywhere around the globe. You can't avoid them — they're everywhere. If you hate bad people for bombing your town, then bomb your town again because there are plenty of bad people still there that the first bomb didn't get.

4. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Um, okay. If I remember correctly the main reason we invaded Iraq was because of the "Weapons of Mass Destructions". Where are they?

We invaded a country for basically no reason. If someone got beheaded, that is more our fault then theres.

5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

VERY WELL SAID!

The weird thing is some people aren't really aware of this because they are thinking of the same circumstances in a different way. A way they have been taught to think.

Although they might see these things in others, they don't recognize it in themselves. Bigotry for example. You almost have to be a saint not to harbor a few prejudices. It's a culturally determined thing to descriminate against strangers, those who are different.

So we must become more aware of our own programming and change what is not up to par. We must UPGRADE our program in much the same way this site has been upgraded. I can find things easier and communicate better and more effectively to better results. That is what we all need to be seeking as people.

As we interact with people (or programs) that work better, that offer more options, more freedom of choice, we are attracted to them and after exposure and experimentation we adopt (use) those parts of the program (their lifestyle) we like and find useful.

So to grow we must continue to evolve (upgrade) our programming to be more adaptable and cooperative. Otherwise we will eventually "lock up" our resources and energy in battles over resources (incompatible programs!).

Religions are big programs that a lot of people run a lot of the time. Sorta like playing the same video game over and over and over.

Church on Sunday and Holy Days
    Pray to Mecca 5 times a day
    Football practice on Thursday
    It's all the same program loop.

How can you be free if you're locked in a programming loop?

How do you escape the endless loop?

How do reprogram your life?

Stay tuned...

6. Nick

Nick Member

You're damn right its not OK!!!!!!!!

7. Nick

Nick Member

We didnt invade a country....We raided a thug's strong hold on a piece of land and hostages.

No one asked for him to be beheaded. Some crazy rag heads did that.

8. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Yes, and Bush dislikes oil. *rolls eyes* What planet are you from? Ooh, that's right: Location: Texas

You know, you'd better watch out before you start giving Texas and Texans a bad reputation. ;)

9. FREE

FREE Member

talkin from someone whos been about there in the gulf and all,i seriously dont know what to say,i am currently in the military but ive been a peace monger since way before i joined and this conversation makes me pretty sick,after all my years in this,i dont see how justifying either side makes sence,on one side your against what were doing there,and i am to,its sick and sad to see pictures of american military having smiles while they make their enemies do stupid sick shit that would make me wish for death and on the other side,it kills me to know that so many are against what were doing there and knowing that no one marine or sailor or anyone wants to be there in the first place,you can take it from me,a sailor who doesnt agree,WE DO NOT WANT TO BE THERE,some have their reasons for having to suffer through it,wether its to support a family or to show face to their backround man,either way,its a no win situation.

FREE

10. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Free, I agree with most of what you said. However I do believe that there are certain people that REALLY GET OFF on power trips during wartime (& peacetime), and LIKE doing what they get to do in wartime.

Raping & Pillaging are the standard rewards to the troops after the war.

Torture & Humiliation & Degradation are Sadists dreams that they get to live out with real people in places like secret prisons.

It sure looked to me like them soldiers at Abu Gharaib were having FUN!

And the real crime is that those images were already passed around to hundreds if not thousands of GIs who did nothing & said nothing about them.

The military has it's own code of "honor" that requires its members to not rock the boat. And those who do risk not only their careers and pensions but even their lives!

Since at first there were NO negative consequences to those who committed those atrocities, the soldiers who saw those images would've learned that such behavior was not only acceptable but probably SOP.

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

my brothers and fathers were soldiers, and they are good men. it would take a rather extremely simple-minded and inherently evil person under a special set of circumstances to ever think that was okay. you see some horrible shit when you're at war, but you still have a soul.

at any rate, the extreme outcry that these actions are having will surely communicate itself to those who are currently over there and may be on the fence about the issue. at least these photos got out, and the outcry will reverberate through those troops, and there will be a closer eye kept on those who may be tempted to commit such acts again. it may turn out to have a beneficial effect on the minds and actions of some very angry soldiers over there, i will pray that it will be so.

12. dharmagrrl

dharmagrrl Member

Sure it does, after the current administration is done sucking it dry of anything valuable that's left after the American troops and the puppet government that they are setting up are done with it.

13. Megara

Megara Banned

can you please show where the US sucking oil from the iraqis?

14. dharmagrrl

dharmagrrl Member

Well considering US troops have control of the oil fields and are using profits from Iraqi oil sales to pay for humanitarian aid that is necessary as a result of the mess that the war has created, and we are auctioning off contracts to rebuild the oil industry to American companies (Haliburton), I think it's pretty fair to say that we are robbing this country of it's economic autonomy. I'm not pulling this stuff out of my ass. The information is out there if you are willing to open your mind to it.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0411-09.htm

15. Megara

Megara Banned

so wait...we are using the oil to pay for things that help iraqis and WE are stealing it?!

16. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

i second that...please, everyone, read it again.. the war in Iraq is unrelated to 9/11

17. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Absolutely ... under international law it is the obligation of the occupying power to provide humanitarian support and pay reparations to the country it has invaded. By using the natural resources of the occupied country to pay for this obligatory aid the US is, indeed, stealing.

18. Megara

Megara Banned

Who has a mandate for controlling the country? The US..sorry, we are not doing anything illegal. We are not putting their oil on tankers and sending it back to fix our oil problem. We are using it to rebuild their country.

19. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

You miss the point ... using the occupied country's natural resources to pay for aid which under international law the USA must provide means that Iraq is in effect paying for America's obligatory expenses. Or more plainly put, the USA is stealing Iraqi resources in order to offset its mandatory expenses...

20. Megara

Megara Banned

no, it is you that do not understand. We are given complete control of the Country. The resources are ours for the period of the mandate(1 year). Their oil is ours until then. We can use whatever we want to pay for the reconstruction. We are in violation of nothing, we arent stealing our own resouces.