Smoker or non-smoker?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Candy Gal, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I had to take a journey yesterday. Stopping at the motorway services for a quick cigarette, a lady in the next car asked me to blow the smoke towards her, as she was gasping for a ciggy. I offered her one of mine, she declined, stating that she was 38 years old and her mother won't let her smoke when she is with her. I told her jokingly to hide in the bushes and have one, and that I would keep a lookout. We had a little laugh.
    Now, this is NOT the first time this sort of thing has happened.

Very often when I have to leave somewhere to go to the smoking area, non-smokers follow...

Has anyone had similar experiences?

hippiemom420 and mysticblu21 like this.
  2. Candy Gal

My hubby I guess.
    Strangers talk to me all the time?????

3. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Smoking is a filthy health destroying habit Gal, and you really should give it up and just concentrate on the only habit that is really good:
    SEX!

My beef is that even when one goes into a pub garden, there are smokers of either fags or vaping e. fags stinking the place out and passing on carcinogenic smoke towards me.
    Even when there are children and babies about.
    I would ban the sodding things from ALL public places and treble the price of those coffin nails.

There.
    That told you Gal.
    Mind you Candy.
    I would still want to snog you.:hearteyes:
    But only after you have brushed your teeth and garged some breath freshener!

Cheers.
    Have a Wine on me! :laughing:

Bilby likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its what killed the pub rock scene though isnt it? Maybe

Sydney anyway, going to see a band at your local pub seem to die around the same time they started to ban smoking

5. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I agree that to an extent banning smoking in pubs has had a bad effect on customer numbers Dr.
    But at least the none smokers who are in pubs have far less chance of dying through lung cancer because of passive smoking.

Problem was in restaurants as well.
    In the past far too many (not all) smokers usually didn't give a toss if there were none smokers around them trying to eat.
    Children around or not.
    They just kept on smoking and were pretty ignorant on my memory.

Just the memory of those smoke filled rooms leaves me in a cold cold sweat!

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

non-smoker who understands tobacco is the second most addictive substance known to man, and of the two, by far the more available and popular,

but however addicted smokers might be, i don't believe that gives them a right to inflict upon me their second hand smoke, which is a deadly poison,
    and an act of at least negligent manslaughter if not outright murder. which it is all of that.

and yes deadly, people DO die of second hand tobacco and other forms of smoke, voluntarily inhaled by some of their inconsiderate neighbors.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so what's number one? women?

hippiemom420 likes this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

opiate derivatives supposedly. and yes, i'll agree even that is uncertain.
    i've known plenty of tobacahualics to suffer very real withdrawal symptums, just like alkies.

9. When I was a kid everything was full of second hand smoke, and I didn't die.

10. fundoo

fundoo Members

Bump!

I can't help myself. I quit smoking so many years ago, but am always interested in the subject and get a flashback craving every now and again (which is why I shouldn't continue following this thread to trigger that lol) But yeah, I mean, no. Lol I never heard of that happening. Honestly sounds crazy to me! I'd rather have the smoke and get the high than just get the damages of secondhand smoke. So, no offence to smokers, but I can't be around it because I don't like second hand smoke and even if or when I was smoking, that was not a perk by any means. Lol although...i guess the scent of cigars or even some cigs ...but no, that's not necessarily the smoke. :p ok, rant done.

Candy Gal likes this.
  11. Obie1989

Obie1989 Members

I quit smoking but now I dip. Not too much healthier for me but it's more convenient and second hand dip isn't really a problem for people.

12. Candy Gal

I also smoke a spliff now and again. So I smell. lol

13. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2020
    Bilby, mysticblu21 and Candy Gal like this.
  14. Handsinpants

Handsinpants Senior Member

I quit two years ago. What anyone else does is okay with me. But I feel good about it.

mysticblu21 and Candy Gal like this.
  15. deleted

deleted Visitor

Everybody want to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.

16. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Ex smoker several times through out my life. I’m currently on a 10 year streak. Not a day goes by that I have the urge fora smokes.

Mallyboppa likes this.
  17. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Used to be a 25 a-day + man. Cigarettes, cigars and for a while I smoked a pipe. Was forced to quit when I was hospitalised 27 years ago with a Pulmonary Embolism (I've subsequently had four more) so my lungs are total crap. I'm now Asthmatic, have COPD and pulmonary Fibrosis. Smoke and pollution is my 'trigger' for an asthmatic attack, and I happen live in a street where bonfires and barbeques are very common, which results in a frequent ride in a 'yellow peril' to A&E and short stay in a hospital bed.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

statistics don't say what you can't get away with, only what the odds are of doing so.

i don't thank inconsiderateness, but, second hand (tobacco) smoke was why i had a small personal supply of cheap micro-fiber and n-95 masks on hand from the 99cent store
    when the had them in, before the plague hit. before they became exploited as an over priced fassion item.

finally found of box of ten for four bux, this week after their having been awol from the cheap stores since this plague became a thing.
    i'd been reusing the ones i had for three or four months.

bonfires don't bother me that much, and barbiques almost not at all, but c o p d is what my wife died from.
    not scrolling back but i suppose i've probably already mentioned,
    was repelled by tobacco being a mundane 'in' thing when i was in high school,
    the herb may have been around then, but it wasn't until my mid 20s that i satisfied my curiosity about that,
    and it was people closer to my own way of thinking who shared it around as a social gesture,
    so i was never put off by it like i was with tobacco.
    never became a thing in my life though, and i wouldn't buy it at what the prices for it are now.
    and if the laws were really about public health and safety, instead of protecting greed,
    it would always have been the other way arround, with the herb regulated and tobacco banned.

19. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I smoked for 18 years.I am quite certain that when I cleaned up my diet was the factor for stop smoking.

20. lapush

lapush Members

Non-smoker
    Almost as pure as the wind driven snow.