so long phish!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fractual_, May 25, 2004.

1. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

definately not rich, just determined. phish stopped being great sometime in 1998, i thikn thats when trey started doing heroin, actually. they/he never fully bounced back from that one. so then i went to string cheese tour, but after about a year, kang(the mandolinist) turned into a fruit cup, and stopped playing his mandolin a nd fiddle and there music startedd to sound like it was a rave. you gotta make your own music and be in love with yourself though, you cant rely on fucked up rockstars with low self esteem for your happiness.

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

you sound like a hateful dude...

i dont think phish changed his perspective, phish was merely the door to him changing, however, he had to step through it.

the movie violent influence thing is a little more subliminal i think, people dont go hey i want to be a pyscho serial killer! its more of a sub concious thing i think... so im not seeing much of a relation there.

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

exactily...

4. Willy_Wonka_27

i think the best phish cd is eather lawnboy or billy breathes

and i think there shows are what im gonna miss the most...i cant wait to get their new album...

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I'm so glad to see them go... not because I think they suck (I never listen to them), but because I associate them with terrible things. The first thing my son's father said when I told him Noah's due date was, "Oh...Phish is playing in Cincinnatti that weekend.... It's not like Phish plays every day..." Like he has a son every day.... Fucking moron.

I hope he cries over this and gets really sad. This means I don't have to throw rotten tomatoes at Trey when I go to Bonnaroo. :) Or maybe I do....

6. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

The fuckin shitty, seeing as i am yet to see them in concert, Damnt

7. dhs

dhs Senior Member

see, i expected this to happen soon. This was not the 'band's' decision - it was Trey's. He's cut from the same mold as an artist like Sting - he's a fabulous talent, but he's an ego maniac who has to do Trey's thing. Now that his success with Phish has enabled him to embark on a succesful solo career where its all Trey, all the time - he's going this route.

8. halloweenriot

halloweenriot Member

With the band split-up, Mike Gordon can now concentrate on his "artistic photography," - the fucking pervert.

9. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i think everyone hates phish because they download 1 or 2 studio tracks and base their opinion off of that. i think that alot of their studio stuff isn't BAD, but it's not that that great. It sounds very up, very constructed and kinda kiddy-ish... i dont know if i'mtheonly one getting those vibes when i listen to studio phish.... now... LIVE phish is AMAZING! it's the only phish i ever ever ever suggest to people. live phish is absolutely beautiful. not one thing that has ever come out of their live stuff that i remotely disliked.

Phish is definitely definitely one of the more amazing bands. they must stay together. i'm see ol' Trey at bonnaroo! that's going to be great.
    if anyone says they dont like phish, have them listen to anything live. they sell every single show on cd, and have dozens of concerts in the store ontop of that. i think phish is such a beloved and wellknown band solely because of their live albums, but i dunno, i'msure there are people who absolutely LOVE studio phish.

10. Cirrhosis

Cirrhosis Banned

Throw Billy Corgan in that mix as well.

11. Willy_Wonka_27

ive never heard any or there live cds...is there cheering in the background...cuz i hate when that happens

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

my husband was selling bracelets all over the usa at concerts, they'd sneak and sell them. he couldn't sell any at the phish concert because everyone was broke, though he did get many offers of sex for bracelets.

13. Cirrhosis

Cirrhosis Banned

What you failed to mention is that all offers were from men named Lance, Julius, or Francis.

14. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

OHHHH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! if you love phish, i promise promise promise you you're going to be blown out of this world. there's not too too much cheering and such, maybe when a peek settles down and such, a little cheer. they are such an amazing jam band. their songs are 20...30... 40 minutes each. you'll find yourself listening to moments of completely broken down music, very veyr suttle, very chillin, and it'll slowly build up, build up, build up, and halfway into the song you're knee deep in the most beautiful, amazing, adept music ever. it reminds me alot of live Dead. the music just takes you places. i really think phish is Live phish, truly.
    but definitely, not too much cheering and all that. half the time you can't tell it's live. i take it they have some pride in their recording, knowing fans just eat it up. they're always well put together. if you go on phish's website, they sell every show, recorded on a cd. i promise you, if you buy a show, or even buy a major show's recorded tracks at the cd store (live of course), you're going to be in LOVE. i mean..... LOVE. studio phish is NOTHING compared to live phish man. you're going to dig it.
    peace.

15. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

all things come to an end... it's too bad though...

16. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

I will probly take shit for this one but I was never a big fan!
    They were booed off stage when they came to Raleigh NC cuz they couldnt get their shit together on stage to play the show.............
    I think their live albums sound better than their studio shit but still I am not really into em..................

17. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

You Rock my Socks!
    it is ok that his father is gone.....I promise to be a good Baby Daddy!!!!!!!!