smacking the cane the ruler the slipper whomping

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by jonny2mad, Apr 10, 2007.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

lol. yeah, i'm a bit of a dom, though not "professionally," so to speak. i don't like being domineering to people who resent it, either, though who can help being what they are, right?

2. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

Yeah I get you girl....

Maybe we go into business and frighten the
    hell out of men that want scaring....(scaring
    note, nor scarring)....

I am a gentle dominatrix...

lol...

3. mynameiskc

men who want scaring and scarring are more than welcome to it from me. ;) women i tend to be more gentle with. can't help it.

4. sentient

sentient Senior Member

I am confused now, has everyone suddenly agreed that spanking is, under exceptional circumstances - as the ultimate deterrent, a force for good?

I believe children should be spanked. I have had cause to spank one before now, and understood what an absolute brute action that was and couldnt live with it, but at the same time could not have allowed the offence to go unpunished. The kid was 10 and threw half a house brick which narrowly missed my head and hit me on the shoulder with some force, merely because I told him he could not go to the shop with his friend and that I had no money for him to spend.
    I think his behaviour was absolutely outrageous, and I can tell you now that he never again did anything like it and was never punished in that way again. What if I had not reacted with equal force against him, perhaps he would have believed his actions were that of a reasonable person.

I would never advocate the physical or mental abuse of anyone, and do not believe a punishment spanking is abuse, I believe it is a lesson that one unreasonable act leads to another. No one should advocate such punishment as a normal punishment for every offense but certainly if a child commits serious offenses against the person or offences against property that could lead to criminal prosecution. It is in the childs best interest

5. mynameiskc

no, sentient, we're still sharply divided. i believe under certain circumstances (and not by people with rage issues like mine) it's a worthwhile last ditch effort. but others believe completely the opposite. it's one of those things that no one will ever change anyone else's mind on unless they were leaning that direction anyway.

6. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Not quite. :)
    You chucked a brick back at him ? I believe you could of dealt with it without striking and still got the message over that it was damned unreasonable behaviour by him and he'd never do it again
    its not if it happens very infrequently, what if it happens 6 times a day ? It is very rarely the force that is used but the frequency that is a problem.
    All reasonable behaviour and if striking a child was banned would not lead to prosecution. Some children receive too much chastisement this should be stopped and there is only one way to do that. :)

7. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

8. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

very funny

9. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Following on from my next door neighbour. Last night I heard them both argueing. The mother was clearly stressed and the daughter is out of control. Now this kid is talking about sexual things. I overheard the word,"Hoe" used a couple of times. i believe if her mother smacked her then this kid would not be running riot.

10. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

I believe if the Mother sat down and
    talked with her daughter and tried
    to be mature enough to address her
    in a civilised way....she might get
    through to her...

Smack her......what would that prove
    smacking is an attempt to shut kids
    up....this is what my folks used to do
    to me...."she says too much...whack"

I later had severe problems in speaking
    out cost I associated it with being
    punished!!

What if your neighbours kid when she was older
    slapper her mother....

how would that be....??

11. AWITCHCALLEDWONDER

AWITCHCALLEDWONDER Member

I think there is a difference from a quick, light slap on the bum compared to a parent bashing, hitting or even battering their child, so I don't know whether it should be legal or illegal. If it was legal you would get those who batter their child still doing so (if not worse) because they think they can get away with it, so it's probably best not to legalize it, though those who batter their kids will still do it anwayz so it's a catch 22 situation.

I used to get a quick slap on the hand or bum and it never did me no good, just look how I turned out PMSL. Parents just need to be firm, without physical contact I reckon.

12. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

First stage, talk to kid

Second stage be firm with kid

Final stage, unfortunately slippering or a slap. This is how kids learn. It may seem cruel, barbaric and inhumane but believe me, psychologically this is a healthy thing. This is a bit like getting burned for the first time. Putting your hand in a fire, you get burned, you learn from it. (I don't mean a mother or parent should put a kids hand in a fire as this would be barbaric and all the millions of awesome words people who lean on a disagreeing coalition have so far posted. (I respect all opinions but think strongly against demonising parents or even criminalising them for simply smacking their children. Sure there are limits but a loving mother will instinctively know and in a way automatically prevent it going to far. Parents smack out of love, not hatred. There are millions of parents who shouldn't be parents and who do abuse their kids. They are the ones we should criminalise, demonise etc.