So now that the Muslims BEHEADED someone, you still think we're the badguys?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Wicked Eyes, May 12, 2004.

1. Mari

Mari Member

Question for ya...why shouldn't those contracts to rebuild Iraq go to Iraqi businesses? They are not all a bunch of sheep herders you know. Why shouldn't those contracts go to Arab countries for that matter. If Bush is REALLY there give Iraq back to it's people then let him start with the economy.

2. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

3. God

God Member

Wicked Eyes, HOW LONG HAVE YOU WORKED FOR THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE?

4. dotadave

dotadave Member

What's the difference between this and the hate crimes and harassment of american muslums after 9-11?

It's wrong both ways but we aren't so free of guilt.

5. Chongo Blanco

Chongo Blanco Banned

You're absolutely right. We are supposed to be helping the Iraqi people so the contracts should have gone to them first if they were capable. In fact there were many situations were the Iraqis plead with American contractors to let them rebuild things their way. A good example was in the very beginning of the reconstruction efforts when the concrete factories were being rebuilt. American contractors had very high ambitions to set the Iraqis up the with the best computers and machinery made. The Iraqis didn't want it, they didn't need it. In fact, the Iraqis scavenged enough equipment from old factories to get them up and running without the help of the Americans. We would have been better off to first spend only the minimal amount to get things going and then come back and improve if necessary. But that's America for you. But you're right, what better way to stimulate their economy. People argue that we need the money because our economy is suffering. Please, America's econmony is suffering. This country hasn't ever seen real economic hardship in the global perspective.

6. Mari

Mari Member

Ah yeah...this is where the 'threat' came from originally [url="http://www.faithfreedom.org/f...w.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1081[/url]

This so called threat came from some punk ass kid on some forum. Yup, that's really some terrorist....surre...

IF and that's a HUGE IF this is soooo serious why the hell are you not calling the police????? These things CAN be tracked.

7. Mari

Mari Member

You know they were quite capable of building massive structures and huge cities THOUSANDS of years before there ever was an 'America'.

The fact of the matter is that Bush was setting up contracts BEFORE the first strike ever took place...long before.

This war was nothing more than a corporate take over, only instead of the board room, it's being fought on real land and real people are dying instead of just losing their jobs. :(

8. Mari

Mari Member

jonny,

I do have to thank you for that link though...at least now I can see where some idiot I know was getting his wacked out information from! LOL Thanks for the laugh...you have no idea how funny that was!

9. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

which site are you refering to ? I dont know that much about what they are doing about this person threatening to play football with my friends head
    they have in the past got in touch with the fbi when people have stalked people on that forum

and Id find it funny too if people that I know like ali sina hadnt had their head choped about a month and a bit ago this person was warned to then three guys came and attacked him with machetes
    on that same day we got hit by a dos attack

10. Chongo Blanco

Chongo Blanco Banned

Mari,

That is where a lot of resentment for America has come from. For thousands of years the middle east were the innovators of the world and in just a couple hundred years the United States has completely blown them out of the water. They think that America is errogant because of it and we probably are, the same way poor people think rich people are.

11. Megara

Megara Banned

There were SURPRISINGLY few hate crimes or harrassments of american muslims after 9/11...i was actually PROUD and happy with HOW few there were. I expected a lot of general unrest and houses to be burnt down left and right. I was quite pleased that this was not the case.

12. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I find this original thread pretty funny. First of all, no one said that iraqis were good people. After all, it was run be a regime that lived off of torturing their own citizens. Yes, they are bad bad people. No morals, but Americans are supposed to be the good guys right?? and we maim, torture, rape, humiliate the iraqi people, and you want people to automatically sit back and say, "OH Yes, American soldiers are good folks", after finding out about these horrible things the iraqi people do which they have done for thousands and thousands of years? Ive always known they are bad people, that doesnt mean americans are fighting for the good. Its bad on worse, pretty much. And its even worse that the US blankets everything with the whole "pity us, we are the ones who got attacked on 9-11, we have our soldiers and innocent americans getting tortured". And we are fighting to overcome evil, so we are the good force to establish justice and freedom to a country that really doesnt want it?? yeah, we as americans are the good people.

13. Mari

Mari Member

No, the resentment comes from the US sticking their noses where it doesn't belong, for funding helicopters, tanks, ammuntion, settlements, a wall, anti arab propaganda, and most of all for denying the truth.

In actual fact Arabs have quite a beautiful culture, and they really do know how to celebrate life. Too bad not many people over here get to see that. :(

14. Mari

Mari Member

The faithfreedom site...honestly I didn't believe half the stuff posted in there. Not one of them that I read seems to have a clue about anything.

Did you actually SEE this attack happen?

No, what was funny was that I checked the member list to see where this 'threat' came from and found a poster on there that I had been posting to for 3 years on another forum. Now I know why he was such an idiot. LOL

15. MarkN

MarkN Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The 911 thing made me mad...and I was glad we went after the people that did it. But I knew before we ever went into iraq that it was a mistake. I told everyone that we were going to stir up a big hornets nest. Not just in iraq. What I don't see is a dialogue between the Islamic people and US. (USA) Why did binladen attack us in the first place? I don't see us going to them and asking them..." how have we ofended you?" The media doesn't ask that question either. Here is one truth of the whole matter: IF this was an obscure no-name country with no wealth or natural resorces....we wouldn't be there. So why is the US puting on this sarade of "we're helping the iraqies gain independence. When in reality its about the OIL. I think the US just wants to appearto the rest of the world, and our own people, that we are the good guys. Now, do you really believe that intelligent people on the planet are buying that bullshit? And of course, the old double standard "Help rid the world of wepons of mass destruction." Hey, we have more WMD's then anyone in the world. We manufacter the shit. I don't see us disarming any nukes.
    We will be there for 10 years ...minimin. We never should have went...it had nothing to do with 911. Its about oil. Hell, why not just secure the oil fields and give back there little tribal system. Let them play king of the shit pyle all they want. We can just ignore them. Pump the oil like a 2 dollar hooker. I don't want to pay $2.00 or $2.75 a gal all summer.
    If your that pissed about it.....join up....be a red white & blue sheep...get shot at a few times....pick up pieces of your dead friends. I can garrante you that it will most definly change you way of thinking. Its very very spooky stuff, and it does some unrepairable things to your soul. I know.
    You really need to step way back from this man, and look at it from a "human" prespective. Not from a news media generated american prospective. And please vote....get that idot out of office!

"dare to have a thought of your own"

16. Mari

Mari Member

Going after Bin Laden was never an issue with any country after 9/11. Pretty much the whole world was behind the US at that point. But then Bush had to go and throw all that support away by telling lies to get into Iraq. He brainwashed the American people by linking 9/11 to Iraq to gain their support. He wouldn't have had it any other way. People did buy that bullshit, and some still are, even though it has all been shown to be false.

17. Chongo Blanco

Chongo Blanco Banned

Mari man, I don't have a problem with putting blame on the Bush administration but you have to blame the democrats as well. I have posted quotes from many democrats and their hypocracy on this forum. Check them out, you cannot deny that.

MarkN
    Here is one truth of the whole matter: IF this was an obscure no-name country with no wealth or natural resorces....we wouldn't be there.

This sounds a lot like Afghanistan. Didn't we do the same thing in Afghanistan that we are trying to do in Iraq? What resources does Afghanistan have? Heroin?

The beginning of the hatred for America on behalf of Al Qaeda stems from our military presence in Mecca (Saudi Arabia) during/after the first Gulf War. The reason we were there you can decide for yourself, but if you want the truth check out U.N. Security Council resolution 678, which basically states:
    <LI>Iraq must comply fully with UNSCR 660 (regarding Iraq's illegal invasion of Kuwait) "and all subsequent relevant resolutions."

Authorizes UN Member States "to use all necessary means to uphold and implement resolution 660 and all subsequent relevant resolutions and to restore international peace and security in the area."
    During the Clinton administration, Al Qaeda was allowed to flourish, and when Bush took office the organization was so advanced that Bush's negligence resulted in 9/11. Whether or not that could have been prevented is a controversy, but that is another issue.

Alright, I can't help myself, because after posting this several times all I heard from people was: Well, it sounded good at the time. So here it is. This is how Bush brainwashed the world into going to war with Iraq...............

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [the USA], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

- Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.
    Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass
    destruction programs."
    - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin,
    Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of an ilicit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
    - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
    - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
    weapons throughout his country." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years,every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" Rep.
    - Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
    It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to
    miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real.”
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

If you want to blame Bush, go right ahead, but you CANNOT tell me that democrats are innocent in this whole mess. After all they did vote to give Bush war powers.........

18. dotadave

dotadave Member

Not to mention that it will probably give us a diplomatic penalty when trying to get them to agree with us on completely unrelated issues: future wars, trade agreements, tourism, and tariffs.

19. Mari

Mari Member

Ohhhhhhh....wait a second...I never said any of those people were innocent. I'm quite aware of all those quotes.

Bush did make the decision to go in there when he did. The inspectors never found anything, and then they were told to leave and protested the order, saying that they hadn't found anything and there was no reason to invade. Bush could have stood up and told the truth at that point but chose not to. He chose to lie, and to gain support for it, he lumped 9/11 in there as well. Which in my opinion was a very shameful thing to do. He used that horrible tragedy for his own greed. It happened while he was in office and it made him look very bad, he had to correct it, and he wasn't getting anywhere in Afghanistan, so he shifted to Iraq, hoping that the rest of the world would forget that they couldn't find Bin Laden.

I've seen that brainwashing first hand. My Uncle lives in the US and has bought this BS hook, line and sinker. Yet, when you bring up the fact that Iraq and 9/11 had nothing to do with each other at all, he is stumped. He hasn't a word to say, because he can't. He knows it's true, but he's bought in to all this, and all he can say is that the US government is right no matter what it does.

Believe me I can argue both sides of this issue if I want to, and I do understand your points. In the end Iraq was invaded over a big lie, and I feel that at least the American people deserved to know the truth about why their forces are there.

20. Mari

Mari Member

Yup it will. Support is going down more and more each day.