Smoked weed for the first time in probably a decade

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Cherea, May 6, 2013.

1. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

To my surprise, I didn't get paranoid. But I just tapped it real light. I forgot there was such a thing as a weed hangover.

Couldn't remember jack shit the next day!

2. NikoGreene

NikoGreene Member

Congrats! I havn't had a weed hangover in about 7 years though! Don't worry the fog will clear :)

3. misplacedJim

misplacedJim Member

Did the same myself just a month or so ago. Man...made me paranoid as hell. To the point I couldn't enjoy myself. So I'm holding out again...till I'm around the right people and can sit back and enjoy myself

4. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Good weed doesnt really make you paranoid, it was always the shitty dirt weed that made me paranoid back in the day.

5. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

6. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

Say what?

I completely disagree. I feel like a lot of the paranoia stems from the potency of the product you're dealing with... Super potent shit being obviously more likely to induce freak outs/panic attacks because the intensity and onset of effects are that much stronger. It's not like paranoia is an intrinsic property of the plant itself which is more present in medicinal quality cannabis than it is from ditch-weed... It's a potency issue. It's not like its a specific terpene or something present in either medical grade or schwag which is causing panic reactions and paranoia. It's just dose. Especially with no tolerance, as you increase the level of THC being consumed, the chance of a paranoid/panic reaction increases proportionately in my experience.

I have smoked a couple people on hash oil who had pretty much no tolerance to cannabis (extremely stupid idea in retrospect), and I had to deal with babysitting for several hours and trying to do some damage control from the resulting freak-outs....

I feel the best thing for people with no tolerance is to start with low grade herb and work their way up. I would say you want to stay under about 10% THC content by weight, with the heady stuff you're easily doubling or tripling the potency (and it goes up five-fold and more with hashes and oils). I'll never forget smoking out my aunt on medicinal quality buds... she's a very infrequent smoker (maybe twice a year) and is usually used to getting the brown-town schwag (which she thinks is "good stuff"). I figured she would be fine smoking some dank, so I told her just go easy and start with one hit.. She proceeded to take two and an hour later was crying and having a breakdown. Total buzzkill. So I've come to realize that even a hit or two can be two much for the inexperienced or intolerant.

Its the same concept with psychedelics... I remember growing up I sold a kid 1/8th of mushrooms and he took them all and proceeded to freak out and have a bad experience, during which his Mom came home and discovered he was on psychedelics and she was furious (she was not at all okay with drugs) and immediately started flipping out on her son, thereby making his bad trip even worse and more excruciating for him... Anyways, I came to find out years later that his mother still hates me because she's convinced the shrooms I sold him were "bad," and that they had to have been tainted in some way to produce the kind of reaction in him that they did... I still find this hilarious because in actuality the problem was that the mushrooms were too good, too potent and he was unable to handle 3.5 grams of them, they were not "bad" or tainted in anway...

moral of the story: potency can be a mofo if you're unprepared, start low and work up!

7. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

^^^ you expect me to read all that?

anyways thats just my own personal experience. everyone's different.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ahhh, yes, Its been almost three years since I gave it up, had too for work. Boy do I miss it.

Never got paranoid, although was cynical and paranoid to begin with, so maybe just didnt notice the difference

So glad I did take that first toke all those years ago, expands the mind

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It depends on many things, and has nothing to do with "shitty dirt weed." I have a tendency toward paranoia without weed, so often smoking exacerbates this. Then again, I find that smoking less often tends to make me less paranoid when I do smoke. Really, it's about being able to control your thoughts. It's easy to obsess and ruminate over things when you're stoned. It very much depends on the person smoking and their frame of mind. Under the right circumstances, there is very little paranoia. If there is a lot going on in my life, or something is bothering me, weed tends to magnify those things, and my thinking becomes paranoid.

10. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

pretty much the same for me. if i'm in the mood to relax, weed helps me relax. if i'm stressed and worried, weed helps me be stressed and worried.

11. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

^ Rat is right. The paranoia doesn't come from the 'herb, it comes from the user. Tolerance and potency come into play, like if a paranoid person gets a light body buzz they may be able to keep it in check. But if they are stoned out of their gourd they might have trouble keeping those thoughts at bay.

I've never been paranoid from smoking. Not even when I first started or when starting back after a long break. In fact I'm the complete opposite, and its gotten me in trouble. As in i cant even remember how many possesion charges ive had.

I quit for two years because of probation. The day of my last piss test I brought a joint with me for an "after piss test celebration." I was parallel parked directly in front of the probation office, and sparked up right in my truck. I didn't feel safe to drive so I sat there for 30 min watching my PO, while I was stoned out of my mind. I didn't get paranoid at all.....It was exciting and fun :)

12. MrGruber

MrGruber Guest

I'd say weed definitely amplifies the current thoughts/feelings. If I've just toked and am placed in a situation where I'm uncomfortable or where I shouldn't be stoned, I get paranoid. Now when I had to put my dog down because she had brain cancer.. Later that day I had a toke and it immediately amplified those feelings. I let those tears roll. Damn, death is one heavy topic to digest regardless of state of mind.