Smoked Salmon Risotto

Discussion in 'Seafood' started by AnAussieChef, May 12, 2019.

1. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

Risotto is not as difficult to prepare as some chefs like to pretend,it’s simply a matter of using the best rice you can find and using good stock and making sure each cup of stock is fully absorbed before adding any more.
    For Risotto a’la salmone you will need-
    2 Cups Arborio Rice
    I Onion finely chopped
    6 Cups Chicken Stock
    1/2 Cup Cream
    1 Cup of sliced smoked salmon
    8 Tablespoons Butter
    Salt & Pepper

In a large frypan saute the salmon in 2 tablespoons of butter,season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat ,add the cream and cook for a further minute then set aside.
    For the risotto melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onion till softened and translucent,add the rice and cook 3 minutes ensuring that every grain of rice is coated in the butter,then start slowly adding one cup of hot stock at a time ensuring that all stock is fullly absorbed before adding any more,after 10 minutes add the salmon mixture it will take about 20 minutes for the rice to fully absorb all the
    stock,when done it will be tender and creamy but not mushy,add the rest of the butter and stir in a little parmesan cheese if you wish,cover and leave a further 2 minutes prior to serving.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I really hate risotto, its just wet fried rice

AnAussieChef likes this.
  3. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

If it's made correctly it should not be "wet",moist yes but not wet or gluggy,but you are of course totally entitled to your view and you aren't the
    only person whose made that comment to me over the years.
    Cheers
    Paul