Smoking While preg?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by auddy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Aaah... good work, and touche!

Fucking Arky's anyway.:p

To be fair , you still haven't cited a case.;)( the study only mentions referrals.) I'm going to give you, someone, somewhere, might have their baby's taken for this, and if it is so, then it is not worth risking.

P.S Power to Moms everywhere!

ZW :peace:

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

the only thing i worry about in that particular scenarior is what does someone else consider "moderation."

i know that my uncle, who's a lifelong grower/smoker was at least as uncomfortable enough to not smoke while his wife was pregnant. i consider that repsonsible parenting.

3. mamaKCita

i pretty much considered it a good thing to go off all my meds while pregnant. you never know.

4. mamaKCita

also, i don't get how people can say that pot is so wonderful and no nonaddictive if people can't stop for a little while just to do the best they can by their kids. it's very very silly to me.

5. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

You could, the kid is your after all. Shit my mom did(only cuz she didn't know(I hope)) but I wouldn't.

6. azucena

azucena vagina farts

i just googled and found this one:

http://stash.norml.org/mom-booked-baby-born-with-marijuana-in-system/

but the link to the actual article on that site doesnt work. and i'm not paranoid, but even if they dont take the kid away thats still always gonna be on your medical shit that you tested positive and you'll probably be visited by some kind of CPS person at your home, i know someone that happened to. i dunno i just wouldnt really be proud of myself if that happened to me. not saying that it would, but its just not worth it to risk.

7. beautifulwarrior

beautifulwarrior Member

My fiance's baby mama smoked cigs consistently while she was pregnant with their son and smoked pot occasionally. He was born 2 months earlier and spent 3 months in the NICU. He has problems with his hearing and frequent ear infections, keeps a respiratory infection. He's developmentally slow (by about a year).

It's just not worth it. If pot is so non-addictive then 9 months without isn't going to kill you.

8. pushit

Yeah I was born two months early plus I had a heart murmur, but its fine now.

9. fricknfrack

fricknfrack Member

Yeah go ahead give the kid a bottle of alcohol while your at it. as well as acid and herion and E and make sure the baby gets a FASD and the baby will def be a heck of a screwed up baby because of all the REALLY bad decisions the mother made . STOP telling the stupid fucking goddamn harmful things she can do to her baby

10. fricknfrack

fricknfrack Member

So jfyi, my mom is so fucked up; i was in the nicu for 2 months mom was 28 weeks when she had me 5 lbs the size of your hand. my nans nicknamed me dolly.
    - i had a disability
    -developed asthma
    -have ear infections ALL the time
    -have a hearing impairment
    - my immune system is shot to shit
    -i am 4 years below the avg 27 y/o
    - i am in college and get 70's 80's but no one ever thought i would ever make it but only me. have to prove my grade school teachers , high school teachers upgrading teachers tutors sister mother
    -i get infections all the time
    - i have seizures
    -Cerebral palsy
    -had a brain tumor
    --low oxygen
    -hooked up to tubes iv's for months on end
    i walk with a noticable limp with pride
    i also work with developmentally challenged people
    I never got nurtured in a loving home, but i am the type to nurture a love
    if someone says "i hate you my response " i love you" My mother i think in her own way loves me but can't say it to me. never was supportive and never will be 1st time she ever said i love you was on my wedding day imagine??
    24 years with out saying i love you?

11. pushit

You weren't that small, I was 2 pounds 13 ounces.

12. mamaKCita

it's so easy to make a bad decision. it's also really easy to make a good one. the standard i have is, if i have to ask if something is okay, then probably no, i shouldn't do something.

13. beautifulwarrior

beautifulwarrior Member

My fiance's son was about 2 pounds. He's still so incredibly small for his age.

14. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

Even if pot isn't "bad" for a fetus, the smoke is. Not only does it hurt you, but what it does to the baby is probably way worse, since it can't have actual oxygen, just what it gets from you.

15. fricknfrack

fricknfrack Member

pushit. whether or not 5 is bigger than 2 i was VERY unhealthy point proven

16. lynnzy

lynnzy Member

Ok, I had two kids in the 80's, two girls. One of them is 27 and the other 21 years old and they both have really good health, they are both super smart, one has a masters degree already and is making 70 grand a year. I smoked weed with both of them almost every day at least a little before I went to bed, and the entire time that I was in labour. But back then, there was no drug tests and now -a day a women can get in trouble legally if they smoke weed while pregnant. I had kids when I was young like you are supposed to though. If a women waits 'till she's 35-or 40 to have her first kid, then yeah, there is going to be more problems. But back in the day ( 70's and early 80's) women smoked weed the whole time they were pregnant and nobody was their to bother them. I DID NOT drink, I cut back to almost nothing on cigs, and I ate healthy. I only smoked a few toaks before bed, and not all day or anything. Now a days people are waiting longer to have kids and acting really anal about it...Times have really changed.:confused:

17. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

Don't risk it. Like someone mentioned, until it is legalized adequate testing cannot be done, and you stand the chance of having the government meddle in your business.

9 months without weed won't kill ya, but if you give in you could hurt your future and your baby. Is weed worth it?

18. auddy

auddy Member

I havent smoked since i found out, I really wanna smoke but of course i dont wanna hurt the baby

19. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

Good for you! Keep it up. Better safe than sorry, right?

20. fricknfrack

fricknfrack Member

I just seen a commercial that stated that smoking while pregnant can cause SIDS!! With all the other symptoms as well low birth weight asthma etc

I'm proud auddy you chose that decision!! Pat yourself on the back