So I'm in amsterdam.

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by CircaX43521, Mar 19, 2008.

1. dgdys90

dgdys90 Member

Amen to that. I vowed to myself that I wouldnt go to the Dam til' I turned 18 (three more months!!!). I cant wait. I will smoke myself silly the first day I am there.

2. Xzei

Xzei Member

lie?

3. MaryJane69

MaryJane69 Member

that. fuckin. sucks

seriously. being in amsterdam at 14.... torture. you poor thing.

4. Ebene

Ebene Mountaineer

Dude if you don't smoke in Amsterdam I'll be waiting for you when you get back at the airport to slap you

5. elover

elover ritz with cheese

^what he said.

6. elover

elover ritz with cheese

^what he said. why are you in Amsterdam? I bet you're parents are stoners and tripping on some mushies

7. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

I think mushrooms were made illegal in amsterdam recently.

8. CircaX43521

CircaX43521 rat in a drain ditch

nope. They were in the one shop I went into today.

9. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

oh man i feel sorry for you, when im 18 im going to the dam, a friend who will be 16 at the time will come with a fake ID just incase. should be rad

10. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

11. Damn, 14 and being in Amsterdam, what a tease!

I would ask someone to grab me some, for sure.

Good luck!

12. crimsonbegonias

crimsonbegonias Member

you know, the whole age thing had never even occured to me until this thread hahahahah.

13. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

14. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

I stayed in Eindhoven for one night a few years back when we went on a road trip from UK to East Germany for some euro festies. Nice enough place, rather stereotypically dutch, quite clean and pretty. Weed was cheaper than AMS, likewise accomodation. It's pretty dull but pleasant enough...

If you're in that part of the world though it's worth jumping on a train to AMS, it'll won't be more than an hour and a bit and 10-20 euros... The Netherlands is smaller (geographically) than most US states and in mainland europe it's easy to travel between places (no borders between countries if you're driving).. It can be a bit tacky and touristy in places but there's some really nice bits of Amsterdam if you scratch the surface a little- Avoid the Red Light District, it's shit but worth seeing once.. De Pijp is nice, the weed's cheaper than bang in the centre and it's a bit less hectic, some good squats and social centres down that way too- Amsterdam's definitely one to experience and you'd be silly not to if you're that close by.. And it's a lot cheaper than Sweden!

15. undercooked

undercooked Member

I looked into it, and there are buses that go from Eindhoven's airport to Amsterdam, so I'll definitely go there instead now. I've never been to Europe but I've always wanted to visit the Netherlands because it seems like the place where the rest of West Europe traditionally exiled the subversive elements of its culture to. I have a lot of money to blow, so I've been considering visiting Portugal as well, but only because I have been learning Portuguese.

Thanks for your advice.

16. subtle_riot

subtle_riot Member

you wont even get asked for id, i look young and the guys behind the counter are too laid back to care

17. wutthe4k

wutthe4k Mr. Mojo Risin'

i actually have a problem too. i'm planning on going to amsterdam next year but you need to be like 24 to rent a car...now that's a major dilemma lol

18. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

i just got back from amsterdam, i was 17 and it wasn't a problem at all. just go in, try your luck.

19. Videoslave

Videoslave Member

But don't you have to be 18 to get into the coffee shops?
    I think there really serious about the age there.

20. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

nope, we just walked in like it was no big deal. if they had said something we would have said "oh sorry, didn't know" and left. It's a really chill vibe.