So how's it been going?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by rayne_lyric, Jun 11, 2006.

1. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

I have been camping for a few days, and as a result unable to get on here. Camping was okay... But "she" STILL hasn't returned my call! I actually called her last night from the campground. It went straight to her voicemail... which I thought meant she was on the phone with someone else... so I called her several times to see if she would ever get OFF the phone... Later I found out it meant her phone was off, and that they would show up on her missed call list... Then I was like. "Holy shit! What the fuck!? She is gonna think I am stalking her!" So I explained it to her, I hope she understands.... I hm waiting to hear back from her, and hopefuilly she will find it a humerous story... and not be creeped out...

Anyway, camping was okay I suppose...

How has everyone been here, in my absense? What is new?

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Uh... generally, that means a person's cell phone is off no matter what the model or provider is.

3. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

it makes a busy signal noise when someone's on it already.

and if it only rings twice, then goes to voice mail, they probably hit ignore.

and i had a good weeked. got a lot of my quilt done. drank some. saw Rumor Has It (bad movie). and now I'm getting ready to take a nap, I thinks.

4. wildflowereyes

oh and my phone, when turned back on, doesnt have it show the missed calls from it was off.

but maybe its just mine. its a piece of crap.

5. Orsino2

I don't even have a cell phone (If it's really an emergancy, that's what payphones are for... I believe we've made it a good hundred or two years without the damn things). In fact, I left one at a food-lion just so people would quit calling it and my parents would cancel the bastard.

6. wildflowereyes

i have it so my family can get ahold of me in case one of them gets in the hospital again.

payphones dont work in that case :p

7. Orsino2

I know, everyone always seems to get them for situations like that... but then people end up running up $500 bills and whatnot and going way out of control with text messaging.

That's where companies make their money.

8. wildflowereyes

yeah.. i dont use it that often. i'm not much of a phone person. so i have the smallest plan of minutes, and never go over.

9. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

ahaha i keep gettin stuck camping with my family too!
    just got back..

my parents decision to get a camper..dunno if it's good or bad yet. pretty good so far though :D

10. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Well, my friends phone goes straight to the voice mail when someone is talking on it... I think it varies carrier to carrier...

glad to hear you all have been doing good without me. :D

Micha, I hate campers... Love camping, but would rather sleep in a tent or outside... I slept in my car when I went, my parents have a 5th wheel camper. I think campers are uncomfortable, but camping is always awesome. :)

11. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

i kind of miss camping. my family doesnt go so i used to go with boy scouts. well, on account of i really hated boy scouts and they suck the fun out of camping, i quit and havnt camped since.

but thats something i wanna do one day, me and a couple of good friends get a big bag of green and go camping and sit around the campfire with our joints. that would be awesome

12. spooner

spooner is done.

George, yeah, we all know you don't like cell phones. You don't have to be a snob about it.

13. Orsino2

I always thought it was the other way around... ain't my loss.

You know, snorting yeyo off the dashboard while on a Motorola Razor with a headset, talking to your massage therapist or a spiritual advisor about constipation troubles...

14. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

I went to a future soldiers function yesterday, and threw out my back and pulled a shitload of muscles playing basketball and dodgeball there. But then my dad bought me the new Grand Theft Auto game, so sitting around has been fairly alrite.

I wish I could go camping. :p

15. Micha

yeah i like tents too
    but not with my mum and stepdad
    i'd rather be in a camper if i'm with them just because they annoy me and i can get away from them easliy :p
    we have a 5th wheel too..
    pfft.

16. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Yes, I understand. I have never had to, and I don't think I could tolerate sharing a tent with my parents. Nothing against them... But it feels weird sleeping in the same room as them since I am not 4 anymore ya know?

I usually bring my tent along and sleep in it whilst they are in their camper. But, I coulnd't find a place to put it up, so I slept in my car, which is more comfortable than most people would think.

17. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

I don't know what a future soldiers function is, but it doesn't sound too fun... especially when pulling one's back muscles. So I am sorry to hear about that... If you like GTA, good for you man! Not a fan myself, mostly because I don't like video games, but good for you.

I hope your back starts feeling better!

18. Micha

i bet my car is gonna be compfrable:Dahahahha
    comfortabl....

you know..