So Apparently I'm Mentally Ill

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TipsyGypsy, May 17, 2016.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And yet, you will probably outlive most of us, most of the guys your age anyway, and pretty much any member here that's older or near the same age.

During those final moments, that last gasp or air, which is still probably 30 years or more away for you, everyone feels alone

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Is it excellent advice really?

Telling someone with depression, "oh just occupy your time with positive vibes"

Kind of asinine really

Varmint likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Well thanks, now I'm depressed.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Its not the worst advice for someome suffering with depression actually, it is how I pulled myself out of a long depression several years ago, basically by only allowing myself to only do activities that fed my soul in a positive way, and to do them in a very mindful way. It sounds cheesy but it worked, after a while.

But alcoholism and addiction is a different can of worms. She really has to want and be willing to accept help.

5. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

That's not what the post said. And I emphasised on doing something constructive. Because that usually makes people feel better about themselves.

Piobaire likes this.
  6. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

It doesn't have to be something constructive. It just has to be therapeutic and something the person likes putting their mind on.

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

You have us.

8. newbie-one

if you don't know how to help yourself, you will have to trust someone enough to let them help you

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So does doing something destructive

She should break some stuff

10. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Telling me to do something positive doesn't help me when its like this. I can't see positively and I can't do anything.

Self harming helps. Might not be ideal, but it helps.

PGA likes this.
  11. newbie-one

It's easy to give advice and much harder to take it, even if you agree with it. I'm just hoping that something works out for you

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Just watched this movie last night and thought some of the views expressed were pretty accurate depictions about a diagnosis you don't agree to. Maybe you know what I mean...

[​IMG]

13. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

Tipsy, you talk about drinking, using drugs, self harming and wanting to die. It's a lot of negatives going on.

If you're really looking for a way out, perhaps doing it with small steps would make it achievable.

You didn't get there overnight. The way out will also be long. But any small improvement in your situation would be a step in the good direction. "Good direction" is wherever you feel you'd be happier.

Small steps, beginning with the easiest one for you.

If it is a mental illness, or not, whatever label is there, the important thing is your well being.

I'm rooting for you.

Branleur and Just_a_woman like this.
  14. PGA

PGA Senior Member

Hi
    Hi TipsyGisy
    How are you? Have you got better? I hope you have come along with your mental feeling. I appreciate it if you replay.

15. Rotten Willie

Rotten Willie Members

If it's any consolation, everyone is mentally ill, it's only a matter of degree.

Zombiefood and PGA like this.
  16. Zombiefood

Zombiefood Enter my world HipForums Supporter

Damn- I read this and of course I don’t know you, but I know how you feel. Not 100% you, but I’ve been in such dark places. For a year when I was diagnosed with mental problems I would not believe it because my anxiety symptoms were physical. With all due respect it’s nothing to be ashamed of. Your psychologist is mad at you ? That trips me out and wants to ask why……..( no pressure to answer ) Thankfully there’s so many options for treatment. I was all about just getting my meds and bouncing. I need therapy so bad to figure out the root cause.

Drugs and substance abuse can cause serious or not too serious mental illnesses as well as a lot of the times a dual diagnosis is there and left untreated. Dual diagnosis is when you have a mental disorder and you self medicate ( drugs and alcohol ) that’s what got me started in abusing things. Makes the mental illness short term better, but long term you lose the ability to feel pleasure. Dopamine isn’t released like when you abuse a drug, Takes a lot of time to get your brain back to normal. By no means am I telling you that your doctor is right. I’m just talking as far as me personally. It’s so hard to believe I get it. Once I started believing and understanding what’s going on, I was able to treat it.

Shiz, if I was you I would try CBD and see if it helps. Or Melatonin, Valerian root, or just type in anxiety relief at the Walmart or Amazon website and they do have legit protects that help with mental illness, and if you get something to what they say you have; you’ll be able to see if they’re right. Good luck and if you EVER NEED to chat hit me up. I wish I would take my own advice. Not sure what they say you have, but anxiety someone needs reassurance and is usually preoccupied with what’s wrong with them. I’ve read and learned so much about medications and mental illness I could probably get away with diagnosing people. I’ve been studying it for legit 20 years so I’m here for you. If you want to cuss me out or be a proper bitch to me it’s fine!

PLEASE consider not keeping it bottled up inside.

I wish you new how much I understand what and how you feel. They say time heals everything. That’s shiz, but it does make it easier. So many treatment options. Wish you the best !

17. Zombiefood

Zombiefood Enter my world HipForums Supporter

So true- these days if someone doesn’t have some sort of disorder they have a problem or something.
    Ever since I opened up to people about having mental issues and an illness I don’t feel like anyone defines me and if they do f em. So in point your response.