snowfooted tonight

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by txbarefooter, Dec 7, 2017.

1. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

it actually snowed about 3 inches here in southeast Texas this evening. I know many think 3 inches is not a big deal but when you see any amount of snow about every 5 to 10 years, it is a big deal. anyhoo, I walked around my yard in it barefoot. the cold stinging sensation from being in snow was pretty neat experience, far different from barefooting when it is just cold.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Prefer Walking In A Frost To Snow......Frost Has Big Crunchy Crystals

And Snow Has Very Fine One's That Sometimes Sting A Bit......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

3. Barefoooter

Barefoooter Avid barefooter, living barefoot all year round

We have snow more often here in Germany. I like to walk barefoot in the snow, a litte hike in the forest for example.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've been barefoot in the snow before, but i prefer to avoid activities that are painful and have no apparent benefit.

5. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

It's a unique experience all right, and I get to do it 6 months out of 12 every year (though I'd much rather just take longer summers instead). But I only do it when I'm absolutely in control of my surroundings, to protect against frost bites. For example, always keep your house key with you, and preferably one door unlocked, so you don't accidentally get locked out of your own house when you are without your shoes in the middle of all that ice. Simple things, but could still make a big difference for your safety, if neglected. -10 Celsius (14 Fahrenheit) already gets very nasty very fast, when you challenge it skin bared. Stay safe.