so, I got a second job..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hilder, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

My neighbor at old lady's, whom Ive been feeding since I started working there almost three years ago called me yesterday afternoon, and asked me if Id be willing to cook for her and her family a few nights a week since she is too busy to cook, for a fee.
    Ive been thinking about it, and it seems like a good idea. She would provide the groceries, Id cook at old lady's and deliver the food next door.
    I already love to cook, and she already loves my food. I cook every day, so its not like id be going outta my way.
    I have to talk with her about what Im gonna charge, but im thinking 100 to 150 a week, depening on how many meals a week i make and how long it takes me to prep, cook, and clean up.
    Im also thinking, that since my sister needs a job anyway, Im gonna teach her to cook american food so she can take over, and cook for her, and she keep the cash since she needs it, and that way, I wont have to give her money, and she doesnt have to find day care for Calleigh Ann. 400-600 a month aint bad.. if she doesnt wanna do it, It would be a nice additive to my regular income, which would pay my rent all by its self, and id have well over 1600 bucks a month to do other stuff with, or save (yeah right) :p
    Opportunity is a knockin..

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Sounds like a good opportunity! Congrats!

Hmmm, wonder if I could find someone who needs me to do something like that for them around here. My neighbor lady is single and is constantly eating take-out food. She says she just doesn't ever feel like cooking just for herself. :p

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

even if you cooked 5 dinners a week 150 bucks seems really high..

unless of course the folks are rich,then not so much..

4. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

well, thats what I thought, but, I mean, cleaning up after a meal, especially a big meal for 6 people, is alot. its alot of prep too.
    They're not rich, like live in a mansion rich, but if she's got enough to hire someone to cook for her, they must have a bit of cash laying around, right?
    I was thinking more like 70- 100 bucks, she came up with 150.. I dunno, we'll talk about it when I go back to work tomorrow, but really, anything would be cool, since I wind up giving my sister about 100 bucks a week anyway that I could be doing something else with.

5. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

oh wow,i didnt realize there were 6.. when dilli did this she charged 5 bucks per person per meal so in that case 150 bucks sounds about right..

6. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

Yeah, Theres two adults and 4 kids and thats when their two 19 year old twins arent home.. thats 8 people. you know the dude can shovel food down like all ya'll men are capable of doing. I watch my bro in law eat so much food, and not gain an ounce of fat.
    Fucker.

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

Good for you:)

I used to juice for a lady. Had to shop for her and then spend hours at the juicer. 10 hours a week, $10 an hour....so it was an extra $100 in my pocket.

That was until she started telling me how to live my life and got weird on me....then I slammed her key on the counter and told her good luck in life.

8. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

That sounds perfect for you!

9. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

That is cool
    as hell!:D

A litttle stoned here.:)

10. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

Yeah, It is.

Im glad you're stone, I am too. :D

11. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Sounds like a win win deal and you might even have a little food left for you to!

12. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen