so i think it's about that time...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by miami musician, Jan 17, 2005.

1. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

people say that it's not the pot that makes people lazy, it's just the lifestyle. for me, i think this is a wrong way to think about it. i think it's about time for me to sloooooow down with the smoking. here are my reasons...

i'm 20 years old, i don't have a job, and i'm still asking my mother for money. i did horrible in school last semester, and i pretty much do nothing but party, smoke pot, eat and sleep. so, with the start of this new semester, i think some changes need to be made in my life...

for the past month or so, no one has been around. all of my friends were back home, i had no one to chill with basically. so during this time i only smoked like once every three days or so. in the beginning it was kinda hard to do... but as time went on, i realized that going a few days without smoking wasn't that bad. in fact, it cleared my head for a while and made the times when i did smoke more enjoyable.

so with that mindset i will go into my new semester. during the school week, no smoking for me. i have to be work oriented. and i feel with less smoking i'll have more energy and enthusiasm with everything, especially with looking for a job. i won't be spending like $50 every 4 days for a bag of pot... and the times when i do smoke i'll be much higher than if i didn't.

i figure, i'm at that point in my life where my work has to be put ahead of me getting fucked up. that was all good and fun when i was a teenager, but i'm more than halfway done college and the real world is waiting for me. so my music, and my schoolwork i have to put ahead of smoking.

so that's my plan. whether it works or not, i'm not 100% sure.

2. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

sounds like a good plan dude, slowing down with the weed is definetleya good idea when it starts to interfere wiht schoolwork.

3. Foppful

Foppful Member

Good plan and good attitude. I just made a resolution to stop smoking on school days, and you're right, it's great to be clear for a good while. Smoking is so much more special when its occational. Good luck man.

4. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

I'll be cheering you on man :)

5. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

respect to you.

6. PhluffHead 4

PhluffHead 4 Member

good luck miami.

7. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

Hope it works out for the best miami.

8. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Sounds like a good plan, miami. You seem like a guy who's got his priorities in order, cheers to you, man. :)

9. miami musician

haha, you don't know me well enough then... haha! :D

i think i could give it a real shot though, i'll keep you guys updated.

10. volatileBunny

volatileBunny Member

Just don't replace weed with another abusable substance/behavior. I know too many people that got caught for weed and they use cigarettes, or questionable sexual practeces, ect. to fill the gap.

Good for you for admiting when something's a problem, not many people are strong enough to admit when something's salting their game like that... props.

11. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

well, you seem like you're making an attempt at getting them in order, anyways, haha. I say, college is too fucking expensive to just slack off the whole time. If you're going to go, you should do your best work. School first, parties second. Otherwise it's just a really expensive social club...with tests and homework. :-\

12. thrawn

thrawn Member

If you really want it man, you dont need anyones support. Good luck bro

13. someguy142

someguy142 Member

i was able to maintain a 3.5 GPA while smoking atleast a dub everyday but it is not something that most people can do....i agree that you should cut back and try and to something else besides smoke all day

14. AannaSolo

AannaSolo Member

good for you, the effect is much more of a high after a few days off - the real secret to hapiness is to do something to make this world a better palce.

15. miami musician

well yeah, in high school i would go in to school high everyday, i graduated with a 3.8 GPA and was in the top 15% of my class... but that was high school man, college is sorta on a whole different work ethic level. not to say people can't do it cause i know plenty of folks who smoke all the time and do wonderfully. i just don't think it works for me personally...

16. dmgreen

dmgreen ~Hugz 4 All~

I had to take 21 credits a semester while I was in college! I graduated with a 4.0 and smoked at least 4 dubby's a day! I just made sure that it didn't effect my school work. I guess I am not a lazy pot head.....it made me more creative, which made me get my work done faster.
    Good luck man! What ever it takes to make your future a bright one....do it!