smoking and creating

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by fractalated, May 11, 2004.

1. fractalated

fractalated Member

does anyone else find they are much more creative when they're stoned?

like, i'm sitting here writing a philosophy paper and it's only when i've had a spliff or two that i write really good stuff. and at about 4am when i'm not writing random shit on internet forums..!!

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

yep, me too :)

3. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Yeah, all the time. The people who say marijuana is not enlightining must not be using the same drug I am.

4. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Yeah, I've produced some pretty nice art while stoned.

If you want some real creativity, snort some ritalin, smoke a spliff and become picasso.

5. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I get really inventive with art when high. One thing I can't do though, I sure can't draw a realistic picture when stoned, I always make things more abstract and distorted, which can be cool in its own right.

6. Velouria

Velouria Member

I'm a songwriter so I write a lot of music and lyrics when stoned. But I can write pretty decent stuff without it too. Weed enhances creative skills but you shouldn't depend on it. I'm not saying that you do or anything tho.

7. fractalated

fractalated Member

yea i remember seeing but no idea where a sequence of drawings after someone took lsd. the change in style is incredible as he goes through the trip - becoming more and more absract but sometimes also producing an amazingly aesthetic rendering.

dammit i'll try and find the url...

8. fractalated

fractalated Member

here it is

from picture 5: " Upon completing the drawing the patient starts laughing, then becomes startled by something on the floor." [​IMG] aHAHAHA!!!

9. fractalated

fractalated Member

yea totally. i tend to have a crative binge - get loads written and then make it a bit more coherent the next day!

10. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

those drawings were pretty cool, but he should have used color.

11. AroundTheFire

AroundTheFire Member

Yes, I get burnt and refurnish old pieces of wood and the I paint little phrases on them. It's fun. But if I'm not burnt..I really don't have the motivation to finish them. hehe. Smoke is not my crutch, I say. :p

12. TripperofMusic

TripperofMusic Member

i come to conclusions in my head... i just think about something and it will go into this big thing about nothing. The clock goes slow, but everything else is going fast... weird?

13. StonyTheStoner

StonyTheStoner Member

I have had trouble drawing while I'm high, but, I did create one of my best flash animations while stoned, I wanted to see how it would turn out if I worked on it only while I'm high, and I just threw in a bunch of diffirent things I was thinking about during each sitting, It was pretty random, but it turned out kewler than anything else I've ever done with Flash.

Damn I love Weed.:cool:

14. HappyChild

HappyChild Member

I love to get wrecked and make hemp jewelry!

15. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i wanna learn to do that. a few of my friends know how, i need to get them to teach me.