Snorting Valium

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Philly_Hippie17, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

I wasn't implying you couldn't quote the buddha because you weren't buddhist, it is just a personal pet peeve of mine when druggies quote the buddha because there is a misconception that the buddha was a druggie (thus the common nickname of a joint, "the buddha"). Because of this, people often have misconceptions about buddhists themselves.

I also was offended that you should use that quote because you represent the opposite of what buddhism means. It's not that your "wrong" to use the quote, it just doesn't make much sense...it would be like Jerry Falwell quoting Satan to support his arguments.

Although some buddhists use drugs, (I'm not saying we're all perfect and I cannot speak for them as to their reasoning,) drug abuse will get you bad karma (this is by the laws of karma itself, I'm not passing judgement). Another factor in drug use that will get you bad karma is paying for drugs. If you buy any illegal drug, chances are great that your money, when traveled up the chain, will be used to support exploitation, murder, theft, and a host of other negative things. If you are aware of this and still continue to buy, you will get bad karma. 80% of the world's illegal opium trade takes place in Afghanistan...what a great place to send your money! The same holds true for prescription drugs. When our friend Philly snorts valium, he is taking that away from someone who really could use the drug.

(SIDE NOTE: I am not preaching buddhism to people. I understand and accept that not everyone believes in karma. I was simply explaining to Fractual why I was so irked by his quote.)

As for your "well its natural so it must have been put here to help us with our evolution" argument, I have several questions: 1) Poisonus mushrooms/plants, deadly animals, and gigantic cliffs were all formed by nature. Were they put here to help us DIE? 2) If everything that is naturally put here good, then how do you explain GEORGE W BUSH? Bottom line: the organic-ness of a product means nothing when you talk of it's purpose.

By the way, I never said pot kills brain cells, but most drugs (including overdosing on valium, which was the orginal drug we were discussing) do.

-Kate

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

My apologies Fractual. Sometimes genius takes time. ;)

3. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

i have two pennies here... one penny says: smoke 'em if you got 'em... and the other penny says: ... i don't remember.

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

it's cool, your right. patience is neccesary in attaining a really open or still mind. take your time, and just try and really think things out beore you post.

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.

- Chuang Tzu

6. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Is that your way of replying to my last argument?

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

it was my way of telling you to open your mind

8. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

I Dont Understand why there was a arguement ??.

[​IMG]

9. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

You've already told me that 8,000 times. And I've told you 8,001 times that my mind already is open, you just think it's closed because you haven't met me in real life. Now could we please move on from this redundent "open mind" "closed mind" argument that is getting us nowhere and you respond to my post?

10. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

the only connection i have heard between buddha and drugs is sometimes people call hard drugs buddha, like heroin, or cocaine, but that is cleary a nickname and any educated person would know the buddha had nothing to do with either of those things.

afaik buddha was about attaining enlightenment all on your own, no help with drugs.

and i do not believe in karma, its a very pleasing and nice idea, but it just doesn't make sense to me. and yes a lot of people who are very heavy in the drug game(dealing and whatnot) are not very good people. why do you think that is though? because they have to sneak it! drug laws create criminals, remember that.

"Accept the reality that people want to change their conciousness, and make healthier safer drugs available for everyone"(or something like that)-Jerry Garcia

well just because a pot plant is natural, doesn't make it automatically a good thing. it coul still be put into the wrong hands, and cause a lot of trouble(i.e. the drug game, or selfish people... etc. etc..)
    remember that quote i keep falling back on, whether or not drugs lead to illumintion or degradation of spirit depend on the spirit in which one takes them.

and to that brain cell thing, i say, so what? remember my ' i may not have a recollection' poem..... i forget who said it but sometimes a little brain damage can go a long way(or somethin like that).

i am not trying to tell you to use drugs, but at least open your mind to the possibilities that drugs can do. drugs have done some very wonderful things for some people, and of course they've done terrible things also. but dont let the terrible be all that you see!

11. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

Strawberry why dont you stop picking fights ???

[​IMG]

12. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

where do you get all those kewl pics frm?

arguments are good man... they help us to learn, and grow.

13. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

I Just type stuff In Man , Random Stuff lol

[​IMG]
    Scottland Beautiful Hills

14. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Philly-I'm not "picking fights". Fractual and I are continuing on our discussion of drugs.

Fractual-Legalizing drugs will only create more problems. For example, if we legalize pot, we'd have to create more laws that go along with getting rid of this one law. In place of the law criminalizing pot, we would have to create laws that say you can't drive while high, you can't smoke it if your under a certain age, you can't smoke it in public, you can't advertise to children, etc. Then, if you're talking about legalizing all forms of drugs so that crack-dealers can deal in peace, what would you do with all the drug-addicted people who are poor (which a majority of them are) and still want help? You would have to create rehab centers for them. But since they're poor, they'd have to be for free. (we do have some of these, but they have limited availability--they only cater to drug-addicted criminals. By legalizing hard drugs, they would essentially be open to the public and would become overburdened). But everything in this world comes at a cost to someone. So who would pay for these rehab centers? If you say the government should pay for it, just look at how successful public schools are. And this is just for the people who want help...alot of people don't.

And then there's the issue of women--should women only be allowed to buy hard drugs if they can prove they're on the birth control pill? Because what happens when a women legally buys crack and then gets herself pregnant? You can't require someone to have an abortion, so someone (hospitals, the foster system, all supported by tax dollars) would have to take care of that innocent child who was born into this world with an array of health problems. What exactly would you say to the blind child with cerebral palsy who got that way after her mother was legally allowed to smoke crack? (no, it's not a scare-story, I worked with a foster mother and have personally met these types of kids).

And if your not talking about legalizing hard drugs but only the psychadelics, then where do you draw the line? Just how many side effects is a drug allowed to have before it is made legal?

I am open minded--I'm open-minded enough to see what drugs can do to families, to society, to poverty, to the individual. I understand that some drugs can sometimes be used for things beneficial to society (I am in love with the Beatles, after all) but to me, the risks outweigh the possible benefits. No one who has had any kind of 'spiritual enlightment' while on drugs has ever changed our world for the better. It may be beneficial to some individuals, but keep in mind that regardless of their personal view of drugs, some people just--for whatever reason--have really bad, paranoid trips. It doesn't help everyone and you shouldn't expect it to change anything. If it did, with the amount of people who have taken drugs over the years, some aspect of our "evolution" would have been improved upon by now.

-Kate

15. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

well the crack dealers in peace questions reminds me of something i read one time. in the netherlands i believe, they simply divide drugs into 2 categories, soft and hard. soft drugs are usually tolerated, and the harder drug users usually get help. and guess what, less people do drugs in the netherlands! ironic isn't it? i guess people just love to rebel! i'm not saying we should sell heroin at the local pharmacy with my j. garcia quote... in my ideal world, drugs would be legal if they were used responsibly! in this ideal world of mine, we would also inform people, as opposed to lying to them to manipulate and program them.

i'm not saying crack should be promoted like tobbaco, lol.

well psychadelics are relatively safe as long as you know yourself and are very comfrotable, informed, and know how much/what your taking. tim leary said it, they arent for everyone. like i said, we would inform people, this would be the major philosophy is to be informed, and use responsibly if you chose to.

your right to a certain extent, drugs CAN do bad stuff for the society an individual and a family.
    to me, drugs are not about benefitting society as you said they sometimes do. revolution is more of a personal thing i think. sure it might help creativity, and help make a better album.
    i STRONGLY disagree with that, a lot of people have found spiritual enlightenment on mushrooms, lsd, or even marijauna. they may not have changed THE world for the better(but thats quite the task in this day and age anyways), but they certainly changed THEIR world for the better.

[/QUOTE]when people have bad paranoid trips, they usually have bad and paranoid lives. remember when you take a trip, it is like a Huge magnifying glass looking at yourself. at your innermost workings, which a lot of people don't have the balls to look at, and they simply cannot handle the truth.

part of the reason it doesnt help everyone is because look how programmed people are now a days!!! really, we are brought up in a crazy world, believing some crazy things.

i am not saying drugs are the answer to make the world a better place, i'm not saying immediatley everyone spike the water supply with lsd! no way am i saying that.

but what i will say 'what would it be like if the world smoked weed? guarnteed thered be peace not greed'

i think if we did legalize some drugs, perhaps this would be one of the first steps to opening the worlds minds... if you can dig that.

i don't think drugs should be mandatory or any crazy shit like that, but people should have the freedom to chose! its a personal thing the way i see it. you chose your choices, and you chose the consequences. if people would just realize this...

edit* i think this my longest post ever on these forums, lol

16. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

If We Legalize drugs, Then What Is The Fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. sushi=addict

sushi=addict Member

Try snortin' prozac and get back to me. You can be our personal hipforums pharmaceutical testing agent. BTW, just where does a lil ol 16 year old get valium?

18. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

Ever mix Valium/ Coke Together??

19. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

no i have never done coke. although theres a small chance i might if the opprotunity comes up.
    'cocaine is a test, if your still doin it you failed'-the grateful dead(after a live performance of casey jones)

and dont snort prozac, it takes at least 2 weeks to kick in after taking it daily, so i'm pretty sure nothing would happen. and i imagine it isnt very hard for a 16 year old to get valium, being in high school.

oh and the fun in doing drugs would be being able to 'walking around this beautiful green place smoking, without bein afraid'-john sebastian at woodstock... man i am just a walking quote machine.

20. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

aye, kewl pics indeed, phill hip...
    I hope you have them all in the gallery, as they are ever so pleasing to me eyes, me beautiful eyes.