So my job made me cry today

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kinky Ramona, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

And I'll admit, I'm a pretty emotional person, I cry at a lot of things, but NEVER at work. I've been there almost two years and I've cried three times total. Once was on a reeeeeaaaaaalllly crazy day (prom AND opening day of little league all at once) and my boss stressed me out horribly, the second time was a couple weeks ago when I went to work upset and I just needed to breathe for a second, then there was today.

So, yesterday our ice cream machine decided to start being a complete toooool. It froze up on one side and the other side wasn't cold enough, so the ice cream was sloppy and waaaay too soft. Anyway, I spent ALL afternoon fucking with that thing, I even stayed later than I had originally intended to try and get the damn thing to work. No luck for me and evening shift had even less luck than I did.

So I got in this morning and the other shift leader (who worked last night) told me of their troubles, so I told her I'd clean it out and see if I could get at least one side working today. I was successful at first, the ice cream froze to it's normal state and everything was good. Then right before we open, the cake decorator and I were shooting the shit when we heard a weird gurgling. A seal broke in the back, so we had liquid ice cream just pouring all over.

Then, our district manager walks in for a surprise inspection. Evening shift did a shit job closing last night, so we BOMBED it. Luckily, I'm her favorite employee of all the stores she's over (I got lucky, she was my store manager for the first year I worked there), so she insured me the inspection wouldn't reflect on my job or my employment.

Anyway, during the inspection, we got a call-in, so I was at the desk in the back taking the order when I glanced over and noticed something that completely and totally made me lose ALL respect I even had left for the asst. manager. Yesterday, we had to write our in and out times down because our time clock server was down. Well, our original copy was gone and the asst. manager (who happens to be the manager's son) had rewritten it and botched my day shift times. He cut my drive-thru guy two hours and me 45 minutes. I was LIVID. Absolutely LIVID. That is a FEDERAL offense. And you bet your ass I reported it to my district manager. When I spoke to my store manager about it, she got defensive about how she "knew it couldn't be intentional. There had to have been a mistake." Whatever, he should have left the first ORIGINAL copy that we all signed and left it at that.

So, when Debi came to tell me we failed, I just started crying. She hugged me and told me that she knew me too well to blame any of that mess on me and that I had to stop trying to do everything.

God, I hope I pass that post office test and find an opening somewhere soon. I'm not sure I can handle that place anymore.

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

grrrrrr. oh the frustration of being the only one doing your fucking job, eh? pfft.

good luck getting the post office job. my husband's aunt just retired, both my godparents worked for the USPS. they have a pretty sweet deal!

3. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

sorry darlin, someday you will have a better job that is more suited to your abilities

Don't cry over a job at Dairy Queen. I am sure you stand out as being smarter and more responsible than most of the others there

4. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

hugs and love darling
    you're an awesome person and being emotional is completely normal
    you'll get through all that crap at work
    love love love

5. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

I worked at a coffee shop for years so I can totally relate...

It sucks when you are always doing more than you have to and still get screwed...

Hugs to you...go have a bubble bath and relax...

6. Kinky Ramona

Daniel and I had a shower when I got in a few hours ago, but a bubble bath sounds fantastic. We're going into town for a bit when our roommate gets home from work, I think I'll look into picking up some bubble bath while I'm out.

7. indian~summer

awwwww thats freaking cute you two showered together :D
    ok, i'm done being a girl

8. Kinky Ramona

Haha, we rarely ever shower apart. It saves time and water that way. Our water heater sucks, so it's nice to get both showers done at once.

9. indian~summer

whatever it's still cute

10. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

Save water, shower with a friend :D

We do that, too.

11. Kinky Ramona

It's a bonding experience, too. It's one of the few times we get one on one time to just talk. I can't even remember the last time showering together was sexual. Now afterwards, I can't vouch for, but during the shower, it's just chill time. Hehe.

12. seamonster66

I get cold showering with another

I like it really hot

13. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

I like hot showers too...we are looking into putting a 2-person jacuzzi tub in our bathroom...:D

14. mamaKCita

i get to shower by myself about once every few weeks.

15. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

Don't worry, they do get older...:D

16. seamonster66

FUCK YEa

I would do that if I owned a home

17. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Every time I'm in town and see Dairy Queen I think of you Ramona. :tongue:

You should kick the icecream maker.

18. mamaKCita

we want a jacuzzi "room" with a kegorator and big screen tv.

19. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

is everything at your store broken?

20. mamaKCita

i say we all make a point, in our travels, of going through fritch, tx, and fucking with that other manager person.