Smilefest 2005

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by UrsusKind, Jan 20, 2005.

1. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

Ok this is for all you NC kind folks smilefest is already in the works BUT IN A NEW PLACE!!!!!!!!.

This was on the main page at http://www.smilefest.com/

Smilefest 2005 announced! Smilefest 11 will take place May 27-29, 2005 (Memorial Day Weekend) at Deerfields in Mills River, NC.

The event will feature over 25 top-notch bands, over 20 vendors, The Kid's Universe, and the kind community of people that has made Smilefest a yearly destination for thousands of music lovers!

Deerfields is located 20 miles south of Asheville. The venue features 940 acres of mountain heaven with camping, hiking, orchards and two lakeside stages. This is the most beautiful setting that has ever hosted Smilefest!

Artist and ticket information will be posted here soon. In the meantime mark your calendars and tell your friends. This year is shaping up to be the best Smilefest yet!
    20 Jan 2005 by webmaster

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

smilefest has been known for very thourough and invasive search and arrest procedures. the music is always top-notch and the people are amazingly wonderful. but after being there the last 3 years, i suggest that you bring and do no drugs here. i seen them go tent to tent ripping apart everything and putting people in jail for small amounts of weed. i wonder if the new location will change this, but just remember, smilfest is the one to be careful at. but i highly recomend this festival.

3. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Perhaps they should look into having the festival on private land. Private land= No Cops... Schwagstocks are on private land and there are rarely any busts there..

BTW: I may be mistaken but don't they have to have a warrant or at least probable cause to go in your tent?