Smoking Weed Before Battle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BongSolo, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I can imagine hash is even better for this purpose than just weed. It just often gives you this uppity vibe, like truly HIGH as opposite to that typical stoned feeling. You can keep your energy when high on hash in a lot of cases.

1 person likes this.
  2. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

I smoked some hash from a friend of mine, who smuggled it in her vagina from Afghanistan. It brought me up for 10 minutes, disabled my ability to formulate a complete sentence, and then crashed me like a pure indica buzz.

Death by couch-lock.

1 person likes this.
  3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Depends on the hash. Moroccan is a lighter more psychedelic vibe, some black though can be pretty heavy.

1 person likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Haha yeah it does depend on the hash! When I smoke hash it is often the light brown one, which is usually called 'maroc' indeed. But haven't bought hash myself in at least a year.

1 person likes this.
  5. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

Man, NatureBear, that's intense - glad you got out of that and found some peace, man.

6. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I should start hiding more stuff up there!

1 person likes this.
  7. Existensile

Existensile Member

Supposedly, during the 200+ yr of the Crusades (from c. 1095), marauding Arabs would load up on hash, then go out & slash up those Christian soldiers. They were called "hashashin," from which we get "assassin."

"I'd heard about military experiments with various drugs"

I've been unable to find anything on the 'Net about this, but I remember reading an editorial back c. 1970 about the U.S. Army's 10-yr study on the effects of cannabis on soldiers. The Army concluded that because cannabis tended to lower body temperature, it could infuse wounded warriors w/ THC &, as the phrase went, stack them up like cordwood until they could be treated. Don't believe the Army ever acted on this.

8. BlackBillBlake

^Check out Hassan I Sabbah -the old man of the mountain.

9. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Anyone seen Men Who Stare at Goats?

10. Asmodean

The hash use by the hashashins is not certain. It could merely be an association deliberately invented and projected on them by their enemies. But if the hashashins indulged in hash it is more likely it was for ritual purposes and not used when in actual action.
    Btw, hashashins were not solely or even mainly assassinating crusaders ;) Anybody of any faction could be their victim if they found reason for it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Yeps, liked it.

12. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I remind those I know that Pot doesn't make people stupid. It only seems that way because so many dumbasses are also pot smokers. But they were already dumbasses, the pot didn't do it.

2 people like this.
  13. BlackBillBlake

I think probably the whole business has become somewhat romanticized. Artists like Hawkwind and William Burroughs have certainly used the myth in that way.

14. Bud D

Bud D Member

I doubt weed would help the violent psychology of war. Peyote could be much better!

15. Scratched

Scratched Members

Hey man, (dropping weapon) let's sit and get baked.

hours pass, stoned all day. One says to the other "what the fuck are we carrying these damned guns for?

1 person likes this.
  16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Marijuana or any of the Classical Psychedelics don't sound very appealing to me for something like war.

I'd likely opt for meth for battle and Ketamine to cope. And injections for both, ain't nobody got time to wait around 2 hours for the peyote to kick in.

1 person likes this.
  17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Marijuana or any of the Classical Psychedelics do not sound very appealing to me for something like war.
    I'd likely opt for meth for battle and Ketamine to cope. And injections for both, ain't nobody got time to wait around 2 hours for the peyote to kick in.

18. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I'm seeing double and I'm not even slightly stoned!

19. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

I'm a former Navy pilot and also have smoked the occasional fattie in the past. And I can readily and confidently attest that Cannabis would be one of the very last drugs that I'd want to partake in prior to combat. Or flying. Hell, I'd rather drink a pint of Stoli before climbing into the cockpit than but a doob.

Of course, speed or Coke are the best, hands down. Mild opioids are sometimes ok as well. Helping calm nerves, with no real reaction time impairment. We could get either those or amphetamines prescribed from our Flight Surgeon whenever.

This was the deal she I served, BTW. I understand it's a tad bit more difficult to do that these days.

Cheers, mates.

20. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

I respectfully disagree, sir.

I'm a pretty smart guy. College grad, IQ around 120.

But, pot makes be into a drooling imbecile. Which is precisely why I no longer partake.

Last time I got baked I think I tried to take my pants off over my head.

LOL