Smokeing with the shower on

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by OneOfTheseDays, May 12, 2004.

1. OneOfTheseDays

OneOfTheseDays Member

One of my friends told me that if you smoke in the bathroom with the shower on, and turn the hot water all the way up, the steam will absorb the smoke and smell. Could somone tell me if this is true? thanks

2. nesta

nesta Banned

no, its not true

3. madboy139

madboy139 Member

no but if you turn on the vent sucky thing it sucks out the smoke with the steam. not sure where that goes though, you may end up just pumping the pot smoke out into your living room or something.

4. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

It depends on the way your house is setup. I know most of them just have a fan to suck it all out and spread it around the house just to make it less concentrated. Others actually lead out of the house.

I really woudln't try it, though. It'd be a bitch smoking like that, anyway. You'd have to worry about not letting it get wet and shit, and that'd be nearly impossible considering the amount of steam everywhere.

5. nesta

nesta Banned

it would be really easy if you weren't actually smoking IN the shower...

but yeah, those vents are very rarely worth much anyway...i know ours doesn't do a very good job with steam, let alone smoke. you'd do much better to load a pipe one hit at a time and stick your head way OUTSIDE your bedroom window before exhaling, and closing the window between hits to prevent it from coming back inside...

6. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

if you want to smoke secretly, an ingenious idea I have heard is something called "poppers"

what you do is you get a pop bottle or something, get a tube about the same width as a cigarette

you put the tube into the bottle, but not like you're making a bong, just a little bit inside the bottle, but make sure its airtight

then you either smoke a cigarette or rip the filter off, put the filter into the tube, and put a little ball of pot on top of the filter. Fill the bottom of the pop bottle with water. You then smoke it like you're smoking out of a bong, but don't inhale too hard at first, just enough to get all of the pot smoked and inside the bottle. Once you think you've cashed the bowl-if you wanna call it that- inhale hard. This will suck the filter and pot into the water, and then all the smoke will go into your lungs. Exhale out the window.

Smoking this way makes sure no smoke gets in the room because the pot is only lit when you're actually sucking on the opening of the bottle.

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i believe water does help clean the air.

i remember a friend splashing sink water in the bathroom after toking up at school once.

8. pat_mycat

pat_mycat Member

suck that smoke up yourself man.

9. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

No, I don't believe it fully gets rid of the smell without a fan on or a window open. When I smoke in the shower (lol, I do it every morning on the weekend), I usually put a towel under the door, open the window a crack, turn the fan on and turn it to a bit warmer. This seems to get rid of the smell, but the window and the fan play more of a part than the steam....

10. lucjl volcin

lucjl volcin Senior Member

I've smoked in the bathroom with the shower on countless times. I have only been caught once smoking in the bathroom. The only reason i got caught was becasue i smoked to much, which caused the bathroom to smell like straight up weed smell. So yes you can smoke in the bathroom if you are carefull.Make sure you have the door with a towl under it. This keeps any weed smell from coming threw the door. And you must have the hot water all the way up.But If you smoke to much your parents will probably smell the smoke if they walk into the bathroom.

11. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

ha ha! i can just imagine this crazy scene happening: a freshly-stoned kid in the bathroom at school frantically splashing water everywhere... lol it´d be funny to walk in on

12. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

it's called a "Jamaican Hotbox" and I only do it because it's fun. the steam is more dense than the smoke, and will push it to where ever the steam goes, this is why i keep my bathroom window open and blow it outside, and the steam will take care of the rest. and after that just take a shower and rest of the smell will be gone. but keep some air freshener in there just encase it still smells.

13. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

this method... smoking in the bathroom with a steamy shower, then taking a shower afterward and having the vent on.. always worked for me throughout high school. And my parents smoke herb and nothing else but never in the house so if there is one scent of smoke in the house everyone knows. Towel the door. Use a lot of soap and shampoo and hold your hits as long as you can.

def not the healthiest or more most environmentally conscious way of smoking but it did work in my experience.

14. skunkychriznon

skunkychriznon Member

Take a toilet paper tube or something similar, stuff in some dryer sheets, exhale through said contraption. All you smell is dryer sheet, even with some skunk ass chron. Worked for me and my friends all through high school.

15. jusdino4it

jusdino4it DR. Lifetime Supporter

Man, if somone could invent like a cigarette shapped thing, that you could just blowthrough, and it would filter out the smell, they would make a fourtune. Imagine just pulling out a cig sized straw, and being able to get away with smoking anywhere.

16. Dazed-Jamie

Dazed-Jamie Member

If you're hitting poppers in your bathroom you will run the risk of not being able to clear the tube. This would be bad because you'll end up coughing and it will smell up your bathroom... If you're inexperienced with them i would say that you will likely NOT be able to clear it. This is just because the chunk of cigarette you put in before the weed is pretty harsh through a bong especially if its your first time... Although the benefit is that the weed rushes to your head right away with the tobbacco, i dont see how it would help you to smoke in a bathroom. Poppers also create ALOT of smoke, smoke that will be even more strong because you've been smoking a chunk of cigarette as well. My recomendation would be to just smoke little bowls that you can pull through easily and then blow out your window (if you blow into a fan just stand on your counter and blow into it from point blank). Afterwards have a shower and steam up the room, and use alot of soap.. showers will often mask pot smell completely if there isnt too much of it.

17. BrokenGlass

BrokenGlass Member

Just hold your hit in for a long time everytime you hit it so when you exhale no smoke comes out. It wont smell and youll get really baked so you win twice.

18. Insomniac_Junkie

Insomniac_Junkie Member

It's kinda hard getting all that. Is there a site or something that has like diagrams and stuff? I'm more of a visual learner :leaving:

19. Insomniac_Junkie

Insomniac_Junkie Member

OH and to the original poster, if your looking to hide your smoking try toilet paper tubes with dryer sheets crammed in, then exhale through that, near a fan, vent, window if possible.

20. Tommy1The1Cat

Tommy1The1Cat Senior Member

I was rollin a joint earlier while the shower was on and my sister smelt pot. I just told I took a shit and my shit smells like pot, haha i am glad she believed me