snorting codeine

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by high_down_under, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I don't really see the point in snorting a tab/perc.. WAY to much powder for such a weak buzz. I'll just pop those. Oxy on the other hand will be shaved down and snorted. Only way really to do it.

2. Triptronic

Triptronic Member

snorting suboxone shouldnt work, it has an opiate agonist and antagonist in it so you cant abuse it, or so ive read. i hear that if you try to rail or bang it you will get WDs right away. but thats just what i thought.

3. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

do it do it do it

4. trichome22

trichome22 Member

lookup prodrug in relation to codeine then come back here and apologize, lol newbs. Actually its more depressing than amusing.

5. nz-hydrrro

nz-hydrrro Guest

I think, and correct me if this doesn't seem logical.

If there's any question or doubt about one way to ingest codeine while on the other hand there is a perfectly safe way to do it, then why the fuck would it be worth the risk to deviate from that?

There's no problem with downing a bunch of codeine phosphate, or using a water extraction technique for other? You'll get as high as codeine will get you which is fuk all tbh.

'If it's got a bad rep from your peers as well as non-users then it's not worth trying'

6. bluebugeye

bluebugeye Guest

first time codeine snorter:
    just crushed half of a 30mg pure codeine. doesn't burn, doesn't hurt.. actually cocaine hurts more.

small buzz, just relaxed and a little zoney.
    good feeling. would recommend it for newbies. don't know if I will try to do anything bigger than 15mg at once, 15mg left a pretty fat line.... i cant imagine 30mg :eek:

7. frankenstein

frankenstein Guest

Same goes for tramadol then iguess? was thinking of snorting it but sounds like my time wud b well and truly wasted, if opiates are no use up the nose

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

man I snorted some tramadol once and was flying to the moon.. They are not OPiates.. They can trigger mania in many people. Me especially..

9. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Except for Opana. Thats the one Opiate that up the nose gives you the best BA without breaking out a neddle!!

10. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

see bottle, lol told ya so!!!!!!

I hope that eveyone NOSE the best way to do opana by now, lol maybe there should be a "Opana for dummys" thread, lol....

11. EggoKiller

EggoKiller Member

Snorting Tramadog? lol. Snorting Codeine? lol. Snorting APAP? lol. Smoking pills? lol. This entire thread was hilarious and made my day.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

do you have anything to contribute?? .. I like a good chuckle too, but occasionally O likes smoke content..

13. EggoKiller

EggoKiller Member

Yeah, I 'spose, sorry for the stupid forgetable post. I was once witness to a friend who snorted some tramadol, he said it did nothing and burned worse than anything he's shoved up his nose. I believe him. I think we all (hopefully) know that it's not ideal to snort APAP. Codeine? I've only ever had the liquid, so I really couldn't personally attest to its intranasal efficacy. Now, smoking pills. I know it works from being witness to people "basing" it. I don't disagree with doing it, I just feel like it's one of the more harmful ways of doing pills.

I'm curious to know if anyone has sniffed a tramadol and felt effects from it. Anyone?

14. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Yeah. I snorted Tramadol once as well. It was not opioid-like at all. It felt like snorting Wellbutrin, and for a good reason: Tramadol is a potent serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. It is only active on the opioid receptors once it passes through the liver by taking it orally. That is, its' metabolite is responsible for the opioid activity, and you will not produce the metabolite if it is taken intranasally. Thus, snorted Tramadol is like snorting Wellbutrin or Effexor!!

I never snorted it ever again after the one time. It was a freaky feeling.

Also, codeine is similar in that it is a pro-drug for morphine. So, pharmacologically speaking, you waste codeine by snorting it. It needs to be taken orally, so that it can metabolize into morphine via 1st Pass Hepatic Metabolism.

15. DamnYankee

DamnYankee Guest

:chillpill: Tylenol with codeine tablet #3 contains 325 mg APAP (Tylenol,) and 30 mg of codeine. Tablet #4 contains 325 APAP and 60 mg of codeine. Most generally any medication maybe crushed and then snorted; however, the damage to your nasal cavity / sinuses is the main complication.
    Snorting ANY medication will cause it to act quicker due to the absorption happening in the mucus membrane and sinuses. These will place the drug on a fast track into the blood stream due to the blood oxidization process. The stomach will take 30 minutes (at least) to pump it into the blood stream through absorption, and about an hour for full effectiveness.
    My suggestion (assuming the need is for immediate relief of more severe pain,) is that you take 1-2 tablets (depending on your approved dose,) and crush them into a fine powder. Then mix the powder with milk, make sure you ingest all of the medication as it will commonly stick to the glass walls. The physiology behind this is that milk is absorbed very quickly by the stomach wall; particularly via a specialized channel. Note that simply placing the powder into your mouth will also work, but will take a little longer for full effect.
    The down side is that the medication is not slowly put into your system; therefor it will not last as long.
    Long story short, let your stomach do the work and give your nose a break (there as sooooo many complications snorting anything that's not specifically meant to be.)

:scholar: